Character Name (gw1)

1. Look for old screenshots; if you're lucky, one of your character's names will show.

2. Submit a ticket/email support with the account information that you do have, and it's possible that they will be able to retrieve a character name for you; however, be prepared for a wait.

3. Good luck.

> @"LoneManWolf.2678" said:

> Anyone have a trick to finding a character name on an account for gw1? I remembered password to get on here but can't remember a character name from the account as it's been years since i played ...

What @"Rabbi Rick.3194" said, but also...

If you played GW2 right at the start, you might have (lots of people did, and I certainly did) created a GW2 character with the same name as one of your GW1 characters.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > If you have linked the two accounts they use the same email and password now ( so try your gw2 login details)

>

> GW1 requires a character name to log in, as well as the email/password.

Wait for a regular login? I thought that was only to reset password.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > If you have linked the two accounts they use the same email and password now ( so try your gw2 login details)

> >

> > GW1 requires a character name to log in, as well as the email/password.

>

> Wait for a regular login? I thought that was only to reset password.

Yup, regular login for GW1 requires a character name.

> @"DaeK.3925" said:

> Ye and to give you an idea how long it might take with support on this issue, Im already 24 days in queue with no response so far.

My most recent ticket took almost exactly 3 weeks to get its first human response. (After that, things happened quickly, even though there was some back & forth required.) My issue was GW2 related. I imagine, for a variety of reasons, helping folks with GW1 issues might not get the top priority.