Raids and fractals tied to lw. Please reconsider.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > A raid and a fractal do equally good job in bringing back ppl or they would if they were advertised the same.

> > > > > > > Depends on a person. Raids offer nothing for people that do not play them, and that's a majority of the game population.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > True but depends on how big or small that minority is.

> > > > >

> > > > > Does LW bring back more people to the game then raid content. If it is a minority, then yes.

> > > >

> > > > Does lw keep ppl in game for longer than a raid or a fractal cm did? I doubt that.

> > >

> > > Keeps me in the game. Keeps my guild and my friends in the game. Fractals and Raids don’t do that.

> >

> > They do for me my friends and a big number of ppl that i know who make content and advertise this game.

>

> Sorry, I’m failing to see your point here. Are you saying that Raids and Fractals bring more people back into then LW?

>

No im saying it keeps ppl into the game who dont actually care about a story update that can be played once or twice and a map that after 3 or 4 days has nothing to offer.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Apparently Deepstone was small in development scope and the next fractal is already deep in development. The raid is also practically done and all thats left is stuff like vo.

> > >

> > > Yet its heavily implied that the raid will release with the next lw update which is most likely going to be September (unless there is another delay to ensure quality...)

> > >

> > > The fractals will continue to be released every 2 lw updates which looking at Deepstone can be up to 7 months.

> > >

> > > Deepstone had no cm or anything of that sort and is prob one of the easier and shorter fractal yet it rivals shattered as one of the fractals that took the longest to come out.

> > >

> > > And all that because for some reason releasing all the content in bulk is considered a good idea at Anet.

> > >

> > > Theres been alot of players that complained about this aproach to content delivery and i believe they are right.

> > >

> > > Spacing out content wont hurt anyone and will keep the game fresh. Iirc MO was all about shipping content when its ready, i guess he meant shipping content when LW is ready.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > HM ... Your complain/suggestion is related with new content, released for free. What do you think about promised content, already paid and released in small droplets as an add-on for a LW episode? I mean the second generation Legendary weapons? Released without a legendary journey now - contrary to the promises deceiving a lot of players to buy HoT?

> > So, I think ANet releases in a bulk pieces of content weak enough to not qualify as a serious work hoping to compensate by quantity what is lacking in quality.

> > The only bulk delivery I agree with is the delivery of **all the missing gen2. Legendary Weapons** at once. With the promised Legendary Journey attached. The actual mindless gathering is not something to be connected with a Legendary Weapon.

>

> Just a reminder, the devs said that this would have taken YEARS to complete, yeah that’s right, years.

When did they say that again? The original advertisement was about the legendaries a few months before the expac they dropped to 3 or so and a few months after hot they dropped the collection part entirely.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > Apparently Deepstone was small in development scope and the next fractal is already deep in development. The raid is also practically done and all thats left is stuff like vo.

> > > >

> > > > Yet its heavily implied that the raid will release with the next lw update which is most likely going to be September (unless there is another delay to ensure quality...)

> > > >

> > > > The fractals will continue to be released every 2 lw updates which looking at Deepstone can be up to 7 months.

> > > >

> > > > Deepstone had no cm or anything of that sort and is prob one of the easier and shorter fractal yet it rivals shattered as one of the fractals that took the longest to come out.

> > > >

> > > > And all that because for some reason releasing all the content in bulk is considered a good idea at Anet.

> > > >

> > > > Theres been alot of players that complained about this aproach to content delivery and i believe they are right.

> > > >

> > > > Spacing out content wont hurt anyone and will keep the game fresh. Iirc MO was all about shipping content when its ready, i guess he meant shipping content when LW is ready.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > HM ... Your complain/suggestion is related with new content, released for free. What do you think about promised content, already paid and released in small droplets as an add-on for a LW episode? I mean the second generation Legendary weapons? Released without a legendary journey now - contrary to the promises deceiving a lot of players to buy HoT?

> > > So, I think ANet releases in a bulk pieces of content weak enough to not qualify as a serious work hoping to compensate by quantity what is lacking in quality.

> > > The only bulk delivery I agree with is the delivery of **all the missing gen2. Legendary Weapons** at once. With the promised Legendary Journey attached. The actual mindless gathering is not something to be connected with a Legendary Weapon.

> >

> > Just a reminder, the devs said that this would have taken YEARS to complete, yeah that’s right, years.

