Meetshield.1756

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Victory.2879" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > > I know meteor shower is doing more damage but where are these 18K-25K shots coming from? I run full zerk and I'm lucky to pull 8K-12K on any target (usually it's around 4-5K). So if this is the case, maybe MS needs to be buffed more?

> > >

> > > Why is a class with the lowest hp and if out of a position a sitting duck, being looked at to nerf a skill that's on a 24 or 30s cool down? Especially when there is the Rev class running around pulling 10k-14k CoR every 4s and can take a lot more punishment?

> > >

> > > We know Anet is going to fix MS, but truth be told, this should not be a priority

> >

> > Your build is bad, which explains why you don't do damage. Run less zerk and actual decent traits / boon uptime and you'll get more damage.

> > My meteor is doing more damage than a rev CoR by a long shot and i'm far more mobile than any rev. That said rev still has some more group support.

>

> He's probably staff ele. The real problem seems to be weaver, which can generate a lot more buffs/power/etc quickly and then fire off an OP Meteor Storm.

>

> As to fixing it, they need to be careful they don't completely nerf it into the ground for other eles- which means they need to adjust other things on weaver and not just the raw figures on ele (and then hopefully actually test it, lols). So it's not as simple as it sounds.

>

> Then we can go back to 4 sec 12-14k CoR (compared to 30 second cooldown on meteor), insta downed macro using thiefs, mes spikes insta downed, stealth abuse- which people seem to think are less of an issue than meteor because?

>

> Face it- Point of Failure boosted damage too much and trying to balance that is pretty much a losing game.

Staff ele even before the bug did more damage than what he's talking about. He's not a staff ele, his build by definition has to be bad. I can hit 8-12k on balanced core staff ele build without any issues. Also core staff ele generates more boons than weaver. (but it has less dps modifiers)

Weaver and core ele are fairly balanced in WvW; each have their niche. Tempest has its own clear niche too; altho it struggles to compete with FB.

The real issue is that with "normal" pre-bug meteo damage and current lavafont DPS; I'm not sure if weaver provides enough to make it worthwhile for high end. And that means it's not worthwhile for scrubs; even tho they'll still play it and it's more effective against scrubs.

12-14k CoR is as hard as 10-15k pre-bug meteo. Also my meteo has 24s cd. CoR since nerfs is ... okay ish.

Face it - PoF did the same as HoT and the real issue was HoT. HoT was far, far more powercreep than PoF was but yes; every expansion makes the powercreep go further.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die

In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

>

> Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

>

> First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> **PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die**

>

> In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

**BS**

1. On staff (in the same attunement no less) you have [burning Retreat](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burning_Retreat "Burning Retreat")

2. Every Elementalist build worth anything basically takes [Lightning Flash](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Flash "Lightning Flash")

3. Then there is [Mist Form](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form "Mist Form") which was just buffed since invulnerability.

4. Even the downed Elementalists, have [Vapor Form](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Form "Vapor Form") which not-so-surprisingly works well since pirate ship fights non-stop because of the ranged AoE

Glyph of Elemental Power is obviously used with Meteor Shower so ...

Not even talking about the auto defensive traits, or general dodges with near perma-vigor, or etc. or the crazy goodness of auras or CFG for just general getting away. Ele is weak in defense even with glass gear, lol.

The real problem is that it isn't just a single AoE meteor shower, it's the culmination of stacking 5-6 massive AoEs in a general zerg battle. The zerg with the most eles (like firebrands/scourges prior) is currently the one that wins. WvW just is not as fun/has no skillz so I am hanging up the zerg v zerg play until fixed. My other option is to join in and abuse.

> @"Artaz.3819" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> >

> > Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

> >

> > First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> > THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> > **PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die**

> >

> > In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

>

> **BS**

>

> 1. On staff (in the same attunement no less) you have [burning Retreat](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burning_Retreat "Burning Retreat")

> 2. Every Elementalist build worth anything basically takes [Lightning Flash](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Flash "Lightning Flash")

> 3. Then there is [Mist Form](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form "Mist Form") which was just buffed since invulnerability.

> 4. Even the downed Elementalists, have [Vapor Form](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Form "Vapor Form") which not-so-surprisingly works well since pirate ship fights non-stop because of the ranged AoE

>

> Glyph of Elemental Power is obviously used with Meteor Shower so ...

>

> Not even talking about the auto defensive traits, or general dodges with near perma-vigor, or etc. or the crazy goodness of auras or CFG for just general getting away. Ele is weak in defense even with glass gear, lol.

>

> The real problem is that it isn't just a single AoE meteor shower, it's the culmination of stacking 5-6 massive AoEs in a general zerg battle. The zerg with the most eles (like firebrands/scourges prior) is currently the one that wins. WvW just is not as fun/has no skillz so I am hanging up the zerg v zerg play until fixed. My other option is to join in and abuse.

>

You're correct in your analysis of weaver defensives.

