GW 2 Devs/Playerbase Twitter Discussion

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> man that sucks , i'd rather people learn from their mistakes and such , we all deserve second chances, but it is understood the situation was pretty ballistic and generated an over abundance of : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Salt .

She's been viciously attacking people for YEARS, this wasn't just a single mistake

You reap what you sow

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> man that sucks , i'd rather people learn from their mistakes and such , we all deserve second chances, but it is understood the situation was pretty ballistic and generated an over abundance of : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Salt .

Unfortunately losing a job is the new standard for whenever someone speaks out against the norm online. If it works against one side of the political divide, it should also work against the other for fairness. It's sad for them, sure, but deserved.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> *Please keep the discussion focused to constructively discuss this topic. Focus on evidence and suggestions, not hate or assumptions. Ultimately we just want our game and community to be strong.

>

> For those of you just coming into the discussion:

>

> https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

> https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8w3q4n/must_be_a_thrill_to_work_with_this_dev/

>

> ---

>

> Both devs should know better than to respond in such a way despite where they post their responses. It's social media, 2018, and the last negative Anet needs to add to the list is a "Roseanne Twitter" moment.

>

> Being a "professional" writer and working for a large company like Anet requires professionalism any time you are communicating with your game's fanbase in a public/open setting. It doesn't matter if it's in or out of the office. If you can be quoted with proof, you do not respond in a way that is damaging to your company and team unless you don't care for repercussion.

>

> It's unfortunate because I think JP may be one of the most insightful members and additions on the writing team when she is actually writing for the game, and not on her personal twitter. She understands how this game functions and she brings a lot of detail and perception to the writing team that is vital for this game's story that has been steadily declining. She cares for the necessary progression of the characters and plot which is something we desperately need for our GW 2 story right now. She's been incredibly informative and helpful in responding on the Dev Chat threads.

>

> I hope she isn't terminated, but I also hope she personally gives an apology to the playerbase and those two GW 2 streamers who are a big part of our community. If she does and it's a decent apology, this can possibly be salvaged. Give her a chance to redeem herself just as you have with that blockhead Braham. One chance. Nothing more.

> @"Mike O Brien.4613" said:

> Recently two of our employees failed to uphold our standards of communicating with players. Their attacks on the community were unacceptable. As a result, they’re no longer with the company.

>

> I want to be clear that the statements they made do not reflect the views of ArenaNet at all. As a company we always strive to have a collaborative relationship with the Guild Wars community. We value your input. We make this game for you.

>

> Mo

I must say I did not see this coming.

I am very happy for one thing, you have proven me wrong because I was very skeptical.

On the other hand, I dont think we should rejoice for people losing their jobs and livelihoods even though some mightve been justified.

> Recently two of our employees failed to uphold our standards of communicating with players. Their attacks on the community were unacceptable. As a result, they’re no longer with the company.

>

> I want to be clear that the statements they made do not reflect the views of ArenaNet at all. As a company we always strive to have a collaborative relationship with the Guild Wars community. We value your input. We make this game for you.

>

> Mo

Thank you for addressing our concerts so swiftly.

I'm sad it had come to this, I prefer when people change and improve rather than being punished, and I really love stories in which people come to understand each other and grow as individuals.

Everyone is better when we all help each other be better, and I believe that is part of the Spirit of Guild Wars.

Sadly, not everyone comes to understand that, and there's times when there's no good solutions to a conflict.

I can only hope they can learn from this experience instead growing bitter from it.

> @"smitske.4912" said:

> I must say I did not see this coming.

> I am very happy for one thing, you have proven me wrong because I was very skeptical.

> On the other hand, I dont think we should rejoice for people losing their jobs and livelihoods even though some mightve been justified.

Yes we should. People who don't do their jobs correctly should be fired because they make the livelihoods of others worse, in this case most specifically the other employees of ANET. This is a very good thing, and I have no remorse for the devs who got fired.

>

>

> Mo

I'm glad to see that such behavior is not tolerated.

Now that she's canned the only thing I can think of to say is a quote from Jessica herself when from when she was talking about TB's passing

"The kindest thing I can say is "I'm glad she's no longer around to keep doing harm." :^)

good on you arena net

>

>

> Mo

Thank you, I'm not sure if Peter was fired too, but if he was that must've been hard and honestly I think that, in his case, he could've gotten only a strike. Either way I incredibly respect you guys for making the right decision and putting us, the customers, at the top of the priority, let's hope people won't forget this because if Peter was actually fired that means they just fired someone with more than 10 years of experience in the Guild Wars franchise and that says a lot about how much they care about us. As for JP I have nothing to say aside from the obvious good riddance, not only from her latest tweets but from the ones that came before that have been appearing.

Thank you MO.

>

>

> Mo

It must be hard to take such decisions, but I must applaud your attitude toward our Community.

I sincerely appreciate it.