ANET, please change your agent in China?

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

>

> But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

>

> By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

>

>

Except chinese client is much different to what we have.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"Crackmonster.2790" said:

> > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > Is the Chinese client not receiving the updates we receive? Because we surely have enjoyed updates more often than every 6 months.

> > > >

> > > > And, if you are posting here, as you have been for quite some time, why not just play the Western version of the game? It's unlikely all the changes you have requested over the years will happen any time soon.

> > > >

> > > > Good luck.

> > >

> > > Chinese servers are usually updated two days after the US service is updated, and the content of these updates is far from the standards that Chinese people need. The content is too small and the rewards are too bad. Perhaps the Chinese value the results.

> > >

> > > In addition, I started playing Western games about 18 years ago, from StarCraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, DOTA, CS, LOL. . In addition, I think GW1 is much more fun than GW2. Everything about GW2 revolves around the mall, which is boring.

> >

> > Here is something i don't understand - on one hand you say Chinese don't have time to invest big time because they have to work, yet on the other hand you say they are not satisfied by the patches of GW2.

> > You also say for example legendary process is too hard without gold from buying gems - and want it integrated in game. This can only mean you want to make the process of farming items, legendaries etc. much easier.

> > You do realize, GW2 isn't driven like most other MMO's who are gear focused, where content updates with newer and better gear come more frequently? And that to make everything easier to get by hand will just mean players run out of things to do`since the long-term game is all about acquiring those non-needed perfections of your characters?

> >

> > Personally i find GW2 model one of the most respectful of players i have seen in a good game - i get the best of all. Buy it and i can play it without need for subscription - it doesn't destroy my characters or progress every few months i can come back and leave as i want. Is it not possible that chinese players will figure out that the model of this game is actually fair and not some abusing gemshop like archeage that forces you to spend to be competititive? That it isn't a game made for constant updates of big new higher tier content, but that there is still so much to do in-game that they will probably never finish? That BiS stat-geared isn't that hard to come by and doesn't need gemshop, but improving your character with the best looks, non-required convenience items etc is what really takes the time in this game?

> >

> > Really nice post you make btw, very interesting to see the differences and i do hope they find another publisher.

>

> In the past few days, I have realized a problem from history. China, India, Egypt, and Babylon are all based on agricultural civilization. The 4,000-year history has made Chinese people accustomed to self-sufficiency, have a field, grow their own crops, and harvest themselves. It is a habit of history. Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> The history of Europe and the United States is Greek civilization. Greece does not have open land. It can only obtain the necessities of life, trade, or the habit of "shops" into history.

> When in the game, the Chinese players get a lot of "labor" and the rewards are all "garbage". When almost nothing is gained, the fun of self-sufficiency is lost.

that is strong misconception of european and american history. Every developing culture has a strong agricultural backbone, only very small and decentralized ones get by with hunting, fishing, gathering or trading exclusively. Especially the United States have a strong sense of self-reliance with the concept of the "Frontier". Almost all cultures glorify labor till the point where a high degree of general contentment is reached, then it develops into a post materialistic society (like the west mostly is atm).

But enough with the sociohistorical musings :) It sucks to read your beloved game is in such dire straits in China, but from what you write... In my language, there is a colloquial saying "you don't throw good money after bad one", and if the player base and reputation of the game are allready in decline that dramatically, the most reasonable choice for Anet would be to pull out of the market (unless they have a really sweet deal with the publisher that outplaces the economical risks). There probably is just no coming back from that.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> >

> > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> >

> > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> >

> >

>

> Except chinese client is much different to what we have.

Really? How "different" can it be? You mean you can't gather gold by simply playing the game? And the Gem Store offers more than just cosmetics, but actually items that give you an advantage (more damage, better armor stats etc.)? And achievements provide you with no rewards (AP, for once) whatsoever?

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

>

> But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

>

> By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

>

>

I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > @"Crackmonster.2790" said:

> > > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > Is the Chinese client not receiving the updates we receive? Because we surely have enjoyed updates more often than every 6 months.

