Deepstone, not much meat on these bones.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > The whole way Anet is spending dev resources has been very disappointing for a while already. Replayability is on the backburner and everything going into art, voice overs and story you stop caring about after first playthrough. This is not how you make a sustainable MMO. I dont think I ever heared as many disappointed voices after a LS patch like this one started. I think many people are loosing patience with Anet.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not having the story WILL kill your MMO, it is what the game is sold on.

> > > > And this story will kill it, too. Because it is garbage made for simple minded people with no standards and expectations.

> > >

> > > And what, you think a few challenging fractals will change that? It sounds like you want things from this MMO that it just doesn’t offer, or doesn’t offer enough of.

> >

> > Not my fault that the direction of this game changed so often

>

> No, but you can play other games... Anet isn’t forcing you to play...

Everyone here paid for our right to complain :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > > The whole way Anet is spending dev resources has been very disappointing for a while already. Replayability is on the backburner and everything going into art, voice overs and story you stop caring about after first playthrough. This is not how you make a sustainable MMO. I dont think I ever heared as many disappointed voices after a LS patch like this one started. I think many people are loosing patience with Anet.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not having the story WILL kill your MMO, it is what the game is sold on.

> > > > > And this story will kill it, too. Because it is garbage made for simple minded people with no standards and expectations.

> > > >

> > > > And what, you think a few challenging fractals will change that? It sounds like you want things from this MMO that it just doesn’t offer, or doesn’t offer enough of.

> > >

> > > Not my fault that the direction of this game changed so often

> >

> > No, but you can play other games... Anet isn’t forcing you to play...

>

> Everyone here paid for our right to complain :)

Everything under moderation even moderation.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > > The whole way Anet is spending dev resources has been very disappointing for a while already. Replayability is on the backburner and everything going into art, voice overs and story you stop caring about after first playthrough. This is not how you make a sustainable MMO. I dont think I ever heared as many disappointed voices after a LS patch like this one started. I think many people are loosing patience with Anet.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not having the story WILL kill your MMO, it is what the game is sold on.

> > > > > And this story will kill it, too. Because it is garbage made for simple minded people with no standards and expectations.

> > > >

> > > > And what, you think a few challenging fractals will change that? It sounds like you want things from this MMO that it just doesn’t offer, or doesn’t offer enough of.

> > >

> > > Not my fault that the direction of this game changed so often

> >

> > No, but you can play other games... Anet isn’t forcing you to play...

>

> Everyone here paid for our right to complain :)

Sure, but your wanting to push GW2 into something more raid centric, which frankly, I don’t want to see.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > > I very much enjoyed the overall Deepstone encounter, I like the feeling of it, and I like that there’s multiple puzzles in it.

> > > > >

> > > > > However, the T4 fights are exactly the same as every other Tier, which is disappointing, I feel like at higher Tiers there should be at least another mechanic or something, like maybe add some spiders to spawn on the final boss that immob and give him the tornado attack if we’re going to be super simplistic. That’d make him more interesting for sure.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, falling off the platform of the final boss in any tier above like T1 or T2 should kill you, not float you back onto the platform.

> > > >

> > > > They might overhaul things once they finished all the spare fractals, so we will have 25 unique fractals. They could add CMs, make changes etc. Once there are no new Fractals to develop.

> > >

> > > So in 2 to 3 years?

> >

> > I guess...

> >

> > Here is the thing, people want challenging content it’s there.

> >

> > Do you expect this game to do a complete 180 and start releasing raid wings and cm fractals every 2 months. The whole design of the game would have to completely change too.

> >

> > Why is anyone surprised by the way the game is going?

>

> Nobody said a new fractal and raid every 2 months, not even ff14 does that and its a sub fee game. I would hope for a w1 2 3 pace for raids and 3 fractals per year instead of 1 fractal in 7 months thats quite frankly barebones.

I think the reason w1-3 were quicker is probably because they designing them and building way before HoT went live and probably a lot of work went into without people knowing they exist. Now that people know, I think it’s harder for them to nail down a cadence, but that is ok because this isn’t a raid centric game to begin with. Hell, even if they said one raid wing a year, would be more then reasonable.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > I very much enjoyed the overall Deepstone encounter, I like the feeling of it, and I like that there’s multiple puzzles in it.

> > > >

> > > > However, the T4 fights are exactly the same as every other Tier, which is disappointing, I feel like at higher Tiers there should be at least another mechanic or something, like maybe add some spiders to spawn on the final boss that immob and give him the tornado attack if we’re going to be super simplistic. That’d make him more interesting for sure.

> > > >

> > > > Also, falling off the platform of the final boss in any tier above like T1 or T2 should kill you, not float you back onto the platform.

