When is season 13?

Jay.3409

> @"Nova.3817" said:

> why we even need a offsetting to begin with is something ive always wondered it was originally to test new balance (couldnt we do that in unranked) just seems dumb

Ideally they would put a large balance patch through before the start of the season and then make small changes throughout the season depending on how things are playing out.

Their way of putting out big balance patches a few weeks before the end of the season to try to shake up the meta when it doesn't even touch the meta is mind boggling to say the least.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

> > why we even need a offsetting to begin with is something ive always wondered it was originally to test new balance (couldnt we do that in unranked) just seems dumb

>

> Ideally they would put a large balance patch through before the start of the season and then make small changes throughout the season depending on how things are playing out.

>

> Their way of putting out big balance patches a few weeks before the end of the season to try to shake up the meta when it doesn't even touch the meta is mind boggling to say the least.

i get that but why do we need a off season for people figure out the meta couldn't they do that in unranked OR take advantage of the new meta to get ahead idk just seems like off season just kills spvp for 2 weeks and i dont see some huge benefit to it

It's all about the presentation. By making us wait two weeks between seasons, it makes the season feel more like a season.

Netflix does the same thing with releasing new seasons of shows even though they've been completed way long ago.

Timing, anticipation etc. Never give it to them all at once. Making them suffer is the best way to add flavor.

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> It's all about the presentation. By making us wait two weeks between seasons, it makes the season feel more like a season.

>

> Netflix does the same thing with releasing new seasons of shows even though they've been completed way long ago.

>

> Timing, anticipation etc. Never give it to them all at once. Making them suffer is the best way to add flavor.

They wouldn't really be seasons if they just continued indefitely.

Besides, in the case of GW2 off-season has a role to play. You can try out new builds/professions against people with the same rating as you without having to worry about losing the rating. Somebody might get angry with you for throwing games by playing a class you haven't mastered yet but just ignore those people. That's what off-season is for. Ofc you should do some unranked first, so you have a basic understanding of the build/role.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Sampson.2403" said:

> > It's all about the presentation. By making us wait two weeks between seasons, it makes the season feel more like a season.

> >

> > Netflix does the same thing with releasing new seasons of shows even though they've been completed way long ago.

> >

> > Timing, anticipation etc. Never give it to them all at once. Making them suffer is the best way to add flavor.

>

> They wouldn't really be seasons if they just continued indefitely.

> Besides, in the case of GW2 off-season has a role to play. You can try out new builds/professions against people with the same rating as you without having to worry about losing the rating. Somebody might get angry with you for throwing games by playing a class you haven't mastered yet but just ignore those people. That's what off-season is for. Ofc you should do some unranked first, so you have a basic understanding of the build/role.

sure it would it would reset the leaderboards and go

> @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > mid season balance patches is the most brain dead idiot thing heard of in any game in any competitive "season". I don't know anyone who thinks its a good idea.

>

> Is there any other game that does this? I don't understand why they do it this way.

league of legends sort of does it... but atleast their patches are top notch.... any major bugs found are fix within 1-2days...

> @"Jay.3409" said:

> > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > > mid season balance patches is the most brain dead idiot thing heard of in any game in any competitive "season". I don't know anyone who thinks its a good idea.

> >

> > Is there any other game that does this? I don't understand why they do it this way.

>

> league of legends sort of does it... but atleast their patches are top notch.... any major bugs found are fix within 1-2days...

LoL is also backed up by the biggest and richest game company in the world. They can afford the "manpower".

Balance patchs used to come before the new season would start. With a few days to a week of testing. People complained that the season wasn't starting fast enough and they wanted less time. Anet did this but balance candence hasn't changed.

They then came out on the same day. People complained about this but I guess more people complained that the seasons after werent starting fast enough, again, so Anet shortened it but balance candence again stayed the same so now the patch comes 2 or so weeks into the seasons near enough exactly at the time it was before.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Jay.3409" said:

> > > @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > > > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > > > mid season balance patches is the most brain dead idiot thing heard of in any game in any competitive "season". I don't know anyone who thinks its a good idea.

> > >

> > > Is there any other game that does this? I don't understand why they do it this way.

> >

> > league of legends sort of does it... but atleast their patches are top notch.... any major bugs found are fix within 1-2days...

>

> LoL is also backed up by the biggest and richest game company in the world. They can afford the "manpower".

LoL is a PvP-exclusive game, so of course efforts will be quickly funneled into patches and balance.

> @"Kraljevo.2801" said:

> > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > mid season balance patches is the most brain dead idiot thing heard of in any game in any competitive "season". I don't know anyone who thinks its a good idea.

>

> Is there any other game that does this? I don't understand why they do it this way.

The idea isn't so bad and you can"t blame them for doing something different. If balanced patchs happened between seasons, you would have people coming and saying " i got 8 loses in placement games because i had teammates that didn"t update their builds " .

Better have them in mid seasons , when in theory most players did their placement, than before where you can have a huge volatility.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> Ask yourselves this question.

> At this point, Do we really care?

I care because PvP track + bizantium chest provide significatively more gold that just PvP track alone. In season 12 I earned 287.5 gold coins just as direct rewards (doesnt count the earning from selling mats) from the PvP chest. And that is playing only at weekends, so yes, we care about season being off.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > Ask yourselves this question.

> > At this point, Do we really care?

>

> I care because PvP track + bizantium chest provide significatively more gold that just PvP track alone. In season 12 I earned 287.5 gold coins just as direct rewards (doesnt count the earning from selling mats) from the PvP chest. And that is playing only at weekends, so yes, we care about season being off.

I care because my game quality was pretty much NA levels. Nobody likes constant blow-out games because the skill difference between players is too big to provide proper matches.