Long-term plans for AP rewards?

Note; This post is about achievement points/ranks and will be irrelevant to anyone who does not care about them.

Currently, players get [rewards for obtained achievement points](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards "rewards for obtained achievement points") to a maximum of 60,000. With the daily/monthly AP cap at 15,000 and the #1 ranked player of the EUR servers (Eil.9385) at [38,246](https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/achievements "38,246"), and the 50% percentile at just around 300, this is still very far away.

For myself: I consider myself to be an AP hunter and I reached the 25,000 mark this week. Quite a big number but nowhere near the 60,000. Especially when you consider that I will be reaching the 15,000 AP cap this year and that the next 25,000 will be much, much more difficult without the dailies. Considering that it took me around 4000 hours to obtain a bit over 10,000 real, non daily AP I see the 60,000 mark as a near impossible goal, even when you consider future expansions with future AP rewards.

* Do you have any long-term plans on how players will be able to reach this high level? Do you mind sharing these with us?

* Will there be enough leeway for AP hunters who for example may be not into WvW or PvP very much to still reach this rank?

* When a player would start playing **today** and keeps playing Guild Wars 2 to the end, would he/she be able to get this highest 60,000 rank? Considering that a considerable number of achievements are linked to old content like previous festivals and Living World season 1?

* Some [suggestions](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/202581/#Comment_202581 "suggestions") have been made to change the daily AP cap from 15,000 to a system with diminishing returns or remove it altogether. However, I haven't seen any ArenaNet replies on these suggestions so I'm still very much interested what the devs would think if something like this.

I wanted to ask some questions regarding ap also, so ill just post them here to avoid making new topic.

1. Are there any plans to rebalance any achievements regarding how much ap they give ? The amount of ap achievments give has extremly descreased overtime and made ap hunting alot more "slow" and dismotivating. Those backpieces and everything else are years away at this rate.

3. Have you been thinking of any way to introduce the "historical ap" somehow to the players that missed out on it ? I made a topic regarding it a while ago. Would be glad if you could check it out!

4. Are there any plans to rebalance any extremly grindy achievments which are realy hard to get these days ? Like EOTM captures, Keg Brawl wins, PvP Ranked Wins etc. There are more but these are the ones that came up on my mind first.

Number 2. is honestly extremly imporant imo. Newer players are at an insane disadvantage due to it, so i belive there should be a new source to regain those unavailable points. This is also keeping alot of players to just not bother with ap, since they cannot compete with those that did not miss out on them

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> I wanted to ask some questions regarding ap also, so ill just post them here to avoid making new topic.

>

> 1. Are there any plans to rebalance any achievements regarding how much ap they give ? The amount of ap achievments give has extremly descreased overtime and made ap hunting alot more "slow" and dismotivating. Those backpieces and everything else are years away at this rate.

This has come up in previous AMC's and feedback threads with no response yet. I'd be very interested to hear more on this, their approach to current AP and plans for the future of the reward system. Outside of festivals, it feels somewhat neglected

The rewards aren't going up to 60k consistently, some stop at 45k, there are no more armor skins at that point. And Pinnacle skins stop at 57k once you get every single one of them. Further the 50% percentile is bad comparison as most of that includes the millions of players that bought the game on release and then stopped playing and of course the loads of bots and gold sellers that we used to ban every day. To prove that point, 90% starts at around 3k AP. So from 3k up to 38246 it's the 90%

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> They need to overhaul the AP armor and backpacks, they look horrible for the amount of effort required (and also stuck in year 2012/13 design choices). So much effort should not leave you with something that looks objectively worse than 5-10 dollar gemstore stuff.

I think they look nice but dye channels on them would definitely be a welcome upgrade.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > They need to overhaul the AP armor and backpacks, they look horrible for the amount of effort required (and also stuck in year 2012/13 design choices). So much effort should not leave you with something that looks objectively worse than 5-10 dollar gemstore stuff.

>

> I think they look nice but dye channels on them would definitely be a welcome upgrade.

Really? Especially the backpacks look objectively worse than most of the ascended/legendary options that already exist. Even some exotics are better. The missing dye slots on the armor is just the tip of the iceberg.