Naturalist's Crest aka Vine Wall almost impossible to complete

The event spawns at several locations along the thorn wall, which splits the map in half from west to east. I chose to do it at the west end of the wall, on the edge of the map, which is not a regular highway for passing people because it's not close to the camp. Whenever I tried to wait for the event to fail close to the camp, someone always came in and finished the event. There are just too many people passing that way and every little chance that they'll all ignore it, especially since defending the wall is also needed for the same collection.

Why ANet decided to do this, though, considering past backlash they had regarding the prerequisite of failing events for collections, I do not know. I would guess someone forgot about it or didn't get the almost 3 year old memo. The fact that both a successful and failed result for the same event are needed for the same collection only makes it worse.

IMO - remove one or the other medal - one medal for regrowing OR defending the wall, and not two medals for both.

when i tried to get this even at EU midday on NA servers, i STILL see people killing them (and, i can't exactly complain - there's an event up and its needed for an achieve...)..and with how slooooowly the awakened kill the wall, even if one person killed a wave or small portion of awakened even once then they can't get the wall destroyed in time for event to fail. :/ not betting on getting this one for a few weeks at least.