> @"Arbalest.4506" said:

> > @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > > @"Hyraltia.4185" said:

> > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > the pvp in getting more and more brainless one shot festa

> > > > > less fun and no chance to fight back at all

> > > >

> > > > I mean LITERALLY THE POST RIGHT BEFORE YOURS he explained multiple ways to avoid it, I don't know how you can not see that

> > >

> > > I feel like you're missing his entire point or the point everyone is making against 1 shot clown kitten, so I'll throw a brief explanation in.

> > >

> > > When a game has one shot builds it leads to 2 types of players, those that abuse the cheese and those that despise it because it is just that, cheese. It's extremely bad for the health of a pvp game to have the "counterplay" to being one shot to randomly predict when a stealth person is gonna jump on you and blow you up, this is the same reason people wanted mirage nerfed, because no one has fun plying rng simulator with their life.

> >

> > It actually leads to 3 types of player: those who know to counter it, those who learn how to play against it, and those who cry about it, the later one probably overlaps with your "those that despise it" category. One shot builds are not the problem in this game. The real problem are builds that can constantly one shot you once every 10 seconds or less, who also have strog defense mecanics and can't be one shoted back by another glass canon. Cause lets face it, glass canons should be the only clases that should be able to 1shot. Oh and the 10 seconds interval i mentoned is the time one needs to recover energy for a dodge, it makes the 1shot dodgeable unless you waste evades. And yeah there are proffesions with builds that can 1shot you in a time frame less than 10 seconds while having enough defense mecanics to go toe to toe with sustained builds. I guess those are the real offenders in the game right now.

>

> And how exactly you can counterplay a SINGLE instakill attack that came from stealth? Because that is the problem in the game right now.

>

> It may be okay for glass canon to do 1-shot against another glass canon. But the ele in video is not really a glass canon. He invest some of offensive stats to VITALITY, yet the thief can still instakill him FROM STEALTH.

>

> And killing player in a frame of 10 secs is not 1-shot. A lot of things can happen in that scenario. Every profession can do that.

Every profession can also 1shot if they build for it and are given the right circumstances (target is thief or ele). There isn't a single class in the game that isn't able to do it.

The important thing is that there should be counterplay and the build(s) in question (arguably but in my opinion) should not be top-tier builds. In the case of thief, every single one-shot build meets both of those conditions, so I don't see a problem with the build specifically.

Now, if you're unable to see the tells in some instances due to smoke being hidden behind walls or latency or other such shenanigens, then those issues SHOULD be addressed. But definitely DON'T pin this as a "thief vault/dj is OP" problem, because that's not what this is. There were tells given in multiple different forms and it should fall to the player to react to them (and in one specific case apparently, to the game to display them correctly).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kawloon Fuathach.3807" said:

> You can actually pre-cast Vault with any teleportation skill. The window of opportunity is very small however, sitting at roughly the 65% Cast Bar mark, and the higher your latency is, the lower the chance of its' success. Anything above 100 ping, and you'll end up vaulting in place more than vault-stepping to your target.

>

> I use both Assassin's Signet and Signet of Shadows, typically popping Assassins Signet initially before I engage, and then Signet of Shadows right before my burst hits.

Thanks! Yeah, both of those signets must pack a punch! That's what... about a 25% or so damage boost without the Might/Vulnerability from the trap?

> @"Arbalest.4506" said:

> I don't know how you can teleport to ranger's/guardian's trap. But at least trapper guardian/ranger are mostly visible and doesn't have access to 1-shot build.

What I mean is that Shadow Pursuit is often a blind because you often don't have sight of the target. Many Rangers/Guardians will drop a trap on a point as soon as they get there, and just stand on top of it while (de)capping. The instant you port back, you activate the trap. For glass Thieves, that's usually enough to either kill you directly or to maim and "reveal" your presence so the target easily finishes you off.

> I don't know what you mean by double edge sword? it's free kill from stealth. And last time i check, vault can hit 5 targets in 180 radius.

Double edge sword as in it can be as lethal to the Thief as it is the target. In order to do enough damage to kill an opponent quickly, the Thief must make itself fragile enough to be killed quickly. If one thing doesn't go the Thief's way, he is in a lot of trouble. The nature of a glass cannon.

