Is it worth to play Scourge anymore?

Hederath.2350

Power scourge in wvw is really fun. I had been playing condi but power seems way more viable. I wouldn’t say it’s as fun thematically as reaper, but it seems superior in most game modes. Reaper is still really fun in open world though because of how tough it can be built.

As long as you are not looking to join any group in the (PvE) end game, you should be fine.

For CM's/T4 Fractals, Raids and co., be prepared to be discriminated against, and to be the first one kicked when thing's go badly, if you get a chance to come along in the first place.

For Open World and Story, everything is fine, if you don't mind being really slow and inefficent (but safe) with it.

For sPvP and WvW Necro is still used, but keep in mind the capabilities of Necro, especially Scourge, there are nerfed pretty much every patch since months. So who knows how long that will be the case.

> @"Hederath.2350" said:

> How about comparing Reaper and Scourge for now, after all these nerfs? Only in PvE.

PvE is a broad term. In terms of endgame content, they are both about equal at the absolutely bottom of viable things to play.

Every other class has a spec that performs better and is more wanted than Reaper and Scourge.

Scourge is slightly ahead in damage, doesn't rely on fields and offers Barriers to the party, so if you have to play Necro, I would go with that.

I am new to the game and started with Necro, after reading how bad they are i ditched it for just about every other class. I really don't care what people's opinion is on it anymore. I love the class, the style and everything about reaper. My big issues though are what to run in pvp in terms of traits, stats, etc..

can you link me a full build for wvw with power reaper?

i was thinking of trying this build tonight:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AG3A0bilcBDKA0AKAUbh1QzK+KmFHjA-jFSBAB0s/Ae6GW4gAQp6PmpEcjLAQXK/A4JAEAAB4m3Mb2mB38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3sUARMZD-w

> @"taconight.3167" said:

> I am new to the game and started with Necro, after reading how bad they are i ditched it for just about every other class. I really don't care what people's opinion is on it anymore. I love the class, the style and everything about reaper. My big issues though are what to run in pvp in terms of traits, stats, etc..

>

> can you link me a full build for wvw with power reaper?

>

> i was thinking of trying this build tonight:

>

> http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AG3A0bilcBDKA0AKAUbh1QzK+KmFHjA-jFSBAB0s/Ae6GW4gAQp6PmpEcjLAQXK/A4JAEAAB4m3Mb2mB38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3sUARMZD-w

Do you plan to join the public zerg? Then the build is okay.

I am asking this because it needs heavy support as it lacks two things:

- burst to get rid of roamers and

- sustain if you plan to do smallscale roaming and need to survive a focus by 3 targets for a few seconds until your group dealt with them.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"taconight.3167" said:

> > I am new to the game and started with Necro, after reading how bad they are i ditched it for just about every other class. I really don't care what people's opinion is on it anymore. I love the class, the style and everything about reaper. My big issues though are what to run in pvp in terms of traits, stats, etc..

> >

> > can you link me a full build for wvw with power reaper?

> >

> > i was thinking of trying this build tonight:

> >

> > http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AG3A0bilcBDKA0AKAUbh1QzK+KmFHjA-jFSBAB0s/Ae6GW4gAQp6PmpEcjLAQXK/A4JAEAAB4m3Mb2mB38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3sUARMZD-w

> Do you plan to join the public zerg? Then the build is okay.

>

> I am asking this because it needs heavy support as it lacks two things:

> - burst to get rid of roamers and

> - sustain if you plan to do smallscale roaming and need to survive a focus by 3 targets for a few seconds until your group dealt with them.

I can never get into zergs, so i follow them around when they're there and if not, i like to roam around and fight who comes in my path while trying to cap what i can. So , if you have a recommendation on a roaming build, and one on a zerging build that'd be awesome.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCtbilbC22A0biFcBjqL0G+CQDgAwBIuKuFDjA-jVSBQBb4CAgHNC7b/hFcQAAwTAIf6CMpSwuo8Lhq/EAAB4m3Mb2mBazbezbezbezbezbWKgV3aB-w

Roamer build. I've seen some reapers use spectral grasp, but it's a gimmick at best, rarepy lands a 2nd time if the fight even lats that long. Swap to spiteful renewal and take consume condi/plague sig vs condi heavy foes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW3dnk0A12g10A+0A0biFcBLuKuFDjTZhmQVAaAEAOAA-jFSBQBdR53COIA5T3AAeCA7b/BTqEUDXAgEq+TAAEgwmtZg28m38m38m38m38mlCY1tWA-w

Something for zergs, focus on bombing with well of corrupt for boon rip, and cttb with wars when they bubble.

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"taconight.3167" said:

> > > I am new to the game and started with Necro, after reading how bad they are i ditched it for just about every other class. I really don't care what people's opinion is on it anymore. I love the class, the style and everything about reaper. My big issues though are what to run in pvp in terms of traits, stats, etc..