> > > > >

> > > > > And, if you are posting here, as you have been for quite some time, why not just play the Western version of the game? It's unlikely all the changes you have requested over the years will happen any time soon.

> > > > >

> > > > > Good luck.

> > > >

> > > > Chinese servers are usually updated two days after the US service is updated, and the content of these updates is far from the standards that Chinese people need. The content is too small and the rewards are too bad. Perhaps the Chinese value the results.

> > > >

> > > > In addition, I started playing Western games about 18 years ago, from StarCraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, DOTA, CS, LOL. . In addition, I think GW1 is much more fun than GW2. Everything about GW2 revolves around the mall, which is boring.

> > >

> > > Here is something i don't understand - on one hand you say Chinese don't have time to invest big time because they have to work, yet on the other hand you say they are not satisfied by the patches of GW2.

> > > You also say for example legendary process is too hard without gold from buying gems - and want it integrated in game. This can only mean you want to make the process of farming items, legendaries etc. much easier.

> > > You do realize, GW2 isn't driven like most other MMO's who are gear focused, where content updates with newer and better gear come more frequently? And that to make everything easier to get by hand will just mean players run out of things to do`since the long-term game is all about acquiring those non-needed perfections of your characters?

> > >

> > > Personally i find GW2 model one of the most respectful of players i have seen in a good game - i get the best of all. Buy it and i can play it without need for subscription - it doesn't destroy my characters or progress every few months i can come back and leave as i want. Is it not possible that chinese players will figure out that the model of this game is actually fair and not some abusing gemshop like archeage that forces you to spend to be competititive? That it isn't a game made for constant updates of big new higher tier content, but that there is still so much to do in-game that they will probably never finish? That BiS stat-geared isn't that hard to come by and doesn't need gemshop, but improving your character with the best looks, non-required convenience items etc is what really takes the time in this game?

> > >

> > > Really nice post you make btw, very interesting to see the differences and i do hope they find another publisher.

> >

> > In the past few days, I have realized a problem from history. China, India, Egypt, and Babylon are all based on agricultural civilization. The 4,000-year history has made Chinese people accustomed to self-sufficiency, have a field, grow their own crops, and harvest themselves. It is a habit of history. Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > The history of Europe and the United States is Greek civilization. Greece does not have open land. It can only obtain the necessities of life, trade, or the habit of "shops" into history.

> > When in the game, the Chinese players get a lot of "labor" and the rewards are all "garbage". When almost nothing is gained, the fun of self-sufficiency is lost.

>

> that is strong misconception of european and american history. Every developing culture has a strong agricultural backbone, only very small and decentralized ones get by with hunting, fishing, gathering or trading exclusively. Especially the United States have a strong sense of self-reliance with the concept of the "Frontier". Almost all cultures glorify labor till the point where a high degree of general contentment is reached, then it develops into a post materialistic society (like the west mostly is atm).

>

> But enough with the sociohistorical musings :) It sucks to read your beloved game is in such dire straits in China, but from what you write... In my language, there is a colloquial saying "you don't throw good money after bad one", and if the player base and reputation of the game are allready in decline that dramatically, the most reasonable choice for Anet would be to pull out of the market (unless they have a really sweet deal with the publisher that outplaces the economical risks). There probably is just no coming back from that.

EVE has changed the publishing company four times in China, and the Icelanders have not given up, and this time they are lucky. Netease took over EVE and the Chinese government is very supportive.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> >

> > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> >

> > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> >

> >

> I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

>

I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > >

> > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > >

> > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > >

> > >

> > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> >

>

> I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

>

> If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

>

> As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > >

> > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > >

> > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > >

> >

> > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> >

> > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> >

> > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

>

> Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

>

> Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

hmm, ok, I think I don't have any idea about this. Are those like.. continue game coins or something?

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > > >

> > > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > > >

> > > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> > >

> > > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> > >

> > > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

> >

> > Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

> >

> > Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

>

> hmm, ok, I think I don't have any idea about this. Are those like.. continue game coins or something?

