Mist trinkets... easier to farm then in PvP (5vs5) or WvW?

Glael.2365

Hi,

I'm working towards getting one or two sets of mist trinkets and was wondering which pvp mode is more efficient in terms of effort/time invested. I'm a bit hesitant because I suck a PvE and by extent I'm worst at PvP... plus I don't like wasting anybody's time, but since those are the only two options for getting these trinkets then I have no choice but to dive into PvP.

Right now I'm doing daily fractals up to my personal fractal level (Tier 2) but with daily cap on pristine fractal relics it will take me a long time to get the trinkets.

Thx in advance

You need 1310 skirmish tickets for a full set and you can get a maximum of 365 per week. So that would be a bit over 3.5 weeks.

For pvp 950 ascended shards of glory are needed. Completing the track gives you 400 and each repeat of the last chest gives another 100.

Quickest would be doing both or all 3.

Easiest is probably WvW since you can get away with doing nothing but PvE and currently there is no PvP season running so you can't do that even if you want to.

If you can only do t2 fractals that would take around 2 months.

A more practical approach would be to get the trinkets from LS3.

I really don't think pursuing them via those two game modes worth it.

Imo best way to get those specific Trinkets, is to just do daily fractals and stockpile pristine relics. 100 each with some matrices and done.

With a decent group you can finish daily t4 in 30-40 mins while in speed run under 30

> @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> I really don't think pursuing them via those two game modes worth it.

> Imo best way to get those specific Trinkets, is to just do daily fractals and stockpile pristine relics. 100 each with some matrices and done.

>

> With a decent group you can finish daily t4 in 30-40 mins while in speed run under 30

Right 4 -16 pristines relics per day. being 100 each Ill let other to do the math

Easiest are spvp but season is off atm.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> > I really don't think pursuing them via those two game modes worth it.

> > Imo best way to get those specific Trinkets, is to just do daily fractals and stockpile pristine relics. 100 each with some matrices and done.

> >

> > With a decent group you can finish daily t4 in 30-40 mins while in speed run under 30

>

> Right 4 -16 pristines relics per day. being 100 each Ill let other to do the math

>

> Easiest are spvp but season is off atm.

Just because it's off season .

Agree for spvp when season is active.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> For WvW side: +1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619).

>

> You need to rank up before you even get any pips. Doesn't take very long though.

You get pips based on world score, persistance and Outnumbered no matter rank. The rank bonus is nice of course, but not really that big a deal until you're decently high rank.

Thanks all for the feedback...

as I said I'm still working on fractal level, last night I was able to reach Tier 3 so I might be able to get more pristine relics per day... right now I'm watching videos to see what to expect on T3... so far it looks like I'll be hit that two instabilities instead of one.

All my current trinkets are from LS3 but I want the mist ones for the stat changing option.

I'll probably go for WvW even though as you say it will take more time than sPvP, but probably my suckiness will impact the least there

again... thx for advice

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > For WvW side: +1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619).

> >

> > You need to rank up before you even get any pips. Doesn't take very long though.

>

> You get pips based on world score, persistance and Outnumbered no matter rank. The rank bonus is nice of course, but not really that big a deal until you're decently high rank.

I have a new guildie that played with us for over 2 hours and didn't get any...Rank 0.

It's funny to see you bois do "rewards". Almost as sad as balancing threads. Glad you managed multiplication on timegates so that's covered.

Lets start with the BASICS : **WvW is NEVER EVER the fastest, easiest or cheapest way to get something in GW2**. It never ever ever is. All the ascended armor and weapons are a scam. Trinkets are the most expensive in the game by a long shot. On top of that, the timegates are as bad or worse than everything else. If you're grinding rewards in WvW you should probably ALT F4 and go back to highschool for math basics.

**All WvW trinkets cost a full stack of proof of heroics = 20G+.** This is 20g+ and more expensive than any other trinkets in the game. A full set of trinkets isn't just 100+ hours of league tickets, it's also 100g+. It's REALLY NOT WORTH IT.

So how do WvWers get trinkets? You use LS3 or LS4 reward tracks. Make sure you turn on a good one, like bloodstone fen. You get the bloodrubies required in 2 hours. If you don't have the volatile magic, doing another reward track and salvaging gets you those too. This takes slightly longer in pure timegate compared to pips (at high rank) in WvW, but is actually faster with boosters or at low WvW ranks. It also saves you 20g per trinket. Faster, better, easier.

LS3 = all LS3 stats + bloodstone ones are possible to reset in terms of stats. LS4 stats (harrier) require LS4 map. In general bloodstone fen is pretty good as a starter.