> > >

> > > can you link me a full build for wvw with power reaper?

> > >

> > > i was thinking of trying this build tonight:

> > >

> > > http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AG3A0bilcBDKA0AKAUbh1QzK+KmFHjA-jFSBAB0s/Ae6GW4gAQp6PmpEcjLAQXK/A4JAEAAB4m3Mb2mB38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3sUARMZD-w

> > Do you plan to join the public zerg? Then the build is okay.

> >

> > I am asking this because it needs heavy support as it lacks two things:

> > - burst to get rid of roamers and

> > - sustain if you plan to do smallscale roaming and need to survive a focus by 3 targets for a few seconds until your group dealt with them.

>

> I can never get into zergs, so i follow them around when they're there and if not, i like to roam around and fight who comes in my path while trying to cap what i can. So , if you have **a recommendation on a roaming build**, and one on a zerging build that'd be awesome.

To be honest I am having a hard time to recommend builds for beginners as I play the game for 6 years now. I lost the sense for what's easy to play for a beginner. Also I change my build pretty often depending what I run into the most in the current matchup (one week you run into soulbeasts 24/7, the next week power shatter mesmers are all over the place...).

I can give you a viable roaming (solo and smallscale) base build based on Spite/SR/Reaper to modify at will:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAXxmc0g12A0bildBj6KcGAF1EAiji2iA-jVxHQBMUJ430FAgnAw/U+9O1fEDQVA-w

The missing stuff:

- offhand weapon: Warhorn and Focus are both viable (when you run Focus, consider Spectral Walk / when you run Warhorn, consider Spectral Grasp)

- the two remaining utility skills: pick two of the following, depending on the matchup: Well of Power, Spectral Grasp, Spectral Walk, Plague Signet, "Suffer!", Corrupt Boon ... and to a lesser extent and in very specific scenarios: "NCSY!", Flesh Wurm, Corrosive Poison Cloud

- Spite traits: Chill of Death for burst / Awaken the Pain combined with Chilling Victory and Blighter's Boon for sustain

- SR traits: Death Perception for burst / Foot in the Grave for sustain

- Reaper traits: Chilling Victory for synergy with Awaken the Pain and Blighter's Boon / Decimate Defenses for more damage when picking Foot in the Grave

- the second sigil: "Hydromancy" for shroud burst (entering shroud counts as a weapon swap), "Air" for general burst, "Strengh" for dps, LF gain and sustain

- rune: I run "Scholar" runes most of the time as it boosts your opening burst (the 90% threshold applies to HP and not Life Force - this means you have the buff as long as you are in shroud above 90% HP, while your LF is irrelevant), you can also go for "Strength" or "Durability".

Modifications of this build should give you a good chance against everything, except well played Longbow Soulbeasts and Druids in open field. These are your hardcounters which you can't beat in open field. Also notice that most roaming specs can run away from you. Never chase them! You can only lose as you waste ressources on long cooldowns. If your target runs away, don't become greedy, be smart and get cover or high ground to make it impossible for them to range attack you or teleport to you or to trick their A.I. (mesmer clones and ranger pets have horrible path finding).

You can buy a cheaper version of the endurance food (+30% regeneration) with the WvW Permanent Portable Provisioner.

I recommend using Mighty WvW Infusions, if you own ascended gear and don't need the slots for fractals.

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCtbilbC22A0biFcBjqL0G+CQDgAwBIuKuFDjA-jVSBQBb4CAgHNC7b/hFcQAAwTAIf6CMpSwuo8Lhq/EAAB4m3Mb2mBazbezbezbezbezbWKgV3aB-w

> Roamer build. I've seen some reapers use spectral grasp, but it's a gimmick at best, rarepy lands a 2nd time if the fight even lats that long. Swap to spiteful renewal and take consume condi/plague sig vs condi heavy foes.

>

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW3dnk0A12g10A+0A0biFcBLuKuFDjTZhmQVAaAEAOAA-jFSBQBdR53COIA5T3AAeCA7b/BTqEUDXAgEq+TAAEgwmtZg28m38m38m38m38mlCY1tWA-w

> Something for zergs, focus on bombing with well of corrupt for boon rip, and cttb with wars when they bubble.

thanks for taking the time to do this for me appreciate it. I'll give this a whirl tonight.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"taconight.3167" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > @"taconight.3167" said:

> > > > I am new to the game and started with Necro, after reading how bad they are i ditched it for just about every other class. I really don't care what people's opinion is on it anymore. I love the class, the style and everything about reaper. My big issues though are what to run in pvp in terms of traits, stats, etc..

> > > >

> > > > can you link me a full build for wvw with power reaper?

> > > >

> > > > i was thinking of trying this build tonight:

> > > >

> > > > http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AG3A0bilcBDKA0AKAUbh1QzK+KmFHjA-jFSBAB0s/Ae6GW4gAQp6PmpEcjLAQXK/A4JAEAAB4m3Mb2mB38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3sUARMZD-w

> > > Do you plan to join the public zerg? Then the build is okay.

