[Suggestion] Complete all the incomplete weapon skin sets!

Gav.1425

> @"Gav.1425" said:

> 6 years and still no pink ghostly staff!

>

> Mistforged Obsidian, etc, etc..

>

> Name your desired incomplete weapon skin sets.

Not only a pink ghostly staff; the lack of a proper pink ghostly dagger has been a thorn in my soul for many years... :(

Years ago, I made a thread asking can they make other "Ectoplasm weapons" A longbow/shortbow for instance.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ectoplasm_weapons

Back then some of the posters were flat out against it because the original ectoplasm weapons are mesmer clone weapons, and they disliked the idea of more of them being made even though they would just be to serve as skins for players. I think some of them seemed to have the idea I was asking to give mesmer clones new weapons.

• 1 month later...

> @"Lambent.6375" said:

> Years ago, I made a thread asking can they make other "Ectoplasm weapons" A longbow/shortbow for instance.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ectoplasm_weapons

>

> Back then some of the posters were flat out against it because the original ectoplasm weapons are mesmer clone weapons, and they disliked the idea of more of them being made even though they would just be to serve as skins for players. I think some of them seemed to have the idea I was asking to give mesmer clones new weapons.

At least for me, I like the idea of a set of weapons that just matches something else in game. In this case, there are no mesmer clones with bows, so no need for weapons to match the style. And, again, speaking for me, I dislike the idea that every weapon set needs 16 or 19 weapons. I'd rather see more themes that only apply to a subset. So for me, many of these sets already are "complete," just in a different sense of the word.

So if the suggestion was instead to create a set of just artificer weapon skins or just huntsman ones, I'd be up for that. But just adding skins for the sake of one idea of "completion"? No, thanks.

I think there is a possibility of new spirit weapons, phantasm/ectoplasm weapons, or even summoned weapons, but they'd need a reason to implement new ones. When new e-specs come out they like to take mechanics from one class and loan it to another. So if we ever see future e-specs give clones, or spirit weapons and the like to other classes, there's a chance we'll get new weapons in those sets.

As for Caladbolg, similarly, I think they'd need a reason to add new forms. Maybe if we ever meet Malyck's tree, she might have her own version of Caladbolg with new forms, but otherwise the outlook for new Sylvari content isn't great.

> @"Lord Dumpling.7914" said:

> second that, i would absolutely LOVE to see more regrown caladbolg forms! ive been longing for a caladbolg staff ever since the side story came out

I'm going to use the [bramblethorne](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Bramblethorne.jpg "Bramblethorne") staff as a stand-in for Caladbolg-in-staff-form. It's not the same, obviously, but it looks...*somewhat* similar. Ish. I'll just pretend. :( I'd still love an actual Caladbolg staff...or warhorn or rifle or whatever other weapons are missing from the Caladbolg forms.