The maximum gold you ever had in your wallet?

> @"Diva.4706" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > Currently I have 4,134 gold, but I've had up around 8000 at one point. I have a guild full of casuals that have their griffon, so it's probably more an issue of not knowing or not trying to get more. Because there's no way if you've played since launch you should have 17 gold max.

>

> Three people in my house play casual, 2 have never had over 150g, and I have never broken 400g. Casual, open world play gives little gold. We have all played on and off since launch. I have no idea what content gives 1,000s of gold.

I have basically only played after HoT launch, still got 12k+. Most of it is from selling legendaries, though fractals and raids actually make decent money as well. There's the occasional lucky drop too, but they are so infrequent they hardly make a difference in the long run.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Diva.4706" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > Currently I have 4,134 gold, but I've had up around 8000 at one point. I have a guild full of casuals that have their griffon, so it's probably more an issue of not knowing or not trying to get more. Because there's no way if you've played since launch you should have 17 gold max.

>

> Three people in my house play casual, 2 have never had over 150g, and I have never broken 400g. Casual, open world play gives little gold. We have all played on and off since launch. I have no idea what content gives 1,000s of gold.

You’re probably not going to make much gold with unfocused casual play. Making gold requires choosing to play content/do activities that generates gold, such as high level fractals, multiple dungeon runs, farming, certain meta events, etc. For myself, while I play pretty casually I also set aside time most days to do specific content that I know is profitable. What I do varies but I make sure I do my daily and some other sort of gold generating content. Of course this isn’t for everyone as many would rather just log on and play without a schedule or making plans, however they don’t have to do profitable content that they don’t enjoy, and it is nice to see the gold come in so you can buy things you want.

> @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> I just saw [this](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/values.summary.value "https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/values.summary.value") graph when looking for something on GW2efficiency. It shows gold per hour spent playing against other players. I thought I was doing okish tbh but im on the average gold amount per hours spent playing. I have 9 chars in full ascended gear and 11 sets of ascended though and dont buy gems with money.

Overall account value is a very different measurement than raw gold on hand since it factors in a lot of other items of value. For the purpose of this thread, the graph to consider is this one: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.gold

I think I made it over 1900 some time recently, definitely over 1800, I was sooooo close to having enough to bid on a permanent hair stylist. But then some gem store things came out that I wanted and I'm doing my best not to drain the rest of my RL bank account into frivolous things so I used gold for gems and tumbled off the giddy heights.

> @"Diva.4706" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

>

Casual open world play allows people to gather. Gathering gives mats. Selling mats gives money. I bet you anyone playing casually since launch that sells the mats they've accumulated, assuming they bother to gather, would have enough money to buy a griffon.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Diva.4706" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > Currently I have 4,134 gold, but I've had up around 8000 at one point. I have a guild full of casuals that have their griffon, so it's probably more an issue of not knowing or not trying to get more. Because there's no way if you've played since launch you should have 17 gold max.

> >

> > Three people in my house play casual, 2 have never had over 150g, and I have never broken 400g. Casual, open world play gives little gold. We have all played on and off since launch. I have no idea what content gives 1,000s of gold.

>

> You’re probably not going to make much gold with unfocused casual play. Making gold requires choosing to play content/do activities that generates gold, such as high level fractals, multiple dungeon runs, farming, certain meta events, etc. For myself, while I play pretty casually I also set aside time most days to do specific content that I know is profitable. What I do varies but I make sure I do my daily and some other sort of gold generating content. Of course this isn’t for everyone as many would rather just log on and play without a schedule or making plans, however they don’t have to do profitable content that they don’t enjoy, and it is nice to see the gold come in so you can buy things you want.

No matter how casual you are, if you keep half an eye on what mats are selling, and you sell them (iron, softwood, platinum, hardwood, seasoned wood, elderwood, pretty much just sell mats for a while, and you'll have gold. Most casual players who play and gather (and frankly gathering is like end game for most people in my guild), you'd end up with enough money to buy a griffon or close to it.

I've probably never made it past 700G but I only play for a few months at a time, so I just buy some gems to exchange for some gold cause I generally get stuck around 200G. However, I did buy indestructible gathering tools and I gather a lot more right now. Once I've gotten my ascended armour set together for my main (which will take a few weeks because of crafting restrictions - you can only make some things once a day), I might start making a bit more. All in all, the game has finally grown on me a bit. Having some achievable goals does help.

> @"Diva.4706" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

>

Have they ever had 25g? If so then they've had enough to get the griffon.

That's all you need - save up 25g, buy 1 item for the collection, save up 25g, buy another item...do it 10 times and you're done. Or done with the part which costs gold anyway, you still need to find the eggs and the other items but that doesn't cost anything. You don't have to do it all in one go either, you can take however long you want or need because you don't lose progress if you stop working on it for a bit.

And like a lot of people have said you can make a lot of gold by selling crafting materials, which is something literally anyone in this game can do. Making gold in GW2 is almost never about finding an item which is worth 1000s of gold - they're worth so much because you can't get them reliably. Instead it's about selling lots of things for little bits of gold (or silver or copper) which add up over time.

I average about 50g. I spend, then make, then spend again. THe most I've ever had is somewhere around 400g. I should also say that I am an ultra casual player. I know I could make more, but why? This is a game. It's meant to help me relax. If I worried about how much gold I had in my wallet all the time, I'd be a mess.

I believe my max was just under 2.5k gold after selling a trading post perma contract I got from a key. I also had been saving a bit getting ready to make Nevermore at the time.

Also note something that's undervalued, is when waiting for a world boss or any timed event to spawn in on a map in pve.... just run around the map while waiting and node farm. When I do teq or leyline dude, and am waiting 10m or so I will just loop the map and make 3-5g after doing most of the wood and nodes. Not really mid/maxing but more stuff to do a gap filler.