> > >

> > > They might overhaul things once they finished all the spare fractals, so we will have 25 unique fractals. They could add CMs, make changes etc. Once there are no new Fractals to develop.

> >

> > So in 2 to 3 years?

>

> I guess...

>

> Here is the thing, people want challenging content it’s there.

>

> Do you expect this game to do a complete 180 and start releasing raid wings and cm fractals every 2 months. The whole design of the game would have to completely change too.

>

> Why is anyone surprised by the way the game is going?

The main problem is that once those players exhaust that challenging content, they don’t get more for quite some time, a lot of those players were hoping that a new fractal would have at LEAST a challenge mode on par with 99 and 100 to sate them for the next 7months or so until a new fractal comes out.

I know I personally was hoping this new fractal would have a CM, and I’m not even someone who has the current CMs on farm.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > > I very much enjoyed the overall Deepstone encounter, I like the feeling of it, and I like that there’s multiple puzzles in it.

> > > > >

> > > > > However, the T4 fights are exactly the same as every other Tier, which is disappointing, I feel like at higher Tiers there should be at least another mechanic or something, like maybe add some spiders to spawn on the final boss that immob and give him the tornado attack if we’re going to be super simplistic. That’d make him more interesting for sure.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, falling off the platform of the final boss in any tier above like T1 or T2 should kill you, not float you back onto the platform.

> > > >

> > > > They might overhaul things once they finished all the spare fractals, so we will have 25 unique fractals. They could add CMs, make changes etc. Once there are no new Fractals to develop.

> > >

> > > So in 2 to 3 years?

> >

> > I guess...

> >

> > Here is the thing, people want challenging content it’s there.

> >

> > Do you expect this game to do a complete 180 and start releasing raid wings and cm fractals every 2 months. The whole design of the game would have to completely change too.

> >

> > Why is anyone surprised by the way the game is going?

>

> The main problem is that once those players exhaust that challenging content, they don’t get more for quite some time, a lot of those players were hoping that a new fractal would have at LEAST a challenge mode on par with 99 and 100 to sate them for the next 7months or so until a new fractal comes out.

>

> I know I personally was hoping this new fractal would have a CM, and I’m not even someone who has the current CMs on farm.

Cm makes fractals basically daily content, without it fractals are weekly.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> I am worried that they wont make more CMs because it would reduce the 1 year timegate on fractal god. Each new fractal cm would make it significantly faster to get (for people who have the time to do all of them every day)

They save cms for special stuff, not every fractal is supposes to have them : ^)

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > I am worried that they wont make more CMs because it would reduce the 1 year timegate on fractal god. Each new fractal cm would make it significantly faster to get (for people who have the time to do all of them every day)

>

> They save cms for special stuff, not every fractal is supposes to have them : ^)

there is nothing special about nightmare or shattered observatory other than they have a cm

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > I am worried that they wont make more CMs because it would reduce the 1 year timegate on fractal god. Each new fractal cm would make it significantly faster to get (for people who have the time to do all of them every day)

> >

> > They save cms for special stuff, not every fractal is supposes to have them : ^)

>

> there is nothing special about nightmare or shattered observatory other than they have a cm

They are part of a multifractal storyline which tbf isnt the case for many if not all of the other fractals.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > I am worried that they wont make more CMs because it would reduce the 1 year timegate on fractal god. Each new fractal cm would make it significantly faster to get (for people who have the time to do all of them every day)

> > >

> > > They save cms for special stuff, not every fractal is supposes to have them : ^)

> >

> > there is nothing special about nightmare or shattered observatory other than they have a cm

>

> They are part of a multifractal storyline which tbf isnt the case for many if not all of the other fractals.

To add Zealex comment, I think nightmare and shattered Observatory will always be the highest fractal.

I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

The visual is the same so it could be overwriten?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

>

> The visual is the same so it could be overwriten?

I mean does everyone have access to the skill or just some in the party?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

> >

> > The visual is the same so it could be overwriten?

>

> I mean does everyone have access to the skill or just some in the party?

I got it every time we did the jps and my friends in coms so i assume its everyone. If someone isnt using it they must've not noticed it.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

> > >

> > > The visual is the same so it could be overwriten?

> >

> > I mean does everyone have access to the skill or just some in the party?

>

> I got it every time we did the jps and my friends in coms so i assume its everyone. If someone isnt using it they must've not noticed it.

Ok cool, that's prob it then. We were a pug which by chance were all first timers in there so makes sense

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

> >

> > The visual is the same so it could be overwriten?

>

> I mean does everyone have access to the skill or just some in the party?

I believe everyone does, at least on my playthrough.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

> > > >

> > > > The visual is the same so it could be overwriten?

