PvP verbal abuse & ignorance

Tetsuyja.7805

Hi,

i played a ranked pvp match today. i am atm playing gold3/platin1. i am playing most the time with hidden chat, so i don't see the written toxic stuff. today i forget to turn it 'off' (only /team was visible) and i've got this from my team mate (red= teammate, blue=me):

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=8a581c-1533207751.png

it's nothing new that pvp is a toxic area. but these toxic players seem to be ignorant to any kind of report and consequences. **they should be!** That's what i wish.

ty for reading

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You blocked and reported somebody for PMing you once? Nothing will come of that report.

Part of your problem really could be your gameplay, based off the fact that you ignore chat in PvP matches. Coordinating gameplay is really useful, and reading and responding to messages in-game can be distracting, but critical should you want to react to situations, or a teammate's call for help, for example.

If I were you, I'd just give you this advice: Kill em with kindness. Reporting people after they criticize you isn't going to get you far in a community that reeeallllly only cares if you can help the team to a victory.

> @"Tetsuyja.7805" said:

> ranked pvp. i am playing most the time with hidden chat, so i don't see the written toxic stuff.

this is Solo queue for ya, both the toxicity and lack of communication.

It would be nice if players could team up again and avoid the toxicity while also being a beneficial team mate by using simple communication skills.... But apparently segregation is healthier for the game.

> @"Tetsuyja.7805" said:

> Hi,

> i played a ranked pvp match today. i am atm playing gold3/platin1. i am playing most the time with hidden chat, so i don't see the written toxic stuff. today i forget to turn it 'off' (only /team was visible) and i've got this from my team mate (red= teammate, blue=me):

> http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=8a581c-1533207751.png

> it's nothing new that pvp is a toxic area. but these toxic players seem to be ignorant to any kind of report and consequences. **they should be!** That's what i wish.

> ty for reading

That's a harmless PM, if you're that insecure about your rating then maybe you should start listening to your teammates during matches so that you can rank up.

Thank you for your opinions!

If someone does not know what "useless piece of" means, that's very surprising. Just as surprisingly, I reacted with a simple "oh".

Everything else in the chat is normal. But this one line changes everything.That's a misbehavior and i felt bad.

You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

> @"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:

> You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

>

> Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

I agree with what you're saying but I don't agree with you thinking this is actionable stuff that needs reporting.

No offense intended here but people need to grow up for real, use the block feature. Nobody needs to be banning anybody else because "he said useless piece of".

Seriously, is this what it's coming to now? Every time somebody says something that might hurt your feelings we need account action? Are we going to start arresting people out on the streets of they call you a douchebag?

If anything I think people need to be taught to have thicker skin.

People yelling at each other in video games is equivalent to road rage. It's a heat of the moment, knee jerk reaction. He doesn't know you, its not a personal insult, he's just upset at the situation and needs an outlet, and you were the best choice.

You really ought to approach the gaming environment with a thicker skin and laid back / sarcastic / generallu forgiving attitude, cuz relatively speaking,that's really a rated G comment that you received lol.

You might not understand this now, but you posting this thread and saying you reported him actually makes you look more unattractive than him. You're essentially being a tattle teller who can't take a competitive rage jab. Lighten up.

I get these types of comments directed at me all the time. I love it. Im a connoisseur of tEh rage. Welcome to the internet.

Toxicity in this game really needs to stop. You don't know if somebody has major depression or other kinds of emotional problems. I've been called trash multiple times, told to go kill myself, as well as multiple racial and homophobic slurs. Even if you report these things you see the same players playing day in and day out. Seriously Anet doesn't care about this at all. It's going to continue to happen until they start handing out month long bans for such behavior.

There is no place in any game for name calling or any of the sort. It's one thing tell somebody they need to l2p, it's another to tell them to go jump off a bridge. And from my experience Anet apparently can't be bothered to hand out bans to these people.

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > @"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:

> > You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

> >

> > Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

>

> I agree with what you're saying but I don't agree with you thinking this is actionable stuff that needs reporting.

>

> No offense intended here but people need to grow up for real, use the block feature. Nobody needs to be banning anybody else because "he said useless piece of".

