Question about DLC purchase

Path of Fire does not include Heart of Thorns, but you can buy both together at a discount. If you select the Ultimate edition of Path of Fire you'll be taken to a page where you have the option to add Heart of Thorns for a lower price than normal.

For me it says the normal price for PoF or HoT is £25.99 and the bundle of both together is £42.99. If you select Path of Fire and then select to add HoT it says it costs £17 - so (if we assume the copy of HoT in the Ultimate edition costs the same as the standard and the extra money is just to pay for the extra items and gems) it's the same price either way. (25.99 + 17 = 42.99)

The prices will vary depending on what currency the store shows you (and if you're in America then sales tax will be added on at the end), but I think the math should work out the same in all currencies.

To be clear the Ultimate Edition does not include HoT, but after selecting it and clicking 'Check Out' you'll be taken to a page where you have the option to add HoT to your purchase for a discounted price (which is the same as it would cost if you bought the bundle of both).

![](https://i.imgur.com/FJMFoxE.jpg "")

As for what the Ultimate Edition includes it's the DLC itself, 4000 gems and some extra items:

* Character slot - self explanatory I think

* Identity Repair Kit - this is a Total Makeover Kit which lets you change your characters appearance (everything, including their gender, body type, face and hair, and it includes some exclusive faces and hair styles) and a name change contract which lets you change their name to any available one. You can use them separately, even on different characters.

* Sunspear Outfit - this is an outfit which looks like a GW1 armour skin

* Lily of the Elon pass - double clicking this teleports your character to an exclusive 'mini town' in the Crystal Desert. If you've ever had a pass for the Captain's Airship, the Royal Terrace or anything like that it's the same idea. It's an area with a bank, TP, merchants, mystic forge and all the other stuff you'd normally find in cities all together. It also acts as a quick/cheap way to get to the desert maps.

> @"Prince Harming.7692" said:

> Thank you JDub, I appreciate the quick response, and your time.

> Now to begin downloading. :bleep_bloop:

Small clarification: they are not DLCs in the sense you have with single-player off-line games, where you have to download a separate thing. There is nothing extra to download.

Think about it: if you had to download everything about them separately, what would happen to people who don't have the download when they met someone who had it and had some visible piece of gear (mount, glider, etc.) that came from the expansion? What if I share the computer (but not the log-in account) with someone who does when I don't? And so on. No. All you buy when you buy an MMORPG expansion like HoT or PoF is the permission to use the features of the expansion on your account.

> @"Prince Harming.7692" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > It also doesn't come with the other DLC's either (Living World Seasons which are between Expansions)

>

> I noticed that, I may end up getting those seasons once ive saved up and made it to that point.

> I hate having holes in my story haha :angry:

>

fyi the order

Season 1 (doesnt exist anymore, that gap will be permanent. There is an in game recap which recaps virtually nothing)

Season 2 sets up HoT

HoT

Season 3 which follows the aftermath of HoT and leads into PoF, dealing with some older stories on the way

PoF

Season 4 (ongoing)

Season 4 will unlock from ep 3 onwards if you log in just once during each initial 3 month window for an episode. ie episode 3 which is current, is free forever for you. Ep1 and 2 requires purchasing

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Prince Harming.7692" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > It also doesn't come with the other DLC's either (Living World Seasons which are between Expansions)

> >

> > I noticed that, I may end up getting those seasons once ive saved up and made it to that point.

> > I hate having holes in my story haha :angry:

> >

>

> fyi the order

>

> Season 1 (doesnt exist anymore, that gap will be permanent. There is an in game recap which recaps virtually nothing)

> Season 2 sets up HoT

> HoT

> Season 3 which follows the aftermath of HoT and leads into PoF, dealing with some older stories on the way

> PoF

> Season 4 (ongoing)

>

> Season 4 will unlock from ep 3 onwards if you log in just once during each initial 3 month window for an episode. ie episode 3 which is current, is free forever for you. Ep1 and 2 requires purchasing

Thank you for this list! I'm nearing the end of the core Personal Story and was wondering what order to do the story next.

Does the Personal Story ever go on sale? I got a few gem cards this week to go toward unlocking them, and I was wondering if for example the Anniversary Sales ever have sales on the PS episodes.