> > >

> > > I am asking this because it needs heavy support as it lacks two things:

> > > - burst to get rid of roamers and

> > > - sustain if you plan to do smallscale roaming and need to survive a focus by 3 targets for a few seconds until your group dealt with them.

> >

> > I can never get into zergs, so i follow them around when they're there and if not, i like to roam around and fight who comes in my path while trying to cap what i can. So , if you have **a recommendation on a roaming build**, and one on a zerging build that'd be awesome.

> To be honest I am having a hard time to recommend builds for beginners as I play the game for 6 years now. I lost the sense for what's easy to play for a beginner. Also I change my build pretty often depending what I run into the most in the current matchup (one week you run into soulbeasts 24/7, the next week power shatter mesmers are all over the place...).

>

> I can give you a viable roaming (solo and smallscale) base build based on Spite/SR/Reaper to modify at will:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAXxmc0g12A0bildBj6KcGAF1EAiji2iA-jVxHQBMUJ430FAgnAw/U+9O1fEDQVA-w

>

> The missing stuff:

> - offhand weapon: Warhorn and Focus are both viable (when you run Focus, consider Spectral Walk / when you run Warhorn, consider Spectral Grasp)

> - the two remaining utility skills: pick two of the following, depending on the matchup: Well of Power, Spectral Grasp, Spectral Walk, Plague Signet, "Suffer!", Corrupt Boon ... and to a lesser extent and in very specific scenarios: "NCSY!", Flesh Wurm, Corrosive Poison Cloud

> - Spite traits: Chill of Death for burst / Awaken the Pain combined with Chilling Victory and Blighter's Boon for sustain

> - SR traits: Death Perception for burst / Foot in the Grave for sustain

> - Reaper traits: Chilling Victory for synergy with Awaken the Pain and Blighter's Boon / Decimate Defenses for more damage when picking Foot in the Grave

> - the second sigil: "Hydromancy" for shroud burst (entering shroud counts as a weapon swap), "Air" for general burst, "Strengh" for dps, LF gain and sustain

> - rune: I run "Scholar" runes most of the time as it boosts your opening burst (the 90% threshold applies to HP and not Life Force - this means you have the buff as long as you are in shroud above 90% HP, while your LF is irrelevant), you can also go for "Strentgh" or "Durability".

>

> Modifications of this build should give you a good chance against everything, except well played Longbow Soulbeasts and Druids in open field. These are your hardcounters which you can't beat in open field. Also notice that most roaming specs can run away from you. Never chase them! You can only lose as you waste ressources on long cooldowns. If your target runs away, don't become greedy, be smart and get cover or high ground to make it impossible to range attack you or teleport to you for them or to trick their A.I. (mesmer clones and ranger pets have horrible path finding).

>

> You can buy a cheaper version of the endurance food (+30% regeneration) with the WvW Permanent Portable Provisioner.

> I recommend using Mighty WvW Infusions, if you own ascended gear and don't need the slots for fractals.

thanks for the tips, and thought out post. I can't wait to try some of this tonight in wvw. Hopefully, i'll muster the courage to do spvp soon. I want to learn my necro inside and out first.

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"taconight.3167" said:

> > > I am new to the game and started with Necro, after reading how bad they are i ditched it for just about every other class. I really don't care what people's opinion is on it anymore. I love the class, the style and everything about reaper. My big issues though are what to run in pvp in terms of traits, stats, etc..

> > >

> > > can you link me a full build for wvw with power reaper?

> > >

> > > i was thinking of trying this build tonight:

> > >

> > > http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnMbCt0g10AG3A0bilcBDKA0AKAUbh1QzK+KmFHjA-jFSBAB0s/Ae6GW4gAQp6PmpEcjLAQXK/A4JAEAAB4m3Mb2mB38m38m38m1m38m38m38m38m3sUARMZD-w

> > Do you plan to join the public zerg? Then the build is okay.

> >

> > I am asking this because it needs heavy support as it lacks two things:

> > - burst to get rid of roamers and

> > - sustain if you plan to do smallscale roaming and need to survive a focus by 3 targets for a few seconds until your group dealt with them.

>

> I can never get into zergs, so i follow them around when they're there and if not, i like to roam around and fight who comes in my path while trying to cap what i can. So , if you have a recommendation on a roaming build, and one on a zerging build that'd be awesome.

Try this for zerging:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAWRnc0A10gt0A22A0bilcBj6MsGaWQBgGwKIuK2FHjA-j1CEQBTStiit/AAeAAP4SA4PVVcoSEpoMwd6CuoSLIcEACkSQSBs6kN-w

High hp-pool, great dmg. Switch out energy for force sigils.

But depends on your zerg healing and supporting you with boons. Especially fury.