> While I agree that ranger needs nerf too your statement is totally wrong.

> Ranger needs preparation to do that kind of damage. They have to activate Sic'em and Strength of the pack. Also stealth is count as preparation too.

Yes, the Ranger needs to prepare itself in order to hit hard. That's why I specified target/field preparation. The Ranger can come out of left field to hit an unsuspecting target. In this case, the Thief had to prepare the field before the engagement even began. The trap had to be laid beforehand or the attack would have never been possible. That made it an premeditated ambush. To a lesser extent, the Thief also prepared the target with another skill (Signet of Shadows) to apply more Vulnerability before making the actual strike.

While, for some technical reason, the signs of an incoming attack did not appear quickly enough for the target to react, there are visible tells present (at least to the server) before a Thief can make such a heavy attack. Should the tells display sooner? Yes... I don't know why they don't. But they are there... and they SHOULD be showing.

That's why I say the Thief's attack is different than the Ranger's. The Ranger's is an offensive assault with no tell. The Thief's is a "defensive" ambush with tells. And by "defensive," I mean it requires giving up ground in order to gain an opportunity for attack.

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> The important thing is that there should be counterplay and the build(s) in question (arguably but in my opinion) should not be top-tier builds. In the case of thief, every single one-shot build meets both of those conditions, so I don't see a problem with the build specifically.

So what is the counterplay for pre-cast instakill attack + stealth + teleport ?

If you want to talk about trap as counterplay. Vault like most of thief attacks can be pre casted and hit the trapper before trap is triggered. You will need a very dumb thief to get killed by traps after the trapper is down.

If you think block / dodge /immunity should do. We have very limited of those and no one can pop defense without any awareness of from where and when the thief will attack. Remember stealth + teleport.

Maybe only bunker can survive the initial attack and pop their defensive cooldown. But by that time the game should be called 1-shot vs bunker instead of pvp.

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> Now, if you're unable to see the tells in some instances due to smoke being hidden behind walls or latency or other such shenanigens, then those issues SHOULD be addressed. But definitely DON'T pin this as a "thief vault/dj is OP" problem, because that's not what this is. There were tells given in multiple different forms and it should fall to the player to react to them (and in one specific case apparently, to the game to display them correctly).

That may be true, but thief can decide not to attack until its target uses all of defensive cooldown. After all, the vulnerability + might from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deadly_Trapper last for 10 secs.

Also as stated by Kawloon you can precast vault + steal (or other teleport stuff really) and no one will now they'll die 0.5 sec later.

> @"Kageseigi.2150" said:

> > @"Kawloon Fuathach.3807" said:

> > You can actually pre-cast Vault with any teleportation skill. The window of opportunity is very small however, sitting at roughly the 65% Cast Bar mark, and the higher your latency is, the lower the chance of its' success. Anything above 100 ping, and you'll end up vaulting in place more than vault-stepping to your target.

> >

> > I use both Assassin's Signet and Signet of Shadows, typically popping Assassins Signet initially before I engage, and then Signet of Shadows right before my burst hits.

>

> Thanks! Yeah, both of those signets must pack a punch! That's what... about a 25% or so damage boost without the Might/Vulnerability from the trap?

Yeah thanks Kawloon glad to know vault can also 1-shot people without smoke detector.

>

> What I mean is that Shadow Pursuit is often a blind because you often don't have sight of the target. Many Rangers/Guardians will drop a trap on a point as soon as they get there, and just stand on top of it while (de)capping. The instant you port back, you activate the trap. For glass Thieves, that's usually enough to either kill you directly or to maim and "reveal" your presence so the target easily finishes you off.

Its even more impressive (and broken) that thief can 1-shot people blindly.

With precast vault + teleport + stealth? And that insane damage? I doubt any trapper could fight back even with all their trap activated.

> Double edge sword as in it can be as lethal to the Thief as it is the target. In order to do enough damage to kill an opponent quickly, the Thief must make itself fragile enough to be killed quickly. If one thing doesn't go the Thief's way, he is in a lot of trouble. The nature of a glass cannon.

Yes so does any other classes. I don't know why thief still whine about this with their mobility + stealth.

> Yes, the Ranger needs to prepare itself in order to hit hard. That's why I specified target/field preparation. The Ranger can come out of left field to hit an unsuspecting target. In this case, the Thief had to prepare the field before the engagement even began. The trap had to be laid beforehand or the attack would have never been possible. That made it an premeditated ambush. To a lesser extent, the Thief also prepared the target with another skill (Signet of Shadows) to apply more Vulnerability before making the actual strike.

>

> While, for some technical reason, the signs of an incoming attack did not appear quickly enough for the target to react, there are visible tells present (at least to the server) before a Thief can make such a heavy attack. Should the tells display sooner? Yes... I don't know why they don't. But they are there... and they SHOULD be showing.

>

> That's why I say the Thief's attack is different than the Ranger's. The Ranger's is an offensive assault with no tell. The Thief's is a "defensive" ambush with tells. And by "defensive," I mean it requires giving up ground in order to gain an opportunity for attack.

Now you know 1-shot vault can be used with any teleport skills without field preparation (just like ranger).

Now go! 1-shot people and let anet know how broken this skill is.

You guys like to feel good with your psuedo bunker, tinking you're a god when you 3-1, maybe you don't make the kills but they can't kill you or take the point. That's healthy, but when an evil, cackling thief comes along and ends your parade witha boom (1 shooooooooooot), it ain't so fun anymore.

Well, as long as you can run around and tank a 3 v 1, there will be a troll out there that can catch you butt off guard and end it in an instant.

as thief damage goes down, so do auto life saving procs and protection and regen and adrenaline health.

Because regardless of what you "feels"...

Thieves are supposed to be deadly in 1 v 1...it is the only class upon creation that says so. Things changed? They didn't update the description and people still complain about thieves...so no...you are wrong. Nothing has changed.

That's why the devs nerf true meme builds that prolong their life and fights too long, and why there are still one shots around.

Also this is not something any thief can do. It's not common...it takes time and skill, that most thieves don't have. Your butt got owned, remember the name cause it may save your life considering how rare this sheet is.

> @"Arbalest.4506" said:

> > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > The important thing is that there should be counterplay and the build(s) in question (arguably but in my opinion) should not be top-tier builds. In the case of thief, every single one-shot build meets both of those conditions, so I don't see a problem with the build specifically.

> So what is the counterplay for pre-cast instakill attack + stealth + teleport ?

>

> If you want to talk about trap as counterplay. Vault like most of thief attacks can be pre casted and hit the trapper before trap is triggered. You will need a very dumb thief to get killed by traps after the trapper is down.

>

> If you think block / dodge /immunity should do. We have very limited of those and no one can pop defense without any awareness of from where and when the thief will attack. Remember stealth + teleport.

>

> Maybe only bunker can survive the initial attack and pop their defensive cooldown. But by that time the game should be called 1-shot vs bunker instead of pvp.

>

> > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > Now, if you're unable to see the tells in some instances due to smoke being hidden behind walls or latency or other such shenanigens, then those issues SHOULD be addressed. But definitely DON'T pin this as a "thief vault/dj is OP" problem, because that's not what this is. There were tells given in multiple different forms and it should fall to the player to react to them (and in one specific case apparently, to the game to display them correctly).

>

> That may be true, but thief can decide not to attack until its target uses all of defensive cooldown. After all, the vulnerability + might from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deadly_Trapper last for 10 secs.

> Also as stated by Kawloon you can precast vault + steal (or other teleport stuff really) and no one will now they'll die 0.5 sec later.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. The trap in question has to trigger before the thief can port, that's the tell. You said yourself that the timing is 10 seconds - so that's how long the thief has to respond to the trigger. The "trapee" should start rotating his defensive abilities when the tell goes off.

Remember this is a 1shot build you're talking about, this isn't a marauder geared thief with tons of cds - he has 11k hp, most likely no escapes on bar and is built only to 1shot his opponent. All you have to do is avoid that first hit and you basically won the fight. It would be very difficult to lose to a thief who has blown all his shit on a 1shot maneuver and failed to connect it. I find it interesting that the clip doesn't show the before or after, because the thief in the video was clearly afk until you triggered the trap and then probably died to your teammates after he downed you.

The one thing I might agree on is the "tell" not accurately predicting the attack since it has a 10s window. But there are a few things about this.

First, the thief should be out doing other things - not placing the trap and then sitting afk until someone triggers it. This means he won't have full INI or utilities. If he is sitting there, that's a boon for your team and you can adjust accordingly. But he should be in combat already which means he won't be coming into the fight fully prepared. Second, if you know the guy is trapping the nodes, you can simply avoid the trap by dodging into the node. Third, this trap isn't substantially different from any other stealth or teleport tactics, which are used by tons of builds in this game, not just thief.

TLDR is, there's a reason why nobody uses this trap and why people are so confused about the visuals, the reason is that the ability is junk. Also, I have no idea how he got vault to do 19k, I've never seen that before in my life. Looks like raid buffed thief tbh.

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > @"Arbalest.4506" said:

> > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > The important thing is that there should be counterplay and the build(s) in question (arguably but in my opinion) should not be top-tier builds. In the case of thief, every single one-shot build meets both of those conditions, so I don't see a problem with the build specifically.

> > So what is the counterplay for pre-cast instakill attack + stealth + teleport ?

> >

> > If you want to talk about trap as counterplay. Vault like most of thief attacks can be pre casted and hit the trapper before trap is triggered. You will need a very dumb thief to get killed by traps after the trapper is down.

> >

> > If you think block / dodge /immunity should do. We have very limited of those and no one can pop defense without any awareness of from where and when the thief will attack. Remember stealth + teleport.

> >

> > Maybe only bunker can survive the initial attack and pop their defensive cooldown. But by that time the game should be called 1-shot vs bunker instead of pvp.

> >

> > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > Now, if you're unable to see the tells in some instances due to smoke being hidden behind walls or latency or other such shenanigens, then those issues SHOULD be addressed. But definitely DON'T pin this as a "thief vault/dj is OP" problem, because that's not what this is. There were tells given in multiple different forms and it should fall to the player to react to them (and in one specific case apparently, to the game to display them correctly).

> >

> > That may be true, but thief can decide not to attack until its target uses all of defensive cooldown. After all, the vulnerability + might from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deadly_Trapper last for 10 secs.

> > Also as stated by Kawloon you can precast vault + steal (or other teleport stuff really) and no one will now they'll die 0.5 sec later.

>

> I'm not sure what you're saying here. The trap in question has to trigger before the thief can port, that's the tell. You said yourself that the timing is 10 seconds - so that's how long the thief has to respond to the trigger. The "trapee" should start rotating his defensive abilities when the tell goes off.

>

> Remember this is a 1shot build you're talking about, this isn't a marauder geared thief with tons of cds - he has 11k hp, most likely no escapes on bar and is built only to 1shot his opponent. All you have to do is avoid that first hit and you basically won the fight. It would be very difficult to lose to a thief who has blown all his kitten on a 1shot maneuver and failed to connect it. I find it interesting that the clip doesn't show the before or after, because the thief in the video was clearly afk until you triggered the trap and then probably died to your teammates after he downed you.

>

> The one thing I might agree on is the "tell" not accurately predicting the attack since it has a 10s window. But there are a few things about this.

> First, the thief should be out doing other things - not placing the trap and then sitting afk until someone triggers it. This means he won't have full INI or utilities. If he is sitting there, that's a boon for your team and you can adjust accordingly. But he should be in combat already which means he won't be coming into the fight fully prepared. Second, if you know the guy is trapping the nodes, you can simply avoid the trap by dodging into the node. Third, this trap isn't substantially different from any other stealth or teleport tactics, which are used by tons of builds in this game, not just thief.

>

> TLDR is, there's a reason why nobody uses this trap and why people are so confused about the visuals, the reason is that the ability is junk. Also, I have no idea how he got vault to do 19k, I've never seen that before in my life. Looks like raid buffed thief tbh.

he posted his build on this thread

I'd just like to point out again, that I've been essentially been using this build, and variants, since the drop of HoT. So vaguely two years now? It's taken folks two years to finally complain fully about it, when the damage has always been that high. The only buff it's really gotten over these past two years, is the change made to Assassin's Signet and Signet of Shadows, both the Active Effect changes, and the cooldown reduction. That's it. The damage was actually slightly nerfed back when they changed out all the sPvP sigils.