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > > >

> > > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > > >

> > > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> > >

> > > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> > >

> > > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

> >

> > Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

> >

> > Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

>

> hmm, ok, I think I don't have any idea about this. Are those like.. continue game coins or something?

30RMB can buy 500 gold coins, easy and safe.

The first set of legends, 100RMB, the legendary second set 400RMB buy one get one free. After buying 15 legendary weapons in one breath, many people stood in the daze on the side of the road and silently deleted GW2. This is KZW.

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > >

> > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > >

> > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > >

> >

> > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> >

> > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> >

> > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

>

> Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

>

> Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

So the problem is that in gw2 everything boils down to gold?

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> > > >

> > > > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> > > >

> > > > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

> > >

> > > Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

> > >

> > > Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

> >

> > hmm, ok, I think I don't have any idea about this. Are those like.. continue game coins or something?

>

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> > > >

> > > > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> > > >

> > > > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

> > >

> > > Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

> > >

> > > Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

> >

> > hmm, ok, I think I don't have any idea about this. Are those like.. continue game coins or something?

>

> 30RMB can buy 500 gold coins, easy and safe.

> The first set of legends, 100RMB, the legendary second set 400RMB buy one get one free. After buying 15 legendary weapons in one breath, many people stood in the daze on the side of the road and silently deleted GW2. This is KZW.

>

so it is cheaper to buy legendary weapons directly than buying game currency to buy legendaries with? When buying in game items/currency is at all possible, I fail to see the problem with various price sets. I don't think I can understand your problem and I get a discreet feeling that is not a matter of language barrier.

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> > > > >

> > > > > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

> > > >

> > > > Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

> > > >

> > > > Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

> > >

> > > hmm, ok, I think I don't have any idea about this. Are those like.. continue game coins or something?

> >

> > > > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > > > > @"alberte.2685" said:

> > > > > > > > Therefore, Chinese players like to get “reward” through their own “labor”. “Labor” is considered to be glorious and necessary in China.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But that is _exactly_ what GW2 provides! You need to work for everything, achievements, best gear. You can't buy any of that from the Gem Store. You work hard for it and get rewarded at the end. (Of course, if you find the rewards to be insufficient, that's a different story.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > By the way, legendary weapons and armor cannot be achieved through gold alone, there is a lot of work involved as well. Also, you don't have to buy gold, if you don't want to, but can play the game to collect the amount you need.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I can't agree with this. The first set of legendary weapons is purchased directly. I made a suggestion two years ago that I hope the second set of legends is binding, not direct purchase. Who knows that ANET is too smart, the cost of the first set of legends is about 1000G, and the second set is 2000-2500G. If you get it through the game, the fog layer will give 7G a day, and the four luck will give 5G. It takes 166 days. My goodness. . . This is a waste of life.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I am not familiar with the terminology and rules of the Chinese version. So, you can buy legendaries with in game currency just like in the other versions? And you can buy that currency with real money like here? So your gripe is people using their credit card to buy legendaries? But you can still aquire gold in game for that?

> > > > >

> > > > > If I understand correctly, you argue highly inconsistent. On one hand, you want people "working" for their in game shinies, yet you bemoan the farming/game activities for getting there as a waste of life? That does not go together really. You bring up the work ethic of the Chinese people, yet you begrudge them using their hard earned money (rl) to buy game currency? Again, I don' t really know the mechanics you try to describe here, but if I assume correctly, your points aren't really consistent.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for CCP, well, have they been in the excact same spot, all things alike? Because "another company did it" is hardly a good business advice on its own.

> > > >

> > > > Chinese people like to beat BOSS by themselves, and they get the skin, instead of needing 2000+ gold coins like GW2, they have worked hard to beat the powerful BOSS, and it is indeed garbage.

> > > >

> > > > Guild Wars 2 gold coins are extremely difficult to obtain, but it is very easy to buy legendary weapons through third-party channels or KZW. 100~200RMB can buy legendary weapons. If you make your own legendary weapon, I believe you know how hard the process is.

> > >

> > > hmm, ok, I think I don't have any idea about this. Are those like.. continue game coins or something?