If you REALLY want, trinkets are buyable from PvP and WvW. PvP is still BY FAR THE BEST BUY. Because in WvW you pay 20g extra, and in pvp you pay less than 1g. Meanwhile 15 hours of WvW won't make you 1/3rd of the money you'll make playing PvP. Also PvP is faster. Of course, pvp requires a SEASON. Also NEVER stat reset through WvW. Costs 20g+ too. Costs sub 1g in PvP.

Fractals, if you can do T4's within 1-2 hours is still better than WvW. Which is suprising, considering failing at T4's for 2 hours is an accomplishment more than doing them in less than an hour. Not to mention fractals literally throw rings at your face, as well as gold and other goodies.

So for pvp / wvw : USE REWARD TRACKS. For PvE : Just go grind berries or bloodstone or god knows which LS3 or LS4 map. Or fractals. Or raids. Or PvP. But seriously, NEVER EVER buy this stuff from the WvW skirmish vendor. If you buy anything form WvW, do accessories only. If you buy rings from WvW it's because you have too much tickets... not because WvW is the quickest way to get it. Rule of thumb : WVW IS NEVER EVER EVER the best way to get any gear, anywhere. Literally cheaper to craft ascended gear than to buy it from the WvW skirmish vendor.

WVW skirmish vendor exists to scam casuals. It baits them into thnking it's an "easy" or "cheap" way to get ascended when in reality, it's cheaper to fully ignore WvW and just craft the armor buying all materials than it is to buy it from the WvW vendors. You ONLY EVER use WvW vendor stuff for SKINS that you want.

Take it from someone with 10k+ wvw tickets, 3 legendary armors and essentially any gear they could ever need. Never ever ever waste time or effort grinding ANY kind of gear in WvW. It's literally the worst way to do it.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > For WvW side: +1 Bronze WvW Rank (150-619).

> > >

> > > You need to rank up before you even get any pips. Doesn't take very long though.

> >

> > You get pips based on world score, persistance and Outnumbered no matter rank. The rank bonus is nice of course, but not really that big a deal until you're decently high rank.

>

> I have a new guildie that played with us for over 2 hours and didn't get any...Rank 0.

I'm rank 50 and get them.

Were they over t3 participation? (Hard to not be if playing for 2 h, but still.)

Did they check the right place (since the skirmish track is separate from the other reward tracks)?

Did they recently transfer severs? (Two resets need to pass before pips are gained)

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> It's funny to see you bois do "rewards". Almost as sad as balancing threads. Glad you managed multiplication on timegates so that's covered.

>

> Lets start with the BASICS : **WvW is NEVER EVER the fastest, easiest or cheapest way to get something in GW2**. It never ever ever is. All the ascended armor and weapons are a scam. Trinkets are the most expensive in the game by a long shot. On top of that, the timegates are as bad or worse than everything else. If you're grinding rewards in WvW you should probably ALT F4 and go back to highschool for math basics.

>

> **All WvW trinkets cost a full stack of proof of heroics = 20G+.** This is 20g+ and more expensive than any other trinkets in the game. A full set of trinkets isn't just 100+ hours of league tickets, it's also 100g+. It's REALLY NOT WORTH IT.

>

> So how do WvWers get trinkets? You use LS3 or LS4 reward tracks. Make sure you turn on a good one, like bloodstone fen. You get the bloodrubies required in 2 hours. If you don't have the volatile magic, doing another reward track and salvaging gets you those too. This takes slightly longer in pure timegate compared to pips (at high rank) in WvW, but is actually faster with boosters or at low WvW ranks. It also saves you 20g per trinket. Faster, better, easier.

>

> LS3 = all LS3 stats + bloodstone ones are possible to reset in terms of stats. LS4 stats (harrier) require LS4 map. In general bloodstone fen is pretty good as a starter.

>

> If you REALLY want, trinkets are buyable from PvP and WvW. PvP is still BY FAR THE BEST BUY. Because in WvW you pay 20g extra, and in pvp you pay less than 1g. Meanwhile 15 hours of WvW won't make you 1/3rd of the money you'll make playing PvP. Also PvP is faster. Of course, pvp requires a SEASON. Also NEVER stat reset through WvW. Costs 20g+ too. Costs sub 1g in PvP.

>

> Fractals, if you can do T4's within 1-2 hours is still better than WvW. Which is suprising, considering failing at T4's for 2 hours is an accomplishment more than doing them in less than an hour. Not to mention fractals literally throw rings at your face, as well as gold and other goodies.