>

> Seriously, is this what it's coming to now? Every time somebody says something that might hurt your feelings we need account action? Are we going to start arresting people out on the streets of they call you a kitten?

>

> If anything I think people need to be taught to have thicker skin.

Part of the problem is that this can not be compared to what might happen out in the street. People subjected to abuse in the real world might just grin and bear it but GW2 is not real life it is a GAME.People play a game to have fun and if they are not having fun they stop playing.

When the environment gets toxic people no longer have fun and just stop playing and it in the GAME players best interest that as many play the mode that is possible.

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> I've been called trash multiple times, told to go kill myself, as well as multiple racial and homophobic slurs. Even if you report these things you see the same players playing day in and day out. Seriously Anet doesn't care about this at all. It's going to continue to happen until they start handing out month long bans for such behavior.

>

> There is no place in any game for name calling or any of the sort. It's one thing tell somebody they need to l2p, it's another to tell them to go jump off a bridge. And from my experience Anet apparently can't be bothered to hand out bans to these people.

Some people will fundamentally disagree with you, and having a heavy handed solution might impact their enjoyment as much as their dank memes and trash talk impacts yours.

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > @"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:

> > You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

> >

> > Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

>

> I agree with what you're saying but I don't agree with you thinking this is actionable stuff that needs reporting.

>

> No offense intended here but people need to grow up for real, use the block feature. Nobody needs to be banning anybody else because "he said useless piece of".

>

> Seriously, is this what it's coming to now? Every time somebody says something that might hurt your feelings we need account action? Are we going to start arresting people out on the streets of they call you a kitten?

>

> If anything I think people need to be taught to have thicker skin.

you must be nearly 30 or older... wrong or right?

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > @"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:

> > > You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

> > >

> > > Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

> >

> > I agree with what you're saying but I don't agree with you thinking this is actionable stuff that needs reporting.

> >

> > No offense intended here but people need to grow up for real, use the block feature. Nobody needs to be banning anybody else because "he said useless piece of".

> >

> > Seriously, is this what it's coming to now? Every time somebody says something that might hurt your feelings we need account action? Are we going to start arresting people out on the streets of they call you a kitten?

> >

> > If anything I think people need to be taught to have thicker skin.

>

> you must be nearly 30 or older... wrong or right?

If your not 30 or older your a baaby and baabys shouldnt speak there nonsense opinions...../joke

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > @"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:

> > > > You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

> > > >

> > > > Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

> > >

> > > I agree with what you're saying but I don't agree with you thinking this is actionable stuff that needs reporting.

> > >

> > > No offense intended here but people need to grow up for real, use the block feature. Nobody needs to be banning anybody else because "he said useless piece of".

> > >

> > > Seriously, is this what it's coming to now? Every time somebody says something that might hurt your feelings we need account action? Are we going to start arresting people out on the streets of they call you a kitten?

> > >

> > > If anything I think people need to be taught to have thicker skin.

> >

> > you must be nearly 30 or older... wrong or right?

>

> If your not 30 or older your a baaby and baabys shouldnt speak there nonsense opinions...../joke

its not that..

players ive met that say things like get thicker skin tend to be of the older generations while the younger ones want to be rewarded for doing normal everyday activities

Think about it this way: they came to enjoy the game and part of their enjoyment is winning. By joining their game and losing matches due to inexperience, you are to blame for their frustration.

If you are then bothered by the verbal abuse they employ to tell you how much you're fucking their day up, tough shit. play another game mode (like unranked!) until you are good enough, or stop queuing ranked.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > @"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:

> > > > > You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

> > > > >

> > > > > Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

> > > >

> > > > I agree with what you're saying but I don't agree with you thinking this is actionable stuff that needs reporting.

> > > >

> > > > No offense intended here but people need to grow up for real, use the block feature. Nobody needs to be banning anybody else because "he said useless piece of".

> > > >

> > > > Seriously, is this what it's coming to now? Every time somebody says something that might hurt your feelings we need account action? Are we going to start arresting people out on the streets of they call you a kitten?

> > > >

> > > > If anything I think people need to be taught to have thicker skin.

> > >

> > > you must be nearly 30 or older... wrong or right?

