Where's the content?

Moot.5819

So I just got through the Path of Fire story and have done a good chunk of the living story, but what I want to know is; am I expected to run into a room and kill some rando asuran in a mech for the next two years? The "meta" events in this expac feel more like world bosses. If the Domain of Kourna "meta" event counts then so does the Svanir Shaman in Wayfarer. Honestly I was expecting Dragon's Stand levels of content but here we are almost a year later with some new world bosses. What's going on?

It was their design choice to go full force on this "one time experience" and it is damn good... if you were there at the start with other people to do it. They didn't want to simply replace HoT farming and maps, instead they opted for something else entirely. I heavily dislike this choice in terms of what impression that will give to players, but PoF was some of the best content in any game I have ever experienced.

It's a pendulum. We had easy to do, press1 for success, core tyria - the self proclaimed majority qq'd for harder content, requiring more coordination and long term rewards. We got exactly that with HoT and ppl are still 1)doing the meta and 2)complain that it's too hard and that they shouldn't be forced to play the game on a timer. A new self proclaimed majority arrived and cried so hard for easy maps and exploration, not requiring other players, that we got PoF. No worthwhile metas, solo'able HP's, far easier and less grindy collections and rewards. Now the pendulum swings back. The ride never ends. ;)

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> It was their design choice to go full force on this "one time experience" and it is kitten good... if you were there at the start with other people to do it. They didn't want to simply replace HoT farming and maps, instead they opted for something else entirely. I heavily dislike this choice in terms of what impression that will give to players, but PoF was some of the best content in any game I have ever experienced.

Explain?

> @"Sekimori.9165" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > It was their design choice to go full force on this "one time experience" and it is kitten good... if you were there at the start with other people to do it. They didn't want to simply replace HoT farming and maps, instead they opted for something else entirely. I heavily dislike this choice in terms of what impression that will give to players, but PoF was some of the best content in any game I have ever experienced.

>

> Explain?

You explore the desert once, then you have done everything there is to see, no more mount leveling experience, no more reason to go back. One time only. HoT has a bunch of stuff that makes you go back there (most notably the existence of Amalgamated Gemstones and rewarding metas)

I really like HoT meta event maps. It feels like you are part of something bigger and seems to require cross map coordination like real battlefield does. But there is one problem with all that:

It requires quite a lot of players to do it. If the map is empty or there are not enough players willing to participate, map is literally unplayable. You cant do anything on the maps, not even the HP you need to progress, map completion and I think even some personal story parts were locked sometimes.

So while I like HoT events a lot, I think there should be only limited number of maps like these. If ANet keeps making these maps, they would need to rework old ones or makes them easier. There is only limited number of players on each server and limited number of players in these maps. Otherwise there would be either fragmented community and none of the maps would actually work or only one or a few maps that are most profitable or enjoyable populated and all the rest would be empty.

This would be unbreakable obstacle especially for new players and they would be angry (rightfully so) and quit, if there is no way to get HPs, currency and more...