woohoo new weapons!

hugo.4705

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> Tastes are obviously subjective, but I can't help but be quite irritated that _Two_ of the _Three_ chosen were Swords (and I don't care in the least that they are "different" as one is one handed and one is two). Its disappointing to see other weapon types ignored.

They were "chosen" by a player vote (with serious issues, but still) - not by ANet. I'm super sad that the dual-bladed staff didn't get into top three, but I hold out hope they'll use more - I'm pretty sure they held that open and I think they did that with a few GW1 contests...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > Tastes are obviously subjective, but I can't help but be quite irritated that _Two_ of the _Three_ chosen were Swords (and I don't care in the least that they are "different" as one is one handed and one is two). Its disappointing to see other weapon types ignored.

>

> They were "chosen" by a player vote (with serious issues, but still) - not by ANet. I'm super sad that the dual-bladed staff didn't get into top three, but I hold out hope they'll use more - I'm pretty sure they held that open and I think they did that with a few GW1 contests...

Fair enough, I'll now blame THE WHOLE MISERABLE LOT OF YOU, YOU LILLY LIVERED *cough-hack*, yeah, its your fault, people. Vote better next time.

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > > Tastes are obviously subjective, but I can't help but be quite irritated that _Two_ of the _Three_ chosen were Swords (and I don't care in the least that they are "different" as one is one handed and one is two). Its disappointing to see other weapon types ignored.

> >

> > They were "chosen" by a player vote (with serious issues, but still) - not by ANet. I'm super sad that the dual-bladed staff didn't get into top three, but I hold out hope they'll use more - I'm pretty sure they held that open and I think they did that with a few GW1 contests...

>

> Fair enough, I'll now blame THE WHOLE MISERABLE LOT OF YOU, YOU LILLY LIVERED *cough-hack*, yeah, its your fault, people. Vote better next time.

I agree! ;)

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> I like all of them, but the Torch is HUGE,

It looks really huge on a human, but the size looks fine to me on a charr and only slightly too big on a norn (in the preview window - I haven't got it yet).

> so laughing at you guys crying over the Greatsword which isn't overly surfboard, yet longer than a one handed sword.

I don't normally like the ~~cricket bats~~ greatswords in this game - but I do like Eclipse and think it actually looks comparatively swordlike.

Lovely. Enjoy the Sword.

Not so found of the other 2. Still. Great work making them.

I also hope whoever made number 5 will do that again on the next contest because it looked great for Rev/Daredevil combat... but hell.. I'd be happy with any new staffs shaped like a spear or polearm/Halbeard/glave etc.

The scions claw is absolutely amazing. It has those long hilts that look cool when it's sheathed, It hums wenever it is drawn or whenever I create a mesmer clone and it has those ribbons that swing around and is small and simple enough that it does not distract from the rest of the character. Home Run everybody.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > It kind of bothers me that models badly need in Gw2 only came in at 5th place and 8th place. I get it that only Daredevil Thief and Revenant use the staff as a melee weapon, but there are pretty much only 3 (arguably 4) Staff skins in the game that aren't obviously caster staves, 2 of which are part of the Daredevil collection. A little variety would be appreciated...

> There's a lot more melee staves than that. Just off the top of my head: the two daredevil ones, the scythe, Final Rest, the Reclaimed staff, the Dominator staff, the Forged staff, Lightward's Battlestaff, Sunspear, Darkspear, Sunscythe, and that gem store scythe.

Well, perhaps I misspoke. I meant to say relatively obtainable melee staves that fit the style of monk-type warrior. With that filter in place, that

effectively removes a large chunk of your list, given a martial artist / monk doesn't really mesh with scythes or spears.

Reclaimed Staff is fugly

Machined Staff equally so, unless perhaps you're a Charr

Dominator Staff is odd/ kitchy, but it's price tag of 225g is more relevant

The Forged staff does kinda eek in there, hadn't considered that one.

So outside of the Forged Staff, the only other one on your list that really fits the martial-artist flavor is the Lightward Battlestaff (which I currently use), but which also has a hefty price tag of around 180g given it's a rare drop.

My point being, this was a great way to introduce additional skins to the game, and instead we get more Greatswords and Longwords, both of which have such a wide variety of skins readily available, its really not difficult to find one that matches your race / profession / style.

Sorry, I don't fight with neon surfboards or exploding bunches of crystals. Oooh, more glowy buster weapons, no wonder the magpies are in love. And they clip, and there are "collections" involved like legendaries even though they're exotics, and they're not scaled properly to the character models? And you have to cough up 15 ecto just to start the quest? No thanks. Dozens of more important things I can use 15 ecto for.

> @"Sargoth.8104" said:

> Sorry, I don't fight with neon surfboards or exploding bunches of crystals. Oooh, more glowy buster weapons, no wonder the magpies are in love. And they clip, and there are "collections" involved like legendaries even though they're exotics, and they're not scaled properly to the character models? And you have to cough up 15 ecto just to start the quest? No thanks. Dozens of more important things I can use 15 ecto for.

I didn't realize ectos were so valuable now. The current festival must be doing a really good job of removing materials from the market!

While I don't care for any of the three weapons, I'm happy others are enjoying them.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> All those saying how bad these are, you had your chance to design something better.

I don’t have to be an artist or 3D modeler just to validate my dislike of these weapons, just like how I don’t need to be Spielberg to think a movie stinks.