You're talking BS when saying the AoE's are heavily stacked in zerg battles. They rarely are. You're wrong in saying the zerg with the most eles wins; i've seen a LOT of fights this weekend where the side with least eles wins. The majority of enemy eles we've seen have been exceptionally bad and likely playing the class in full zerk PvE builds. If you're losing to these players simply because you can't counter it; then that's an issue in not adapting appropriately.

If you're clear better players; spec and counter what is OP. Sure you'll need some eles; but if they're stacking eles 2-3 eles is enough to kill all theirs as long as you can get a bomb off. There are plenty of other classes very much equiped to kill (bad) eles with ease.

Every time WvW players don't know how to win; they blame some circumstance. "Most eles wins! Most scourges wins! More players win! FB + scourge only! GvG players only! QQ". No skill many QQ. It's all endless tears.

I agree meteo is broken, and unfun. Yet even now, good weavers are worth far far more than bad ones. Like... I'd trade 5 random pugs for 1 kintosz. And stacking more weavers don't make you win - playing the "bugged" meta better makes you win. And that requires what... 5-10 weavers max? Sure; 20 weavers will destroy you if you charge into them. But poke them down slowly and suddenly none of these weavers know how to position, sustain or deal with counterpressure.

At serveral times this week i've seen 5 range players beat 20 range players; because the majority of those 20 range were eles who did not know how to pressure enemy range and were just looking to cast meteors on a blob. Unfortunately; they got punished for it and died repeatedly.

Rangers are finally "useful" and yet most ranger mains still haven't figured out their role yet. Funny how that goes.

> @"Artaz.3819" said:

> > > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> >

> > Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

> >

> > First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> > THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> > **PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die**

> >

> > In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

>

> **BS**

>

> 1. On staff (in the same attunement no less) you have [burning Retreat](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burning_Retreat "Burning Retreat")

> 2. Every Elementalist build worth anything basically takes [Lightning Flash](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Flash "Lightning Flash")

> 3. Then there is [Mist Form](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form "Mist Form") which was just buffed since invulnerability.

> 4. Even the downed Elementalists, have [Vapor Form](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Form "Vapor Form") which not-so-surprisingly works well since pirate ship fights non-stop because of the ranged AoE

>

> Glyph of Elemental Power is obviously used with Meteor Shower so ...

>

> Not even talking about the auto defensive traits, or general dodges with near perma-vigor, or etc. or the crazy goodness of auras or CFG for just general getting away. Ele is weak in defense even with glass gear, lol.

>

> The real problem is that it isn't just a single AoE meteor shower, it's the culmination of stacking 5-6 massive AoEs in a general zerg battle. The zerg with the most eles (like firebrands/scourges prior) is currently the one that wins. WvW just is not as fun/has no skillz so I am hanging up the zerg v zerg play until fixed. My other option is to join in and abuse.

>

When you're chased by a ranger - mesmer - thief - warrior is far from being enough defense tho

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> necros say hello to eles, and dream of the day where we get invulns and blocks.

You have them, it's called a pocket FB. :)

But really, are you expecting empathy or something for a profession whose elite spec single-handedly defined the meta for so long? I doubt you'll find many takers...

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> There's this neat thing called... "dodge" in GW2. Yes it hits like a truck, but if you get hit once, get out of the circle lol. If your out of dodges you can try using a movement skill (multiple classes have them).

a group of zerg with 8 meteor all around u, wtf can u with 2 dodges? dmg was 5k ~19k crits, u die in 1 or 2 hits.

also meteor can hit over walls and gate, u die cos anet dont know how to fix LOS with spell/aoe/pets.

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

>

> Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

>

> First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die

>

> In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

Wow, really, if I step outside of the AoE I dont get damage?! Thats new...okay, forget what a I say, Eles are totally fine doing 20K+ damage(thats only the first hit, remenber that) on a 1200 range AoE skill...can mine DH do the same damage with Longbow 5, or how about ranger?

Sorry, its a long range AoE skill, it shoud never ever get any close to do the same damage of a single target skill, but that would mean the game would be actually balanced, and we know GW2 players dont want that.

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

>

I'ma stop u right there and true shot. ...

NVM non-crit for 900 go on about how rough casting meteor shower is

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> >

>

> .

>

> I'ma stop u right there and true shot. ...

> NVM non-crit for 900 go on about how rough casting meteor shower is

First : I agreed (if you were able to read an entire message) that MS was bugged and deals to high dmg. BUT it shouldn't be hard nerfed after the fix.

Then ; You're picking the class that has way better defensive options than ele and those defensive options are easier to get quickly (without impacting that much his burst) True shot used to deal a lot of dmg (8k +) on a 4 sec cd. This + traps + all the defensive made DH pretty dang stupid in early HOT. SO you basically asking the staff to be as bas as the longbow on DH . Nice behavior there.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

> >

> > But maybe it's something they should push out in a micropatch? Imagine if they released a patch reworking mesmer auto attack on GS, then accidentally made a rounding error to where it now dealt 100k damage per tick in pvp/wvw.

> >

> > "lol oops, a 1200 range auto attack is one-shotting people, lets wait a week to fix it."

