Guild wars anniversary Gem sale soon ? @anet

> @"asterix.9614" said:

> I would rather they make new stuff, pretty much everything in the gemstore is boring as hell, I am an outfit hoarder but anet seriously needs to stop with the buttflap/ buttcape thing yuck....

Sadly ... they have a style theme for each weight, and outfits are always designed as one weight or another -- they fit the theme. That theme is buttcape, and trenchcoat, and miniskirt-over-pants. :)

> @"asterix.9614" said:

> I would rather they make new stuff, pretty much everything in the gemstore is boring as hell, I am an outfit hoarder but anet seriously needs to stop with the buttflap/ buttcape thing yuck....

Agreed. In my first 6 or 7 months of playing, I spent several thousand in the gemstore for various things becaus everything was new and exciting. Now I feel like things are getting a bit boring and stale. Even the most recent black lion chest update is a little lackluster and im buying keys mainly just to support the game rather than a desire for anything.

I wish they'd do a gem sale for a change, like 20% off on all gem purchases, instead of doing sales for specific items.

Although the item sales are fine, they also affect gold, while a discount on gems would only apply on cash, making cash-to-gems more enticing = more money for Arenanet.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> I wish they'd do a gem sale for a change, like 20% off on all gem purchases, instead of doing sales for specific items.

> Although the item sales are fine, they also affect gold, while a discount on gems would only apply on cash, making cash-to-gems more enticing = more money for Arenanet.

In fairness, if gems were cheaper it would also affect gold prices, the path is cash to gems to gold after all.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > I wish they'd do a gem sale for a change, like 20% off on all gem purchases, instead of doing sales for specific items.

> > Although the item sales are fine, they also affect gold, while a discount on gems would only apply on cash, making cash-to-gems more enticing = more money for Arenanet.

>

> In fairness, if gems were cheaper it would also affect gold prices, the path is cash to gems to gold after all.

Only for a limited time, like how regular sales work. "For this week only, gem purchases are 20% off! Applies only to cash, not gold exchange." I don't think something like that would affect the value of gold much.

If they want to prevent excessive gem purchasing during this sale they could give 1 gem voucher to every player, applicable only during the sale. More like "Your next gem purchase will be 20% off!", that way the amount of new gems entering the economy at this reduced price will be very limited so there won't be a noticeable effect on gold.

As the page the OP linked showed the anniversary sale always starts in early-mid August, and gem store stuff rarely gets announced more than about a week in advance so it's unlikely they'll say anything about it yet. But we've had an anniversary sale every year so there's no reason to think there won't be one this year.