>

> So for pvp / wvw : USE REWARD TRACKS. For PvE : Just go grind berries or bloodstone or god knows which LS3 or LS4 map. Or fractals. Or raids. Or PvP. But seriously, NEVER EVER buy this stuff from the WvW skirmish vendor. If you buy anything form WvW, do accessories only. If you buy rings from WvW it's because you have too much tickets... not because WvW is the quickest way to get it. Rule of thumb : WVW IS NEVER EVER EVER the best way to get any gear, anywhere. Literally cheaper to craft ascended gear than to buy it from the WvW skirmish vendor.

>

> WVW skirmish vendor exists to scam casuals. It baits them into thnking it's an "easy" or "cheap" way to get ascended when in reality, it's cheaper to fully ignore WvW and just craft the armor buying all materials than it is to buy it from the WvW vendors. You ONLY EVER use WvW vendor stuff for SKINS that you want.

>

> Take it from someone with 10k+ wvw tickets, 3 legendary armors and essentially any gear they could ever need. Never ever ever waste time or effort grinding ANY kind of gear in WvW. It's literally the worst way to do it.

whoa +100g for a set of trinkets... I was under the impression they only cost WvW currency: claim tickets and memory of battle from WvW... or ascended and normal shard of glory from sPvP

Thx for the info

> @"Glael.2365" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > It's funny to see you bois do "rewards". Almost as sad as balancing threads. Glad you managed multiplication on timegates so that's covered.

> >

> > Lets start with the BASICS : **WvW is NEVER EVER the fastest, easiest or cheapest way to get something in GW2**. It never ever ever is. All the ascended armor and weapons are a scam. Trinkets are the most expensive in the game by a long shot. On top of that, the timegates are as bad or worse than everything else. If you're grinding rewards in WvW you should probably ALT F4 and go back to highschool for math basics.

> >

> > **All WvW trinkets cost a full stack of proof of heroics = 20G+.** This is 20g+ and more expensive than any other trinkets in the game. A full set of trinkets isn't just 100+ hours of league tickets, it's also 100g+. It's REALLY NOT WORTH IT.

> >

> > So how do WvWers get trinkets? You use LS3 or LS4 reward tracks. Make sure you turn on a good one, like bloodstone fen. You get the bloodrubies required in 2 hours. If you don't have the volatile magic, doing another reward track and salvaging gets you those too. This takes slightly longer in pure timegate compared to pips (at high rank) in WvW, but is actually faster with boosters or at low WvW ranks. It also saves you 20g per trinket. Faster, better, easier.

> >

> > LS3 = all LS3 stats + bloodstone ones are possible to reset in terms of stats. LS4 stats (harrier) require LS4 map. In general bloodstone fen is pretty good as a starter.

> >

> > If you REALLY want, trinkets are buyable from PvP and WvW. PvP is still BY FAR THE BEST BUY. Because in WvW you pay 20g extra, and in pvp you pay less than 1g. Meanwhile 15 hours of WvW won't make you 1/3rd of the money you'll make playing PvP. Also PvP is faster. Of course, pvp requires a SEASON. Also NEVER stat reset through WvW. Costs 20g+ too. Costs sub 1g in PvP.

> >

> > Fractals, if you can do T4's within 1-2 hours is still better than WvW. Which is suprising, considering failing at T4's for 2 hours is an accomplishment more than doing them in less than an hour. Not to mention fractals literally throw rings at your face, as well as gold and other goodies.

> >

> > So for pvp / wvw : USE REWARD TRACKS. For PvE : Just go grind berries or bloodstone or god knows which LS3 or LS4 map. Or fractals. Or raids. Or PvP. But seriously, NEVER EVER buy this stuff from the WvW skirmish vendor. If you buy anything form WvW, do accessories only. If you buy rings from WvW it's because you have too much tickets... not because WvW is the quickest way to get it. Rule of thumb : WVW IS NEVER EVER EVER the best way to get any gear, anywhere. Literally cheaper to craft ascended gear than to buy it from the WvW skirmish vendor.

> >

> > WVW skirmish vendor exists to scam casuals. It baits them into thnking it's an "easy" or "cheap" way to get ascended when in reality, it's cheaper to fully ignore WvW and just craft the armor buying all materials than it is to buy it from the WvW vendors. You ONLY EVER use WvW vendor stuff for SKINS that you want.

> >

> > Take it from someone with 10k+ wvw tickets, 3 legendary armors and essentially any gear they could ever need. Never ever ever waste time or effort grinding ANY kind of gear in WvW. It's literally the worst way to do it.

>

> whoa +100g for a set of trinkets... I was under the impression they only cost WvW currency: claim tickets and memory of battle from WvW... or ascended and normal shard of glory from sPvP

>

> Thx for the info

They do only cost memories off battle, which are more than 20g for 1 stack on the TP.

Compared to less than 1g for a stack of shard of glory.