Profane Pants on Human Female

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> OMG!

> Do you really play with that saturation and dark contrast?

> Can't make out whatever you're complaining about...

I do play with those contrasts xd, and what i'm complaining about is the thing covering my booty, has such a weird shape

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> OMG!

> Do you really play with that saturation and dark contrast?

> Can't make out whatever you're complaining about...

A bit off-topic:

I also can't really see something there. But this is a good example of why calibrating our monitors help a lot. When I made my wallpaper which took several days (130 layers) it looks perfect on my PC screen, but on my tablet (Surface) it's over-saturated and on my UHD-TV it's too bright. Currently I am playing FF14 in 4K on a 1080p monitor because I need screenshots in that size. The actual PC image is totally overexposed and the PNG it created are fine.

So we might see it way different than the OP.

It's weird shaped shorts. Here's a screenshot from a slightly different angle, and with different dyes and lighting which I think shows it a bit more clearly:

![](https://i.imgur.com/AHiF8mJ.jpg "")

I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, but basically these "pants" are some very short shorts and then detached leggings. The shorts have a weird cut-out shape where they're slightly longer at the back and then abruptly get shorter, then come down slightly again in the front for a less drastic version of the same effect. From directly behind like in the OP's screenshot it makes them look very square. (And yes I'm fairly certain that is the shape of the shorts and not clipping, I've checked on a couple of characters with different body shapes. The screenshot is taken on my sylvari who uses the skinniest body type available and so should be the least prone to clipping.) You can see it yourself if you preview them in-game.

I think it's part of the intended aesthetic of profane armour which is very jagged, but it does look a bit weird. You might be able to soften the effect by using different dye, but I don't think there's any way to get rid of it completely. I'd suggest using a different style, but light trousers are hard to come by in this game. (Something I keep hoping Anet will fix, especially now they've addressed the overly conservative male light armour issue.)

Edit: And not directly relevant but in case anyone's wondering those red spikes wrapped around her legs are not part of the profane armour, they're orchid boots which I forgot to hide when taking the sceenshot.

I don't see this as bait at all. The OP has an issue with how the pants look on a character. The title names the skin and the affected character type. "Profane" is in fact the name of the skin.

As to the actual issue here, I think what's going on is the skin is a fairly direct translation of the GW1 skin. Graphics in that game are much simpler, armor more painted on and stylized with occasional odd shapes. The Profane armor set was designed to look as much like the original as possible (for nostalgia reasons?) so it's going to look awkward when put into the updated aesthetic of this game.

> @"Alexa Scorpionwitch.8567" said:

> I just wished they changed the way dye acts on it. Even the Abyss colors are bright when applied to this set. Hard to match it with other pieces when they dye so differently.

Pretty much this. I happen to really like the Profane set, because it is both slimming and bootylicious, but the way dyes behave on it make things hard to color. The set looks like it is made out of plastic, and the material doesn't match the metal or cloth colors that any other outfits have, which makes hybridizing the set difficult.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> As to the actual issue here, I think what's going on is the skin is a fairly direct translation of the GW1 skin. Graphics in that game are much simpler, armor more painted on and stylized with occasional odd shapes. The Profane armor set was designed to look as much like the original as possible (for nostalgia reasons?) so it's going to look awkward when put into the updated aesthetic of this game.

The [GW1 version of this armour](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_female_necromancer_Profane_armor "GW1 version of this armour") doesn't have detached shorts and leggings - it has leggings with rectangular cutouts. For the GW2 version they have actually changed the design by removing part of it, but kept the sharp angles from the cutout.