What's your biggest "Remember when..." moment in GW2?

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > Remember when Traits could actually change skills into different skills, and you could pick which traits you learned in what order... but from a _vendor_?

> > I actually don't remember this version. How did it work? I remember the release version, where you put points into traitlines and had to buy books to unlock the higher tiers or to reset them, and I remember a version after that where you had to do certain events to unlock some of the traits (which could work well in a singleplayer or fully-instanced game, but was a disaster in the open world).

> >

> >

>

> At one point, you had to buy the traits as well as the tier-tomes.

>

> There were certain traits that changed not only the functionality of specific Weapon or Necro Shroud skills (area of effect, conditions applied, durations, recharge speed, etc.), but also their names. I remember one specifically changed the Shroud 1 skill from "Necrotic Blast" to "Life Blast", a beefed-up version that cost an amount of Life Energy per charge-tier (wow, remember when some skills could be charged up?). The Skill-specific boosts usually weren't worth the trait slot compared to Weapon boosts or utility buffs, so nobody I know actually used them.

>

> It may have been a beta build, but I could swear it was there at launch...

According to the Wiki, Life Blast has just been Life Blast since launch, and Necrotic Blast isn't even on the wiki. So, maybe it was just a beta thing.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > remember when we could play a new character and no weapon skill was locked out?

> > > > >

> > > > > Was that ever a thing? I remember having to unlock each weapon skill by attacking a certain number of times with that weapon. And then having to wait until we could use offhands and then doing the same thing, I believe.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > before the NPE you equip a weapon and all of them are unlocked, loved that.

> > >

> > > No, before the NPE you had to unlock them by attacking with the weapon a certain amount of times or something like that. I don't remember ever having all of the weapon skills automatically unlocked when you first equipped a weapon before the NPE. The NPE actually brought the change that let you automatically unlock a new weapon's skills on equip, as long as you'd already unlocked all the skills on another weapon.

> >

> > i play the game since beta.......yes they did....

>

> I also played the game since beta. Before the NPE, you unlocked the weapon skills by attacking, having to do the process with each weapon. After the NPE, you unlocked as you leveled.

omg I remember! There was a progress bar based on your progress to unlock the next weapon/ skill that was unrelated to the actual character xp bar

Remember when your choices made during character creation actually meant something in the game? When your character had an actual "character"?

> @"Timbersword.9014" said:

> Remember when Lion's Arch was an actual city and not a museum, **with a human girl and a charr girl playing together in secret and not understanding why their father's couldn't stand each other?** A touching moment for us GW1 players now lost forever.

Indeed. :/

P.S. Still waiting for the return of old Lion's Arch (for instance, in the form of a V.I.P. area in the Mists).

Remember snakes as ambient creatures ?

Remember Queen's Gauntlet ?

Remember when WvW was good ?

Remember having no wardrobe ?

Remember how tedious transmutation stones were ?

Remember Zephyrites ?

Remember when WvW was good 3+ years ago ?

Remember when they added pants to light armors ? - Neither do I :/

Remember when boss runs were a thing ?

Remember when dungeons were a thing ?

Remember having no LFG and having to spam /m chat ?

Remember Colin ?

Remember old LA ?

Remember when they said you will have multiple ways of acquiring anything ?

Remember having no permanent gathering tools and having to keep back-up tools in the bag ?

Remember having to click EACH item before we got salvage-all ?

Remember when the starter zones had interesting games and bundles? You could play golem chess, carry feed to cows, etc. The zones felt more alive. To this day I boggle that their metrics said new players tended to find this confusing rather than fun, given how easily even beta testers brand new to the game figured it out. There were also convenient black lion traders right outside various city gates.

I remember when Champions didn't drop champ boxes. Originally all of the champions were just events for events sake. After a month or two, everybody stopped fighting them. That left the overworld riddled with wandering champion monsters that everybody avoided like the plague.

The upside was that I was free to practice fighting these champs as much as I liked. This taught me how to git gud.

Remember when:

You had to do wvw for been there done that?

You had to pay for broken armor and structual upgrades in wvw?

Falling and busting your head trying to get to the entrance of Trolls End?

Trolls End?

That worker in transition LA that hammered the same area of a bridge for 6 months strait?

Fighting the champion in Straights Of Devastation just so you could buy blue quaggan tonics?

Doing the Wark event so you could throw harpy love at people?

Getting yelled at because you threw Harpy Love at people?

The champ train in Queensdale?

Server call outs in LA?

Wanting to go to Cursed Shore and actually having to walk/swim to get there?

Discovering that you can get to Frostgorge from Snowden, but shouldn't go to Frostgorge if you're on a Snowden level toon?

Per character gold?

Per character wvw masteries?

Per character commander tags?

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> Per character wvw masteries?

>! They (World Ability upgrades) still are per character. The points are account wide

Remember Karma farming Cursed Shore before the nerf (Don’t worry Plinx, atleast there’s still the event dailies every so often!)

Remember the old trait system where you were allowed to replace a master trait with an adept trait and replace a grandmaster trait with an adept or master trait? You could potentially have 3 adept traits equipped, or 2 master traits instead of the current system with 1 adept, 1 master, and 1 grandmaster.

Remember when you had access to every trait line and all you had to do was put points into each line and could even stop at a minor trait if you wanted?

Remember when you had to buy a gemstore item to reset your traits outside of a city?

Remember when stats were also tied to those same trait lines?