So, Deepstone

Musaroxy.2874

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > Aquatic Ruins kind of seems like it has Elonian stuff in it. Cliffside I've always got a Woodlands Cascade vibe, Deepstone seems like it could be dwarven ruins in the Far Shiverpeaks somewhere with the text that's similar to stuff found in Varajar Falls or whatever, and we know Solid Ocean is related to the Jade Sea. I don't know if we get expansion on it, but I'm leaning towards no. I hope so, but I think one thing that's disappointing about fractals aside from how rarely they're added to the game is that they are more often than not just a vague fragment of a past that doesn't tie in to current day and don't really receive any elaboration.

>

>

> Cliffside is a bit open for woodlands (desperately want dense verdant forest!), but it could be the shoreline maybe that leads to bay of janthir

If we're talking about human's earliest days in Tyria (world), then not even being on Central Tyria is most likely. The Sunrise Crest area in the world map is prime suspect, followed by shores of Cantha, since it took about 500 years for humans to go from Cantha to Orr/Istan/Kourna. Orr would be the third and last likely choice, since Cliffside doesn't resemble Istan or Kourna _at all_.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Athrenn.9468" said:

> During the mini-boss fight with the Brood Queen, you hear her speak in a language that no one except the NPC you're travelling with seems to understand:

>

> Omdebstea? Iph om lyvut? (No translation)

> Vmaite ba! ("Answer us!")

> Ejewptim devllts ba. ("The rock-hewn [dwarves] trapped us.")

>

> Is this perhaps the language of an elder race of intelligent spiders imprisoned by the dwarves of Deldrimor? More on that later. I haven't finished the fractal yet but I thought the new language bit was interesting.

Hey! I was reading comments and saw yours. Look now.

There was Abaddon - human god. What we can read on Wiki is that he gained his powers from the dead spider goddess - Arachnia. Her body lies in the Spider's Heart in Domain of Torment. It is said that she was one of the insectoid gods that lived long before human gods.

So, here's my conclusion

This might actually be the language of these insectoid beings race. Spider in the Deepstone Fractal says that the dwarves trapped them. As we know dwarves are one of the oldest races od Tyria. They lived before The Six's Arrival. This can mean that they *could* have lived in times when those insectoid beings did! This is crazy, I know, but you know It's possibile! :D

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > @"Athrenn.9468" said:

> > During the mini-boss fight with the Brood Queen, you hear her speak in a language that no one except the NPC you're travelling with seems to understand:

> >

> > Omdebstea? Iph om lyvut? (No translation)

> > Vmaite ba! ("Answer us!")

> > Ejewptim devllts ba. ("The rock-hewn [dwarves] trapped us.")

> >

> > Is this perhaps the language of an elder race of intelligent spiders imprisoned by the dwarves of Deldrimor? More on that later. I haven't finished the fractal yet but I thought the new language bit was interesting.

>

> Hey! I was reading comments and saw yours. Look now.

>

> There was Abaddon - human god. What we can read on Wiki is that he gained his powers from the dead spider goddess - Arachnia. Her body lies in the Spider's Heart in Domain of Torment. It is said that she was one of the insectoid gods that lived long before human gods.

> So, here's my conclusion

> This might actually be the language of these insectoid beings race. Spider in the Deepstone Fractal says that the dwarves trapped them. As we know dwarves are one of the oldest races od Tyria. They lived before The Six's Arrival. This can mean that they *could* have lived in times when those insectoid beings did! This is crazy, I know, but you know It's possibile! :D

Arachnia i believe is non canon as it was never officially implemented into the game. I think the devs have repeated this before.

Not that i am against your theory mind you

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> (Spoilers) Its a bit late to comment on this but if you do the new weapons collections you will see that Cliffside fractal occurs in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, at the hero point in the Dociu Excavation, right on the edge of Deldrimor Front, far into the past.

That's not entirely correct. The guy says that the colossus *passed through* Dociu Excavation. And Cliffside Fractal is clearly more jungle setting than frozen frontier that is the Shiverpeaks. Plus, the fractal is stated to be of humanity's earliest time in the world, and that place was dwarven territory when humanity came to Tyria in 205 - which itself was centuries after they've been in Cantha which, itself, was after they've been somewhere else in the planet (unknown at this point).

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > @"Athrenn.9468" said:

> > During the mini-boss fight with the Brood Queen, you hear her speak in a language that no one except the NPC you're travelling with seems to understand:

> >

> > Omdebstea? Iph om lyvut? (No translation)

> > Vmaite ba! ("Answer us!")

> > Ejewptim devllts ba. ("The rock-hewn [dwarves] trapped us.")

> >

> > Is this perhaps the language of an elder race of intelligent spiders imprisoned by the dwarves of Deldrimor? More on that later. I haven't finished the fractal yet but I thought the new language bit was interesting.

>

> Hey! I was reading comments and saw yours. Look now.

>

> There was Abaddon - human god. What we can read on Wiki is that he gained his powers from the dead spider goddess - Arachnia. Her body lies in the Spider's Heart in Domain of Torment. It is said that she was one of the insectoid gods that lived long before human gods.

> So, here's my conclusion

> This might actually be the language of these insectoid beings race. Spider in the Deepstone Fractal says that the dwarves trapped them. As we know dwarves are one of the oldest races od Tyria. They lived before The Six's Arrival. This can mean that they *could* have lived in times when those insectoid beings did! This is crazy, I know, but you know It's possibile! :D

I love that interpretation. Everything about it measures up with the canon we're familiar with. Abaddon _did_ supplant an unnamed predecessor (so says the [Apostate](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Apostate#Reward_dialogue "Apostate")). There _are_ arachnoid legs decorating the Realm of Torment and even Abaddon's body looks almost insectoid in his fallen form. All we need to do is say that the deity he supplanted was from a race of intelligent spiders native to Tyria and everything fits.

My only question now is who could the Voice be, an entity of great power who speaks in the language of ancient spiders and possesses bodies while summoning spectral fire to tear souls from their vessels. What is the origin of the Light of Deldrimor and why are the Voice and its minions vulnerable to it?