Daily Berry Acquisition bugged

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Did/do the other LS3/4map nodes complete their corresponding map gather daily (fire orchid etc)? If not, probably fixing unintended behaviour.

They do not. The berry one has since release, which made it either seem low priority or an intended feature... it can be jarring to see something that worked for a year just stop working but tbh, since no other LS3 nodes contribute to their gathering dailies I would say this was a stealthy bug fix more likely than not.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Did/do the other LS3/4map nodes complete their corresponding map gather daily (fire orchid etc)? If not, probably fixing unintended behaviour.

The fire orchid one used to count, but I'm not sure if it does not. It was different in two respects:

1. The fire orchid gatherer daily rotates in and out

2. The home instance node only gives 3 of the 5 required orchids, so it was never enough to complete it on its own

It's a reasonable change. The berry daily is for Bitterfrost Frontier... and last I checked, none of the home instances are in Bitterfrost. Presumably it still counts for daily forager, if it's up for the relevant home instance.

_edit: forgot it depended on which city you were in; changed accordingly, thanks to @"Inculpatus cedo.9234"_

> @"gert.7698" said:

> Copy paste from wiki patch notes:

>

> _Daily Berry Acquisition achievement from Daily Bitterfrost Frontier is not counted in home instance now_

And where did the person who put this on Wiki get the information that this was an intended change rather than a bug?

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"gert.7698" said:

> > Copy paste from wiki patch notes:

> >

> > _Daily Berry Acquisition achievement from Daily Bitterfrost Frontier is not counted in home instance now_

>

> And where did the person who put this on Wiki get the information that this was an intended change rather than a bug?

Good point. I always read the update notes on wiki. I thought it was a copy paste from the official notes..

Let’s hope it is just a bug then. I like the free karma from my daily winterberrie chest in my home instance

> @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> >Late Note:

> > Fixed an issue in which the Winterberry Bush Node was incrementing progress for the Daily Berry Acquisition achievement in the Bitterfrost Frontier.

>

> So, there's that.

>

Yes because clearly those 5 berries and sip of karma was game breaking!

*Sarcasm

> @"darksome.1697" said:

> like with the nerf on Rich mining nodes that went from 10 hits to 8 in a recent patch without a single word anywhere.

There never was a nerf like that. You must be using different tools now (which gather at a different pace).

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> Yes because clearly those 5 berries and sip of karma was game breaking!

> *Sarcasm

I don't understand this decision, either. I loved the extra Karma.

> @"darksome.1697" said:

> My money is on them going for the silent treatment on this one as well, hoping it will die away, like with the nerf on Rich mining nodes that went from 10 hits to 8 in a recent patch without a single word anywhere.

Depending on which gathering tool you use, you can either get: 3x3 + 1x1 or 2x4 + 1x2, both for a total of 10 strikes. Nothing has been nerfed about rich nodes.

The decision to nerf the Winterberries in the home instance makes sense. When it comes to the tree and ore nodes, they are actual nodes, the same you find in their respective maps. It doesn't have anything to do with the nodes being in the LW map or not, since Primordial Orchids farmed in other maps count towards the daily. But for both the Winterberries and Orrian Pearls you don't farm a node, but open a box that contains a fixed amount. Orrian Pearls from the home instance never counted towards the Siren's Landing daily, whereas Winterberries did count towards the Bitterfrost Frontier daily. I have always wondered about this discrepancy and ANet's reason for it, and now we appear to have an answer: they were never intended to count towards dailies in the first place.