The Tyrian Service Medal....Mainly the Cathedral ones

The world bosses was easy enough. The Cathedral ones, not so much.

Its not doing them that is hard, just trying to be at the right place at the right time that is difficult. Every time I log in, they are all open.

I've tried looking for a group.....not much luck.

Are there any tips on how to be at the right place and time to get these done?

> @"azizul.8469" said:

> **would be nice if we get the credit for defending them as well, not just for retaking**... as of now, it will encourage people to fail the defend event so that the retaking event can occur....

I have defended 4 out of 5 Temples of orr and i am pretty certain i got the medals for all 4.

Got the medal for defense for everything but melandru. Did a defend for melandru and Lyssa and failed to get the medal. I heard from various that there are more than one defense event and only one counts.

Either way they ALL meant a LOT of sitting Around NOT playing the game to get this finished. Got caught up on some reading though.

> @"azizul.8469" said:

> **would be nice if we get the credit for defending them as well, not just for retaking**... as of now, it will encourage people to fail the defend event so that the retaking event can occur....

we _already do_ get credit for defense

The sole exception is that sometimes melandru defense bugs out (for an entirely different sort of bug).

In some cases, people don't get credit because they aren't doing enough damage to the relevant foes. That also has nothing to do with the Orrian Temple events, as such; it's part & parcel of the underlying mechanic of getting credit generally (as can be easily seen in the Kourna meta, the newest of events, which is also [ahem] plagued by the same issue for _some_ people).

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Got the medal for defense for everything but melandru. Did a defend for melandru and Lyssa and failed to get the medal. **I heard from various that there are more than one defense event and only one counts**.

According to the wiki this is true for Dwayna at least -- defending vs the risen priestess doesn't count -- and that jibes with my personal experience as well: Did full event for defending vs priestess and got gold credit for event but no service medal credit; Got to lieutenant defense in progress and tagged him at the very end, got credit for service medal . . .

Also got service medal credit for defense at Grenth and Lyssa, credit for Mel came on assault but I didn't have to take the temple, just kill the risen priest . . .

> @"azizul.8469" said:

I agree, in the future it would a good idea to have the achievoes tied to both events.

Anet, if you insist on using the temple events over and over for different collections/items ( IE pre cursors ) can you please put a dedicated timer on the temples so that they reset no matter what happens, I just waited for an hour for melandru to become contested ( WHICH HAS TO FAIL ) in order to reset the chain so that I can get Mark of Verdance and low and behold the people protected the temple so the event was successful so no item as again it needs to FAIL to reset the events,

Put an auto reset timer on all temples at 4 hours, so they reset no matter what happens, this having to have events FAIL is a pain, and I thought we had done away with this mechanic along time ago, but apparently you didn't learn anything from the past.