> >

> > 30RMB can buy 500 gold coins, easy and safe.

> > The first set of legends, 100RMB, the legendary second set 400RMB buy one get one free. After buying 15 legendary weapons in one breath, many people stood in the daze on the side of the road and silently deleted GW2. This is KZW.

> >

>

> so it is cheaper to buy legendary weapons directly than buying game currency to buy legendaries with? When buying in game items/currency is at all possible, I fail to see the problem with various price sets. I don't think I can understand your problem and I get a discreet feeling that is not a matter of language barrier.

If you buy gold coins to make legendary weapons, the first set needs to buy about 50RMB, and the second set is about 120RMB. If you do nothing, buy a legendary weapon directly, the price is 100RMB and 200. So buying gold coins will still be cheaper.

At least for now, I will not make any legendary props anymore.

Okay is something different in china version? do they generate the legendary weapons by game master and sell them or what?

Assuming they generate them and sell them, this is much different from here since here some players still need farm the extremely high material count. I seriously rofled when i saw what was it some 10k of some wood was needed for one or something hahaha, never seen that before.

Also you can't even directly buy gen 2 legends since they require bound items dropped from completing an expansion story. So it does seem something is different.

And when you mention buying 15 legends back to back it has me thinking... erm okay, if the prices are like here to buy legends because to buy gems to convert to gold here it takes quite a lot of money, i would have to pay an outrageous amount of money to buy 15 legends. A gen 1 legend is like 111 dollars this is not just something to cheaply buy this type of price level is one that can cause big rage if the game pushed you into forcing p2w, but it doesn't luckily since ascended are same stats.

So that is why i wonder if they generate them in china and therefore can sell them quite cheaply or how it works. Here, as you say it takes a ton of work to build a legendary, but at the same time this is what you have to spend your time in GW2 on since getting gear with BiS stat isn't all that hard at all and new gear tiers never come along.

I mean, buying gold will always be most efficient. Work irl -->buy gold, will always be faster but same time then you wont have much to do in game so i think a lot of ppl just dont do that.

Hopefully they will change publisher in China cause these things about the game there are awful but are you sure these are not industry standards for the market there. I mean would a different publisher do things much differently?

Additionally i do not think this is Anet decision. Who publishes the game in China is an NCSoft decision. NCSoft sells the rights, Anet support development a bit but other than that they have no say. Anet has the publishing and development responsibilities only for the West.

As a result if the game is in such a bad state as you say it is unlikely it will be picked up by any other publisher and NCSoft will just close down the server. Unless they are absolutely sure there is a market there and try and re-launch.

> @"Crackmonster.2790" said:

> Okay is something different in china version? do they generate the legendary weapons by game master and sell them or what?

> Assuming they generate them and sell them, this is much different from here since here some players still need farm the extremely high material count. I seriously rofled when i saw what was it some 10k of some wood was needed for one or something hahaha, never seen that before.

> Also you can't even directly buy gen 2 legends since they require bound items dropped from completing an expansion story. So it does seem something is different.

> And when you mention buying 15 legends back to back it has me thinking... erm okay, if the prices are like here to buy legends because to buy gems to convert to gold here it takes quite a lot of money, i would have to pay an outrageous amount of money to buy 15 legends. A gen 1 legend is like 111 dollars this is not just something to cheaply buy this type of price level is one that can cause big rage if the game pushed you into forcing p2w, but it doesn't luckily since ascended are same stats.

>

> So that is why i wonder if they generate them in china and therefore can sell them quite cheaply or how it works. Here, as you say it takes a ton of work to build a legendary, but at the same time this is what you have to spend your time in GW2 on since getting gear with BiS stat isn't all that hard at all and new gear tiers never come along.

>

> I mean, buying gold will always be most efficient. Work irl -->buy gold, will always be faster but same time then you wont have much to do in game so i think a lot of ppl just dont do that.

Reportedly you can buy tier one Legendaries from the Gemstore. [This Reddit post](

) says they were selling Legendary Weapon gifts in the gemstore. Doesn’t say for which tier.