> >

> > The meteor shower thing is harmful to the game as my ridiculous example in much the same way, just in not as large of a magnitude. It should honestly have been more of a priority.

>

> Entirely different cases. Meteor Shower still has a rather long cooldown and a tell, it CAN be avoided and the damage is definitely NOT 2x, it's more like 40% more than it should be. It's annoying, sure. But it's not worth risking the game's stability over it, which smaller patches can cause. Not saying that it's a great excuse, just that it's not the most pressing issue

I don’t even think it’s 40% too high, maybe 20%. Just punishes poor position. I raided wvw tonight for 8 hours, got caught twice. Both times stuck in a gravity well and dropped by shades and Meteors. But all night you could feel the ranged pressure from the eles certainly. The people complaining the most were dying left and right to extremely poor position and as always “where’s the stab?!!” As if stability will save them from standing in aoes.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> >

> >

> > PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die

> >

>

> Wow, really, if I step outside of the AoE I dont get damage?! Thats new...okay, forget what a I say, Eles are totally fine doing 20K+ damage(thats only the first hit, remenber that) on a 1200 range AoE skill...can mine DH do the same damage with Longbow 5, or how about ranger?

> Sorry, its a long range AoE skill, it shoud never ever get any close to do the same damage of a single target skill, but that would mean the game would be actually balanced, and we know GW2 players dont want that.

Comparing a staff ele to a lb dh and lb ranger like....really?...yes you're right GW2 players don't want balance and you're clearly one of them, you can't switch weapons on a staff ele..so what do you in 1v1? A ranger can swap to melee set, ranger has pet, better utility than a staff ele and same argument goes for DH who can also swap to melee combat.

Furthermore you conveniently ignore all the sustain the ele gives up for the dmg...yeah GW2 players don't want balance...at least not for their own profession of which they recognize usually only the weaknesses but none of the strengths...yah right

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Staff ele can't 1v1 so quarter million damage in one attack is balanced.

> Seems legit

We never say the MS as it is now is leggit ... but ppl are calling for nerf where all the design of the weapon is about that . You want all professions to have a new "garbage" weapon as yours on DH? great. But ele already has those ... Dagger mainhand.

Its a Meteor Shower, you know giant flaming balls of rock falling from the sky, maybe the damage is legit, ( maybe they should move if off staff and into an elite slot ) however it has a 3 and 3/4 second cast time, so if you are letting that ele free cast on you, and you decide to stand in it, then die instantly in your full glass cannon armor maybe its a LTP issue.

Its clearly a bug, anet have said so already, so its going to be nerfed to dirt again shortly. Maybe it needs the EPI nerf and take its damage down by 50%

Me yesterday to a friendly ele: "Hey could you target that ballista back over there and press 5 pls?" ... 5 seconds later: ballista gone (including the guy that was using it)...

I could get used to this. But seriously, you know damage numbers are a bit off, when you can destroy siege with one button press.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Me yesterday to a friendly ele: "Hey could you target that ballista back over there and press 5 pls?" ... 5 seconds later: ballista gone (including the guy that was using it)...

>

> I could get used to this. But seriously, you know damage numbers are a bit off, when you can destroy siege with one button press.

I get the feeling alot of these people complaining about this being an earthshattering bug (its a bug, but not earthshattering imho) are coming from servers that rely heavily on siege to succeed.

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> > >

> > > Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

> >

> > .

> >

> > I'ma stop u right there and true shot. ...

> > NVM non-crit for 900 go on about how rough casting meteor shower is

>

> First : I agreed (if you were able to read an entire message) that MS was bugged and deals to high dmg. BUT it shouldn't be hard nerfed after the fix.

>

> Then ; You're picking the class that has way better defensive options than ele and those defensive options are easier to get quickly (without impacting that much his burst) True shot used to deal a lot of dmg (8k +) on a 4 sec cd. This + traps + all the defensive made DH pretty dang stupid in early HOT. SO you basically asking the staff to be as bas as the longbow on DH . Nice behavior there.

Skil is bugged IMO cause u will take damage before red cicle or any animation apears, it is like Anet made skill a direct hit to players then the animation and MS warnign will popup ... lol(as in the process of skill apening is working from last to start).

That is the major issue of the MS bug, but this game netcode is the culprit for that.... most stuff will get invisible when theres lot of action, even invisible ranger skills, invisible rev skills, one must see the combat log with lots of atention rather the visual of the game, besides helth bad.

Theres several bugs/issues going on, not only MS ignoring armor wich IMO was intentional from Anet to see what desirable value will player accept it.

Sidenote:When u have dwarf armor and u still get 20k+ on the first and only hit where skill should reduce damage to half xD, and damage comes out of nowhere direct to the health...

**I think players that get hit on the first MS should get its chance increased to get hit again, MS should be a bit buffed but acording to how many meteors would hit the player.,. not has in direct magic hit w/o animation warning.**

Sadly anything this guys can do is power-creep skills to help newbs, rather than punish players that dont evede :bleep_bloop: