Express your opinion about changing the commander?

I think I'm one of the players that's about four years old. Commander tags are very repetitive and unnecessary, and anyone who gets some gold can reach this level, I think it's time to get a higher level for the commander in the game. For example, the difficult steps with which the commanders put themselves to levels such as the Golden Commandor or the Dragon Commander, in order to identify professional commanders with the newcomers, and with this new style of emergence of top rankings.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but that sounds like complete nonsense to me. Even with higher levels, those incompetent in your eyes will still reach those levels eventually and thus uphold the status quo.

And in all honesty, I have rarely come across "incompetent" commanders. More often, one comes across incompetent players joining the squad or, even worse, refusing to join the squad, acting up all "rebellious", disrespectful and/or downright insulting when asked friendly to join (see Dragon's Stand) or don't take advice when their inefficient damage output is being addressed (see Crown Pavilion).

Do not think buying a commander with some little children's gold for players who really deserve higher grades.

A commanding officer is not a nickname. It's a skill that would not be better when it comes to buying a game for kids. A commander among 100 commanders will have a higher status than experience?

As soon as there is a system that values some tags over others, there will be farms for it and ppl will have the new tag without having played the game as it intends. Every system that can be abused, will be abused. If you go for upvotes, ppl will just let their friendslist upvote their tag and different ppl like different things in a com, if you go for login time, you will have ppl afk'ing with the tag, if you go for events, you will have ppl afk'ing at those events.

I add good commanders to my FL and give them a name that reminds me of them, so if I see a comm I know is leading somewhere I can join in.

Not many players /buy/ commander tags to just have them. I have one, i rarely use it, not because i dont know how to lead, or dont know the events, but i hate doing it. I see no reason *why* there needs to be a "Grind" to improve your tag, The only time a commander tag really matters is...DS, thats about it. You dont need tags at tequatl these days, you dont need tags at the silverwastes hmmm..i might be forgetting some metas, oh right the PoF ones that rarely get done you *need* a tag for those to get the people required to do them.

WvW you dont need a tag at all unless you wanna zerg, and theres no point to having "ranks" for those either. So i disagree fully.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> As soon as there is a system that values some tags over others, there will be farms for it and ppl will have the new tag without having played the game as it intends. Every system that can be abused, will be abused. If you go for upvotes, ppl will just let their friendslist upvote their tag and different ppl like different things in a com, if you go for login time, you will have ppl afk'ing with the tag, if you go for events, you will have ppl afk'ing at those events.

>

> I add good commanders to my FL and give them a name that reminds me of them, so if I see a comm I know is leading somewhere I can join in.

If you have over 50 names for the best commander in your list, you'd better be able to see them on the map and easily choose between them the best?

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Not many players /buy/ commander tags to just have them. I have one, i rarely use it, not because i dont know how to lead, or dont know the events, but i hate doing it. I see no reason *why* there needs to be a "Grind" to improve your tag, The only time a commander tag really matters is...DS, thats about it. You dont need tags at tequatl these days, you dont need tags at the silverwastes hmmm..i might be forgetting some metas, oh right the PoF ones that rarely get done you *need* a tag for those to get the people required to do them.

>

> WvW you dont need a tag at all unless you wanna zerg, and theres no point to having "ranks" for those either. So i disagree fully.

If the player really is a player, in less than a week he will have the amount required to buy the commander, and easily reaches this level, and by turning on this tag and not having the trust experience, other players will drop this tag as a result There is no proper teamwork and a lot of time to lose.

One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

I rarely tag up, especially when people are just doing it to be annoying. I've used mine 'occasionally' to kinda pseudo-commander just because there is no one else, and we needed something on the screen for everyone to know where something was happening.

If I lost my tag, I wouldn't be terribly unhappy if I got all my money back.

Maybe they could implement some sort of system where [and some of these are probably really bad, but just some ideas to get the wheels turning for better ideas]:

1. You can't tag, either commander or mentor, if you are in a raid and there is another commander tagged.

2. If you tag up, you are automatically tagged down in 5 minutes if you don't have a raid of at least 5 people.

3. Only 5 mentors can be tagged up in an instance at one time, first come, first serve.

Some way to help remove the clutter.

As Ashantara points out. This system would pretty much defeat itself in the end. On your other point though Ashantara, while i can only speak for myself and some i play with often. We generally don't join squads due to being a group within ourselves however we do know what we're doing so it's a non-issue in our case. Others may differ. As someone who tags up often i do feel you though, you just have to keep on going, once past the general requests/comments in metas like DS anyways.

Some instances i take as a challenge. Perspective keeps things positive & light.

> @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

>

> We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

> Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

You’re missing my point. I’m saying that since the Mentor tag is earned by playing the game well enough to earn the tag and a Commander tag is earned by paying gold then according to your suggestion, the Mentor tag should automatically be more respected. Since it isn’t that shows that knowing how to play the game isn’t what earns respect and adding a higher level of hard content to the Commander tag won’t make him a better Commander.

> @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > Not many players /buy/ commander tags to just have them. I have one, i rarely use it, not because i dont know how to lead, or dont know the events, but i hate doing it. I see no reason *why* there needs to be a "Grind" to improve your tag, The only time a commander tag really matters is...DS, thats about it. You dont need tags at tequatl these days, you dont need tags at the silverwastes hmmm..i might be forgetting some metas, oh right the PoF ones that rarely get done you *need* a tag for those to get the people required to do them.

> >

> > WvW you dont need a tag at all unless you wanna zerg, and theres no point to having "ranks" for those either. So i disagree fully.

>

> If the player really is a player, in less than a week he will have the amount required to buy the commander, and easily reaches this level, and by turning on this tag and not having the trust experience, other players will drop this tag as a result There is no proper teamwork and a lot of time to lose.

And thats where i disagree. There should be no reason *EVER* to not trust a commander tag, when they tag up. If you join there tag and they suck, leave the tag, its not that hard. I got the tag so i could lead events as needed, not so that i could advertise my experience at commanding. Because under your suggestion which i disagree with strongly, because i seldom use my tag, i would probably be at the bottom, even though i know what im doing. You as the commander can kick people from your squad if you want good teamwork. The effects you think this system will add, are already in game, and i fail to see how you are "losing time" when doing open world events that can be zerged to death regardless of a tag or not.

> > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

> >

> > We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

> > Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

>

> You’re missing my point. I’m saying that since the Mentor tag is earned by playing the game well enough to earn the tag and a Commander tag is earned by paying gold then according to your suggestion, the Mentor tag should automatically be more respected. Since it isn’t that shows that knowing how to play the game isn’t what earns respect and adding a higher level of hard content to the Commander tag won’t make him a better Commander.

You did not understand my full question. I said that it is not better to set up commander-level stages in which the commanders will compete to compete for the highest rank and level to determine the specific commander's ability.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > Not many players /buy/ commander tags to just have them. I have one, i rarely use it, not because i dont know how to lead, or dont know the events, but i hate doing it. I see no reason *why* there needs to be a "Grind" to improve your tag, The only time a commander tag really matters is...DS, thats about it. You dont need tags at tequatl these days, you dont need tags at the silverwastes hmmm..i might be forgetting some metas, oh right the PoF ones that rarely get done you *need* a tag for those to get the people required to do them.

> > >

> > > WvW you dont need a tag at all unless you wanna zerg, and theres no point to having "ranks" for those either. So i disagree fully.

> >

> > If the player really is a player, in less than a week he will have the amount required to buy the commander, and easily reaches this level, and by turning on this tag and not having the trust experience, other players will drop this tag as a result There is no proper teamwork and a lot of time to lose.

>

> And thats where i disagree. There should be no reason *EVER* to not trust a commander tag, when they tag up. If you join there tag and they suck, leave the tag, its not that hard. I got the tag so i could lead events as needed, not so that i could advertise my experience at commanding. Because under your suggestion which i disagree with strongly, because i seldom use my tag, i would probably be at the bottom, even though i know what im doing. You as the commander can kick people from your squad if you want good teamwork. The effects you think this system will add, are already in game, and i fail to see how you are "losing time" when doing open world events that can be zerged to death regardless of a tag or not.

Did you think that every player is a real person and that every real person has respect and personality?

So, before you think about expelling this person from the team, you should not have a team level in which people will enter into their worthiness?

> @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

> > >

> > > We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

> > > Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

> >

> > You’re missing my point. I’m saying that since the Mentor tag is earned by playing the game well enough to earn the tag and a Commander tag is earned by paying gold then according to your suggestion, the Mentor tag should automatically be more respected. Since it isn’t that shows that knowing how to play the game isn’t what earns respect and adding a higher level of hard content to the Commander tag won’t make him a better Commander.

>

> You did not understand my full question. I said that it is not better to set up commander-level stages in which the commanders will compete to compete for the highest rank and level to determine the specific commander's ability.

And you did not understand my point that the game already has a tag earned by doing content and it’s not more respected than a tag bought with money by a new player, which means it’s not doing content that earns respect or shows ability but it’s the ability to get other to do what you tell them to do. _That_ can not be learned by doing content, it’s mostly personality.

> > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

> > > >

> > > > We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

> > > > Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

> > >

> > > You’re missing my point. I’m saying that since the Mentor tag is earned by playing the game well enough to earn the tag and a Commander tag is earned by paying gold then according to your suggestion, the Mentor tag should automatically be more respected. Since it isn’t that shows that knowing how to play the game isn’t what earns respect and adding a higher level of hard content to the Commander tag won’t make him a better Commander.

> >

> > You did not understand my full question. I said that it is not better to set up commander-level stages in which the commanders will compete to compete for the highest rank and level to determine the specific commander's ability.

>

> And you did not understand my point that the game already has a tag earned by doing content and it’s not more respected than a tag bought with money by a new player, which means it’s not doing content that earns respect or shows ability but it’s the ability to get other to do what you tell them to do. _That_ can not be learned by doing content, it’s mostly personality.

I know exactly what you are talking about, but the game system will not be able to upgrade the mentor because there is a commander, so the instructor is forgotten and is essentially a past commander's creation. Now it's time to be the future commander.

> @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

> > > > >

> > > > > We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

> > > > > Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

> > > >

> > > > You’re missing my point. I’m saying that since the Mentor tag is earned by playing the game well enough to earn the tag and a Commander tag is earned by paying gold then according to your suggestion, the Mentor tag should automatically be more respected. Since it isn’t that shows that knowing how to play the game isn’t what earns respect and adding a higher level of hard content to the Commander tag won’t make him a better Commander.

> > >

> > > You did not understand my full question. I said that it is not better to set up commander-level stages in which the commanders will compete to compete for the highest rank and level to determine the specific commander's ability.

> >

> > And you did not understand my point that the game already has a tag earned by doing content and it’s not more respected than a tag bought with money by a new player, which means it’s not doing content that earns respect or shows ability but it’s the ability to get other to do what you tell them to do. _That_ can not be learned by doing content, it’s mostly personality.

>

> I know exactly what you are talking about, but the game system will not be able to upgrade the mentor because there is a commander, so the instructor is forgotten and is essentially a past commander's creation. Now it's time to be the future commander.

Being able to flash a fancy tag will make no difference to those who already follow you. Those people will listen anyway no matter what your rank is. Your suggestion might work if caused random pugs who join your group to actually read chat and follow directions, but it won’t. Since it won’t make randoms pay attention and your followers already do pay attention then a high rank ultimately makes no difference.

> > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

> > > > > > Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

> > > > >

> > > > > You’re missing my point. I’m saying that since the Mentor tag is earned by playing the game well enough to earn the tag and a Commander tag is earned by paying gold then according to your suggestion, the Mentor tag should automatically be more respected. Since it isn’t that shows that knowing how to play the game isn’t what earns respect and adding a higher level of hard content to the Commander tag won’t make him a better Commander.