> > >

> > > I mean does everyone have access to the skill or just some in the party?

> >

> > I got it every time we did the jps and my friends in coms so i assume its everyone. If someone isnt using it they must've not noticed it.

>

> Ok cool, that's prob it then. We were a pug which by chance were all first timers in there so makes sense

Would prefer if it was only 2 ppl or if it went on cd for everyone when 1 used it, it would make the fractal more engagin then :/

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > I preferred it over the last fractal (final boss aside, Oasis won that hands down). WHat I didn't quite get was whether everyone gets the Light of Deldrimor. Only seemed to be 2 ppl using it my group and the rest seemed not to know about it. Does it appear for everyone?

> > > > >

> > > > > The visual is the same so it could be overwriten?

> > > >

> > > > I mean does everyone have access to the skill or just some in the party?

> > >

> > > I got it every time we did the jps and my friends in coms so i assume its everyone. If someone isnt using it they must've not noticed it.

> >

> > Ok cool, that's prob it then. We were a pug which by chance were all first timers in there so makes sense

>

> Would prefer if it was only 2 ppl or if it went on cd for everyone when 1 used it, it would make the fractal more engagin then :/

Could be something to change in the tiers themselves give people less access to the light regarding the tiers.

I only tried it for the first time last night, but in T1. I imagine at T3 that last boss would be more of a challenge.

Honestly, complaining about content that is given to active players for free seems petty. Add to the fact that said content is 100% optional, to gripe about it smacks not only of ingratitude, but is also a waste of energy. If you don't like Deepstone, then don't play Deepstone.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> I only tried it for the first time last night, but in T1. I imagine at T3 that last boss would be more of a challenge.

>

> Honestly, complaining about content that is given to active players for free seems petty. Add to the fact that said content is 100% optional, to gripe about it smacks not only of ingratitude, but is also a waste of energy. If you don't like Deepstone, then don't play Deepstone.

>

Even at t4 the boss is pretty easy. But im a bit grateful they did add in easy fractal, its a nice break from some of the T4s.

I think it's in a fairly good spot right now. True, the bosses are easy, but the flow of the whole thing time-wise is good. Not every new content needs to be harder than the last; remember they had to soften twilight oasis a bit due to the ridiculous Last Laugh instability on the Grenth stage of the boss. So it's okay if they start off a bit on the easy side while everybody learns the mechanics. The thing that is annoying is the random locations of the chests.

Mostly agreeing there with you. From my reddit post:

> [...]

> It is too easy, definitely no new challenge for kinda experienced and geared players, who just grab a few pugs or guildies and wreck their way through it. Mechanics like the “Tetris” corridor can be completely ignored by druid, chronos, warrior, … by just running over, even on T4 – There is also always blink, if needed. Bosses die fast and their mechanics mostly do close to nothing to harm the players as long they have some kind of support. Even the three minute achievement “Of Spiders and Sentinels“ is a joke as long you start with the spiders. In my opinion this new fractal is even though we are missing experience on it one of the easiest fractals overall.

>

> No new rewards: No new skins, no infusion, no title; all in all: no special drops (as far as we know) - that point is basically related to the next one.

>

> Basically, my main point: No Challenge Mo(d/t)e. Just a new fractal without CM or alike gives no new challenge, no extra replayable content per day. You only will see every few days this fractal instead of any other: “Deepstone today… meh, doesn’t matter anyway. Let’s go wreck it.” You could argue, it gives more diversity, but to be honest: I think with daily changing instabilities and 20 fractals, we reached the point of enough diversity for T1-T4 fractals. It frustrates me even more, when I think about all the (easy to implement) possibilities this fractal gives for a Challenge Mo(d/t)e:

> * give the last boss more knockback/push abilities

> * make the platforms of the last boss disappear faster

> * special action key is only available for a limited number of players at the same time (1?) and rotates either on cooldown or timer

> * set a timer for the crossing of the Eastern windy bridge to the spider chamber

> * give the Brood Queen (spider boss) abilities like healing through poison, so you have to condi cleanse

> * fields at the western “tetris” corridor downstate instantly, or at least do by far more damage

> * increase the speed of tornadoes of Deepstone Sentinel (elemental boss)

> * give the Abyss Chamber a timer, or let the plates despawn faster; increase strength of mobs there

> * increase number and strength of spawning mobs in the elevator; maybe make it stop multiple times with different waves of enemies

> …

>

> [...] Therefore, I wish, A-Net would care more about replayability and rewards of new content in form of fractals. We already had similar issues with the Chaos and Twilight Oasis Fractal, because even after long development time all we got was a some extra points for diversity, but these were also a lot more challenging.