Does PoF need meta events and/or world boss fights?

Evil.1580

I think the bounties will be enough once they had a few more Legendaries, right now there aren't enough of them, and they need to be in more areas with lots of surrounding enemies, that would make them almost a map-wide meta in themselves as not only would you need people to kill the bounty but you'd need people to kill all of the other creatures as well.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> Does it matter ?

>

> Gamers will always take the path of least resistance to achieve their end goals. Meta's or Not the game will continue on and people will find out where to go when so long as there's an incentive for them to do it.

>

> I can guarantee this is the case and so could Anet by removing all rewards and titles from Tarrir, and completely dumpstering the SilverWastes to be 1 chest per day per account. If said things happened you'd see people move to whatever the next IT spot is.

People do meta maps not only for gold farm, but for the HoT legendary farms. You need the currency for the HoT legendary, and seeing how they're still many HoT legendaries behind, HoT maps will be relevant over PoF for quite a while.

> @Conncept.7638 said:

> Voting for number five just because it seems like you put that on there just to be a kitten. Just because people don't rush through the maps to the point that this content will suffice them for quite a while, doesn't mean they're some kind of mentally incapacitated person that deserves to be mocked about how long they take to go through content.

The options in the Poll are comments from players in threads about this. There are people that actually play like this, that is why I have added it.

• 7 months later...

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> Just wanted to check, hows the expansion going?

> What are the meta things people do these days (as I haven't played since October)?

> Anything big added?

LWS4 added two zones with metas, one of which is generally thought to be the current best money grind, so that gets done.

Other than that, HoT metas seem more populated than ever.

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > Just wanted to check, hows the expansion going?

> > What are the meta things people do these days (as I haven't played since October)?

> > Anything big added?

> LWS4 added two zones with metas, one of which is generally thought to be the current best money grind, so that gets done.

> Other than that, HoT metas seem more populated than ever.

This sounds interesting!

I have logged only to get the free seasons so I can play later but best money grind and new meta?

How is the meta compared to HoT metas? Anything spectacular required a lot of people?

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"Goettel.4389" said:

> > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > Just wanted to check, hows the expansion going?

> > > What are the meta things people do these days (as I haven't played since October)?

> > > Anything big added?

> > LWS4 added two zones with metas, one of which is generally thought to be the current best money grind, so that gets done.

> > Other than that, HoT metas seem more populated than ever.

>

> This sounds interesting!

>

> I have logged only to get the free seasons so I can play later but best money grind and new meta?

>

> How is the meta compared to HoT metas? Anything spectacular required a lot of people?

The big moneymaker is the Palawadan meta (and the Great Hall meta to a lesser extend) in Domain of Istan. It's not especially hard but squads commonly fill up with 50 people, so with a bit of scaling it's still fun, but there's little coordination involved. To me though, the HoT metas are a lot more fun as there's three metas working up to the final one: you do the metas in Verdant Brink Auric Basin and Tangled Depths to collect the three respective currencies needed to buy 'machetes' for the final Dragon's Stand meta. In total, it's a 2-3 hour run over four well populated zones. Another meta which is always popular and considered by some to be close to Palawadan in profitability is the 'RIBA' Silverwastes meta, which is also a lot of fun.

Every one of the Pof maps has a meta event so I'm still not even sure what this poll is asking, they just all have issues that make it so they don't garner the attention of the games other metas; terrible rewards or enormous population requirements or any number of other things. As for world bosses, I wouldn't mind seeing one more, but one in every map would be major overkill.

It's simply sad the best maps (in terms of design) in GW2 being a wasteland. You can easily find people doing Auric, TD, DS but not in PoF maps. I am not sure it is the lack of meta events the problem. I mean you have the "Maws of Torment" in Deso but no people go after it anymore. It's just that an empty map isn't attractive to players.

There are things that could be done. One that comes in mind is the Treasure Hunting Kits who we all have stacked, because the 'hunting system' is kinda time consuming and not worth the effort. Bounties could also be buffed and add Funerary Incenses to the Legendary ones instead of having them tied to the Vabbi hearts. And I am sure there are more ideas to bring the people back.

Necroed thread, and in part it's been shown that the meta-events came with the LS4 maps.

None of the options above are a good answer from my perspective. The bounties and existing meta-events _could_ have been enough but there are some scaling problems.

For bounties to work consistently, they need to scale down to be soloable. They'd be very hard, obviously, but there's so many of them you won't find someone willing to join in every time, so it needs to be _possible_ to solo them.

There are a few meta-events but they don't see much playtime. I'm not sure if maybe they take too long for the reward you get, or if there's a separate problem. Serpent's Ire still needs the CC bars to be toned down radically - if people are going to play this, it needs to be possible to carry the players who don't have much CC output. To date, I have only seen this event succeed once, and that needed a full map queue.