Here are both build variants I primarily use, with their glaring flaws, but that's half the fun.

Valks Variant :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCbLPNcCBaBgnwsZuCuBHhA-jJhIQBC8UAYkyA6Y/BA8EAAA

Zerker Variant :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCTLA8EmNb5phzeauCuBHhA-jJhIQBC8UAAgnAwRKDoj9HAA

Not a huge difference between the two outside of one trait and the amulet.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > Its actually a good video and question for anet ... WHY THE F00K attacks from stealth doesnt reveal asap and they have for some reason solid second or even sometimes few being completely invisible and untargetable

> >

> > Its a good question that was answered a few times, before you asked.

>

> It wasnt ? Or you mean 'desync' ,lol what a good explanation . So ppl with this magical desync always have alot of time to nearly kill you from stealth before you can actually see them ,clearly intended

You didn't read the full thread.

You went back and got your answer and didn't like it.

No explanation, no matter how detailed would satisfy you.

Really, you just want to complain.

That's ok, I guess.

But you have nothing to complain about. This didn't happen to you.

Oh you want to cry about stealth? Welcome to any mmo ever.

> @"Kawloon Fuathach.3807" said:

> I'd just like to point out again, that I've been essentially been using this build, and variants, since the drop of HoT. So vaguely two years now? It's taken folks two years to finally complain fully about it, when the damage has always been that high. The only buff it's really gotten over these past two years, is the change made to Assassin's Signet and Signet of Shadows, both the Active Effect changes, and the cooldown reduction. That's it. The damage was actually slightly nerfed back when they changed out all the sPvP sigils.

>

> Here are both build variants I primarily use, with their glaring flaws, but that's half the fun.

> Valks Variant :

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCbLPNcCBaBgnwsZuCuBHhA-jJhIQBC8UAYkyA6Y/BA8EAAA

>

> Zerker Variant :

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCTLA8EmNb5phzeauCuBHhA-jJhIQBC8UAAgnAwRKDoj9HAA

>

> Not a huge difference between the two outside of one trait and the amulet.

Interesting I've been using that same zerker build for years as well but used s/p + staff* with inteligence and force sigils. Normally it works well in the beginning but it becomes hard to pull off when the team caught on to the setup.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

What answer ?

> A lot of it stems from the fact that some skills apply their effects immediately and some wait until the end of the cast time.

This nonsense? He took 4900 damage w/o being revealed after vault .

you are right, i want to complaint about this bs because its dumb? (and im talking about them not being revealed on screen and being untargetable)

I wont be satisfied as long this happen.

>But you have nothing to complain about. This didn't happen to you.

You dont read what I wrote obsly .Vault oneshot its not something that bother me but stealth issue

> @"cyberzombie.7348" said:

> > I'd just like to point out again, that I've been essentially been using this build, and variants, since the drop of HoT. So vaguely two years now? It's taken folks two years to finally complain fully about it, when the damage has always been that high. The only buff it's really gotten over these past two years, is the change made to Assassin's Signet and Signet of Shadows, both the Active Effect changes, and the cooldown reduction. That's it. The damage was actually slightly nerfed back when they changed out all the sPvP sigils.

> >

> > Here are both build variants I primarily use, with their glaring flaws, but that's half the fun.

> > Valks Variant :

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCbLPNcCBaBgnwsZuCuBHhA-jJhIQBC8UAYkyA6Y/BA8EAAA

> >

> > Zerker Variant :

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCTLA8EmNb5phzeauCuBHhA-jJhIQBC8UAAgnAwRKDoj9HAA

> >

> > Not a huge difference between the two outside of one trait and the amulet.

>

> Interesting I've been using that same zerker build for years as well but used s/p + staff* with inteligence and force sigils. Normally it works well in the beginning but it becomes hard to pull off when the team caught on to the setup.

Hello fellow Glass Staff!

And yeah, it becomes harder as the match progresses and the enemy catches on, but that's part of the fun. When they know what's coming, but don't know when, then you get to mess with them~

> @"Arbalest.4506" said:

> Its even more impressive (and broken) that thief can 1-shot people blindly.