> >

> > If your not 30 or older your a baaby and baabys shouldnt speak there nonsense opinions...../joke

>

> its not that..

>

> players ive met that say things like get thicker skin tend to be of the older generations while the younger ones want to be rewarded for doing normal everyday activities

Hahaha, yep, you've got it right

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > @"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:

> > > You were right to report him Tetsuyja. I'd have done the same.

> > >

> > > Childish behaviour like displayed by your teammate is unacceptable. There is no excuse for taking your anger out on someone else over something as trivial as a video game. Especially when like in GW2 there is absolutely nothing at stake. As you can see though this kind of disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour has become the largely accepted norm.

> >

> > I agree with what you're saying but I don't agree with you thinking this is actionable stuff that needs reporting.

> >

> > No offense intended here but people need to grow up for real, use the block feature. Nobody needs to be banning anybody else because "he said useless piece of".

> >

> > Seriously, is this what it's coming to now? Every time somebody says something that might hurt your feelings we need account action? Are we going to start arresting people out on the streets of they call you a kitten?

> >

> > If anything I think people need to be taught to have thicker skin.

>

> Part of the problem is that this can not be compared to what might happen out in the street. People subjected to abuse in the real world might just grin and bear it but GW2 is not real life it is a GAME.People play a game to have fun and if they are not having fun they stop playing.

>

> When the environment gets toxic people no longer have fun and just stop playing and it in the GAME players best interest that as many play the mode that is possible.

>

>

I think part of the problem is that you think you should grin and bear it. Why do you think that?

If someone is calling you trash why does their opinion matter to you? Why should it? Is it because you agree with them? Because if that's the case, and you're bothered by that, then how about getting better? If it's not then tell them to fuck off and move on with your life?

I don't understand why someone else's words are affecting your life.

You guys all sound like LoL players who are used to people getting banned for calling you bad. But is it not also toxic to be terrible at the game? Because to me it's way more toxic having your guardian go to home with the thief at the start of the game, than it is to have someone call you trash - one of those things directly affects my enjoyment of the game, and the other gets an instablock and I continue to enjoy my life without that person.

This reminds me of that video of Tyler where he's freaking out because they ban people for "being toxic" but not for running it down mid to throw the game. It's a pathetic double standard where you don't want to be accountable for your shitty play that is affecting everyone else's enjoyment of the game but you don't want them to ruin your own enjoyment by calling you trash for playing bad.

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> Toxicity in this game really needs to stop. You don't know if somebody has major depression or other kinds of emotional problems. I've been called trash multiple times, told to go kill myself, as well as multiple racial and homophobic slurs. Even if you report these things you see the same players playing day in and day out. Seriously Anet doesn't care about this at all. It's going to continue to happen until they start handing out month long bans for such behavior.

>

> There is no place in any game for name calling or any of the sort. It's one thing tell somebody they need to l2p, it's another to tell them to go jump off a bridge. And from my experience Anet apparently can't be bothered to hand out bans to these people.

Players still think that this game is about players skill, where most dont understand that are mostly carried against lesser optimized builds due performance gap of the build and class itself.

Most pvp'ers found themsevelves having good results initially on the game due this game extreme casual nature, and when they fight a equal build things gets arsh, when they fight a builds that counters due power creep or other things their build capabilities they rage alot.

I have seen engi / hole whining against Spellbreakers since SB used WoD to counter the boons stacks, since the engie players was being punished and could not easilly win w/o effort cause he believed he was skilled and his class was superior.

Balance and game design is also a culprit cause it was Anet that made players have this behave due throwing placebos by making them believe they were actually very good players.....

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> You blocked and reported somebody for PMing you once? Nothing will come of that report.

> Part of your problem really could be your gameplay, based off the fact that you ignore chat in PvP matches. Coordinating gameplay is really useful, and reading and responding to messages in-game can be distracting, but critical should you want to react to situations, or a teammate's call for help, for example.

> If I were you, I'd just give you this advice: Kill em with kindness. Reporting people after they criticize you isn't going to get you far in a community that reeeallllly only cares if you can help the team to a victory.

Actually thats technically verbal abuse, whether it happened once or not is moot. Still falls under verbal abuse.