Idea for minor and major sigil bloat,

With bags filling up constantly with minor and major sigils, it would be nice if they were similar to the common quality crystals that have a small chance of becoming an amalgamated gemstone in the mystic forge.

If minor and major sigils had a small chance of becoming amalgamated gemstones, it would increase the value of sigils. It might decrease the value of gemstones a bit but they're in such heavy demand that it may not make a huge difference and would be balanced out with the increased value of sigils.

Just a thought. I know some people are going to get upset at this suggestion because they may be auction house whales that make a lot of money off of the current value of gemstones. But it would be nice to have the cost of legendaries reduced just a bit and to have gemstones more available.

We've been dealing with sigil bloat for quite a while now, and I know that was part of the reason unidentified gear was invented, so people could just salvage for basic materials and skip the sigils, but you're still better off identifying the gear than immediately salvaging it which leads to the sigil bloat.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> With bags filling up constantly with minor and major sigils, it would be nice if they were similar to the common quality crystals that have a small chance of becoming an amalgamated gemstone in the mystic forge.

>

> If minor and major sigils had a small chance of becoming amalgamated gemstones, it would increase the value of sigils. It might decrease the value of gemstones a bit but they're in such heavy demand that it may not make a huge difference and would be balanced out with the increased value of sigils.

>

Well the major sigils and runes are already upgrade-able in the forge with a small chance of getting a valuable exotic sigil or rune. As for the minor ones, I'd just like that they can be sold as junk.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> Just a thought. I know some people are going to get upset at this suggestion because they may be auction house whales that make a lot of money off of the current value of gemstones. But it would be nice to have the cost of legendaries reduced just a bit and to have gemstones more available.

>

Most big traders left the gemstone market long ago. Most would probably love a change as you suggested because they will make even more gold buying up all the sigils and runes, if they not already have tens or hundreds of thousands of minor runes and sigils listed on the tP just waiting for a change like you suggested.

I am not saying that I like the status quo but your suggestion wont help very much in your inventory wars and here is why:

It wont change the influx of minor runes and sigils that go into your inventory and that you need to get rid of. Since your suggestion will undoubtely raise their price over vendor value (+15%), you either need to sell them on the tp or forge them yourself into amalgamated gemstones, both requires significantly more time than just selling them to a vendor as you would now. Sure, you get a little more gold for them than before but downside is that it will also devalue all t6 gemstones and universal upgrades, so you will get alot less than the 20+ silver you would currently get for them. IT will probably equal out to the same amount of gold you would get for those combined right now with the difference that you now need to spend way more time to get rid of the runes and sigils that keep piling up in your inventory every time you play a couple of hours.

And by introducing unidentified gear in all maps since PoF as the "main gear drop", they already gave players the choice, if they prefer to salvage the identified gear themselves and deal with the runes and sigils themselves or sell the unid gear on the tp.

And considering that the vast majority of minor runes and sigils is being sold to a vendor and destroyed instead of staying in the economy, I highly doubt that even making them forge fodder for amalgamated gemstones will get them away from vendor value long term but only devalue amalgamated gemstones and t6 orbs to vendor value too.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> I would actually prefer they just straight up remove minor and major runes and sigils from the game entierely, they serve very little purpose in the game and are just a constant annoyance.

This, coupled with the long awaited Rune and Sigil rework, might be a good thing.