> With precast vault + teleport + stealth? And that insane damage? I doubt any trapper could fight back even with all their trap activated.

Vault is perhaps the only one-hit skill that can do this into traps because of the evade. My Backstab build got wiped out instantly after teleporting into a trap.

> Yes so does any other classes. I don't know why thief still whine about this with their mobility + stealth.

Yes, any profession can build as a glass cannon. The Thief, however, cannot effectively build as anything else in PvP save for condi evasion. The Thief has always been about killing the opponent faster than the opponent can react because it's too squishy to fight any other way if it's an effective power build. Mobility and Stealth do not help killing an enemy in a prolonged fight. They only help setting up a quick kill or allowing an escape. They aren't like blocks or AoE or invulnerabilities. Stealth is just as much as a liability in sPvP as it is an asset. One of the first things you learn as a Thief is to not 1v1.

> Now you know 1-shot vault can be used with any teleport skills without field preparation (just like ranger).

> Now go! 1-shot people and let anet know how broken this skill is.

I'm not sure how hard such an attack would be without Shadow Trap/Deadly Trapper. That's 15 Might and 5 Vulnerability gone. Not to mention no Stealth which makes it much easier to defend against.

> > Its even more impressive (and broken) that thief can 1-shot people blindly.

> > With precast vault + teleport + stealth? And that insane damage? I doubt any trapper could fight back even with all their trap activated.

>

> Vault is perhaps the only one-hit skill that can do this into traps because of the evade. My Backstab build got wiped out instantly after teleporting into a trap.

>

Actually you give up the evade portion of the skill in trade for the teleport, since the window of teleportation is just after the evade ends. I get blown up a lot blindly teleporting in with all bloodlust and no plan.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > The fact that this ele is not pure glass build but still get downed in less than 2 secs is solid proof that thief need nerf so bad.

>

> less then 2 seconds? Try more like .25 second the cast time for vault since his 1st vault did more damage then i have hp

Please do some research before posting else you lose more credibility. The cast time is actually .75s per vault.

> > I get blown up a lot blindly teleporting in with all bloodlust and no plan.

>

> Vintage Thief, baby! :-D

If my computer could handle recording and playing at the same time, I'd probably do a montage video. Of me getting blown up trying to one shot. Into a Dragon's Maw nest. Into a Condi-Ranger Trap nest. Into a heap of Marks. Into a Bulls Rush -> 100 Blades combo (It's happened!) Right into a Holo burst, etc. etc. For all the success I might have now in terms of ambushing, and one shotting people, I have probably died 1000 times more, just getting to that point. Like riding a bicycle, if there was a 95% chance the bicycle would blow up every time you sat down on it.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> Ah good ol' Wil. Good luck finding any other thieves skilled enough to consistently land that kind of hit with a staff.

Perfect invisibility 1HKO with melee hitboxes the size of 3 player hitboxes. Truly GW2 is innovative if this kind of gameplay is regarded as "high skill."

> @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > Ah good ol' Wil. Good luck finding any other thieves skilled enough to consistently land that kind of hit with a staff.

>

> Perfect invisibility 1HKO with melee hitboxes the size of 3 player hitboxes. Truly GW2 is innovative if this kind of gameplay is regarded as "high skill."

What is "high" skill in this game?

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > Ah good ol' Wil. Good luck finding any other thieves skilled enough to consistently land that kind of hit with a staff.

> >

> > Perfect invisibility 1HKO with melee hitboxes the size of 3 player hitboxes. Truly GW2 is innovative if this kind of gameplay is regarded as "high skill."

>

> What is "high" skill in this game?

Any class that the person making complaints is playing...

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > Ah good ol' Wil. Good luck finding any other thieves skilled enough to consistently land that kind of hit with a staff.

> >

> > Perfect invisibility 1HKO with melee hitboxes the size of 3 player hitboxes. Truly GW2 is innovative if this kind of gameplay is regarded as "high skill."

>

> What is "high" skill in this game?

Well back in the day it was counting dodges, timing cds,* and knowing both strengths and weaknesses of an opponents mechanics to work around it to your advantage.