> > > >

> > > > You did not understand my full question. I said that it is not better to set up commander-level stages in which the commanders will compete to compete for the highest rank and level to determine the specific commander's ability.

> > >

> > > And you did not understand my point that the game already has a tag earned by doing content and it’s not more respected than a tag bought with money by a new player, which means it’s not doing content that earns respect or shows ability but it’s the ability to get other to do what you tell them to do. _That_ can not be learned by doing content, it’s mostly personality.

> >

> > I know exactly what you are talking about, but the game system will not be able to upgrade the mentor because there is a commander, so the instructor is forgotten and is essentially a past commander's creation. Now it's time to be the future commander.

>

> Being able to flash a fancy tag will make no difference to those who already follow you. Those people will listen anyway no matter what your rank is. Your suggestion might work if caused random pugs who join your group to actually read chat and follow directions, but it won’t. Since it won’t make randoms pay attention and your followers already do pay attention then a high rank ultimately makes no difference.

If we look at this view, the legend's clothes do not differ from the ascended. So why are players trying to build this level, they do not want to be superior to others and stand out for their superiority?

Or a player who has a thousand hours playing WvW, what's the difference with a new player in the world and the same tag commander?

> @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ehsan.6328" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > One could argue that the Mentor tag is more meaningful because you do earn it by playing the game while the commander tag can be earned by a new player by pulling out his wallet. However the Mentor tag was disparaged at start as being a cheap tag available to too many. So obviously it’s not the amount of playtime or ingame knowledge that gives respect. Which means your suggestion won’t work or mentor tags earned by playing would be more respected than gold bought tags.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We should not forget that the game is based on the strength and ability of each player in relation to the player himself, so that everyone wants to lead in his ability,

> > > > > > > Do not you want to be professors in a field like world vs world and talk to others listening to your respect and respect, so that you can announce many times and waste your time by neglecting others?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You’re missing my point. I’m saying that since the Mentor tag is earned by playing the game well enough to earn the tag and a Commander tag is earned by paying gold then according to your suggestion, the Mentor tag should automatically be more respected. Since it isn’t that shows that knowing how to play the game isn’t what earns respect and adding a higher level of hard content to the Commander tag won’t make him a better Commander.

> > > > >

> > > > > You did not understand my full question. I said that it is not better to set up commander-level stages in which the commanders will compete to compete for the highest rank and level to determine the specific commander's ability.

> > > >

> > > > And you did not understand my point that the game already has a tag earned by doing content and it’s not more respected than a tag bought with money by a new player, which means it’s not doing content that earns respect or shows ability but it’s the ability to get other to do what you tell them to do. _That_ can not be learned by doing content, it’s mostly personality.

> > >

> > > I know exactly what you are talking about, but the game system will not be able to upgrade the mentor because there is a commander, so the instructor is forgotten and is essentially a past commander's creation. Now it's time to be the future commander.

> >

> > Being able to flash a fancy tag will make no difference to those who already follow you. Those people will listen anyway no matter what your rank is. Your suggestion might work if caused random pugs who join your group to actually read chat and follow directions, but it won’t. Since it won’t make randoms pay attention and your followers already do pay attention then a high rank ultimately makes no difference.

>

> If we look at this view, the legend's clothes do not differ from the ascended. So why are players trying to build this level, they do not want to be superior to others and stand out for their superiority?

> Or a player who has a thousand hours playing WvW, what's the difference with a new player in the world and the same tag commander?

Oh I’m sure that having a fancy tag will cause everyone to flock to it and want to join that squad. But will they listen? Or will they consider a fancy tag an automatic win where all they have to do is show up and hit autoattack while watching a movie, then blame the Commander when the event fails or the squad is wiped in WvW. It appears you believe that a higher level tag will make people pay attention. I think you’re in for a unpleasant surprise if it were to be put in game.