>

> When did they say that again? The original advertisement was about the legendaries a few months before the expac they dropped to 3 or so and a few months after hot they dropped the collection part entirely.

Mo said when they stopped the legendary collections.

“Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.”

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > Apparently Deepstone was small in development scope and the next fractal is already deep in development. The raid is also practically done and all thats left is stuff like vo.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yet its heavily implied that the raid will release with the next lw update which is most likely going to be September (unless there is another delay to ensure quality...)

> > > > >

> > > > > The fractals will continue to be released every 2 lw updates which looking at Deepstone can be up to 7 months.

> > > > >

> > > > > Deepstone had no cm or anything of that sort and is prob one of the easier and shorter fractal yet it rivals shattered as one of the fractals that took the longest to come out.

> > > > >

> > > > > And all that because for some reason releasing all the content in bulk is considered a good idea at Anet.

> > > > >

> > > > > Theres been alot of players that complained about this aproach to content delivery and i believe they are right.

> > > > >

> > > > > Spacing out content wont hurt anyone and will keep the game fresh. Iirc MO was all about shipping content when its ready, i guess he meant shipping content when LW is ready.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > HM ... Your complain/suggestion is related with new content, released for free. What do you think about promised content, already paid and released in small droplets as an add-on for a LW episode? I mean the second generation Legendary weapons? Released without a legendary journey now - contrary to the promises deceiving a lot of players to buy HoT?

> > > > So, I think ANet releases in a bulk pieces of content weak enough to not qualify as a serious work hoping to compensate by quantity what is lacking in quality.

> > > > The only bulk delivery I agree with is the delivery of **all the missing gen2. Legendary Weapons** at once. With the promised Legendary Journey attached. The actual mindless gathering is not something to be connected with a Legendary Weapon.

> > >

> > > Just a reminder, the devs said that this would have taken YEARS to complete, yeah that’s right, years.

> >

> > When did they say that again? The original advertisement was about the legendaries a few months before the expac they dropped to 3 or so and a few months after hot they dropped the collection part entirely.

>

> Mo said when they stopped the legendary collections.

>

> “Last year we talked about plans to gradually build out a second set of legendary weapons through live content updates. That’s a big responsibility. We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.”

>

>

Oh he wasnt lying when he said years.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> No im saying it keeps ppl into the game who dont actually care about a story update that can be played once or twice and a map that after 3 or 4 days has nothing to offer.

Yes, they do. But since they affect a much smaller group of people, they really **don't** do _equally good_ job at managing player retency. In short, the net effect of raids and fractal CMs on player population is smaller than the effect of LS.

How do i know that? Because we've seen that in action. After HoT launch, even though there were new raid wings coming in (but _nothing else_), the game population kept spiralling down, and people kept calling that time "the content drought". And when did that stop? When **LS3** started.

Yes, some people come down/stay for raids/CMs. Most people _don't_.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> How do i know that? Because we've seen that in action. After HoT launch, even though there were new raid wings coming in (but nothing else), the game population kept spiralling down, and people kept calling that time "the content drought". And when did that stop? When LS3 started.

Did it? How do you know this, because the NCSoft revenue reports show a different picture.

4Q 15: 37331 (Heart of Thorns, Spirit Vale)

1Q 16: 30557 (Salvation Pass)

2Q16: 15894 (Stronghold of the Faithful)

3Q 16: 15315 (LS3 started)

4Q 16: 14870

1Q 17: 14226 (Bastion of the Penitent)

2Q 17: 13555

Let's say that 4Q15 and 1Q16 obviously had the expansion sales that's why they had such high numbers, but 2Q16 had higher numbers than LS3 even though it only had Raid releases. It's also quite clear that LS3 didn't stop the downward spiral at all. There was a ~3.5% drop quarter over quarter, with or without Raids, with or without LS3.

Edit: I'm not saying that Raids bring more people than the LS, all I'm saying is that from the data we see that LS or Raids don't make a huge difference in Revenue.

I enjoy both raids and new story chapters. But the diference is that I will play new story only once but i will play raids multiple times. Maybe raids are played by minority but new raid will keep them playing longer then new episode for others.

Example of this is new episode. Story is done and map has nothing to offer so i will never come back. Same problem as pof maps. Once i finish story only things to do there is gather mastery points and thats all. On the other hand i keep going back to jungle since there are meta events all the time.