So we wanted a charr motorcycle, we got an armadillo...

**Edit: i know it was designed before the trailer came out, guess i should have mentioned it because i though that was a given, what's sad for me atleast is that the 1st 2k gem mount skin they can think off for roller beetle when it was finalized to be the 6th mount within the dev mount/outfits division, is an armadillo instead of other obviously cooler other options. Had to put this up because people overlooked 1 sentence in this 2 paragraph post, so i put it in bold.**

I'm sure not everyone wanted a charr car/motorcycle, but an overwhelming response when the roller beetle trailer was first shown had positive reviews comparing the roller beetle to the charr motiorcycle/car or the dark knights batman motorcycle, and hope that we do finally get to use that charr motorcycle outside WvW desert borderlands, or parked npc structures in black citadel and that 1 instance in the core gw2 orr story. **I'm surprised that when anet first started developing the roller beetle as a mount, the first idea that comes up to them as a 2k gem mount skin is an armadillo.**

Can't say i am fond of it, nor will i shell 2k gems for it, because i feel its not worth it for me atleast. But if anet was to release a charr motorcycle/tron bike roller beetle skin or a wyvern/dragon(no plz not aurene) griffon skin i will no doubt support the game and buy that mount skip ASAP. All i'm saying is, so far i have not been happy or enticed to buy these 2k gem mounts skins, did not like the peacock, or the goat, the demon skimmer was ok, forged warhound was ugly af, nine tails remind me of my younger weeb naruto days which is not good, and the golden black lion charr girffon skin was decent but nor worth 2k gems imo especially since it has those extra feathers that makes it less of a lion, now the armadillo, oh boy another cutsey mount skin, facepalm . Yes they are overpriced if you ask me, but if it was the right skin, i would not mind shelling out $25 for it, which in turn support my favorite mmo, which means more content, but maybe thats just me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care much for getting a charrcycle, so can't say Im disapointed about that. I do like the armadillo and it does make sense. I don't have rl money or ingame gold to afford the 2k gem skins though, so either way it doesn't matter too much to me I guess.

If the Charr motorcycle is basically a wheel, that rolled up like the beetle then.. I can see it working.

However, as we've seen with.. practically every other skin ever made (all of them?), a skin follows the boning in the original mount.

In other words, its skeleton must correspond to the original mount.

Heck, I could be wrong - are there any skins that deviate from the original mount's skeletal setup?

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Its likely that they were already making this skin before the beetle was even announced. So far there isn't a single variant skin I want.

ofcourse that is true, but they designed this skin after the fact that they knew within the mount skins division that the roller beetle will be a mount, what concerns me is that this is the 1st skin they thought off which is sad. i guess i should explain in the OP that i knew it was designed before the trailer release.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> >So we wanted a charr motorcycle, we got an armadillo...

> As if this is the only mountfit for the beetle we're going to see. As if ANet could have created a new mountfit in the 2 weeks since LS4.3 launched. As if there's been time for our feedback to impact the next skin.

edited the OP bcuz i thought it was a given they cant design a new mount skin in 2 weeks so it was obvious it was designed before it the roller beetle was announced but i guess i had to be obvious and state that in the OP so i did.

There was a fair amount of discussion of a flying saucer-based skimmer, and golem mounts earlier, and nothing came of that, either. It seems so far that Anet is sticking to the concept of mounts as living creatures rather than mechanical ones. The forged jackal may be considered sort of an exception to that. Apart form that one, the exoskeleton mounts are the closest to a mechanical mount, and they are clearly still living, cyborg-ish creatures.

I think, for a motor-vehicle mount skin to make sense, they’d first have to change the way the beetle gains endurance (i.e., make it start at 100%). Otherwise, you’ve got a pretty flawed vehicle if it can’t accelerate worth a crap unless it’s on a decline or 10 seconds has passed.

> @"Skyavell.9573" said:

> So we wanted a charr motorcycle, we got an armadillo...

**You** wanted a "Charr motorcycle", **I** just wanted generic Roller Beetle skins with nice patterns and an adequate number of dye channels. :+1:

Anyway, we can agree that neither of us wanted a "cutsey thingy". ;)