The next Revenant elite spec...

Hylox.9746

Dervish seems to be a good fit, but that's besides the point. I don't care what it is just as long as we get a movement trait/skill that's permanent and better condi cleanse. the weapon is preferably the greatsword... kinda seems silly to me that rev doesn't have gs at this point, but that might be just me. about the movement trait/skill, i know we have mounts... but they are not available in WvW [not to mention that mounts would break WvW] and it's hard to keep up with everyone if you are using renegade, so the obvious choice is to use herald in WvW. the movement speed trait\skill can be 25%, it doesn't have to be 33% like herald, so it's just enough to keep up but also gives herald still a solid choice to play

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> Let's root for this suggestion from a player instead:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47611/e-spec-suggestion-broodslayer/p1

sounds pretty good to me, but still doesn't solve the movement speed problem in WvW. maybe they could update impossible odds for WvW to -6 from -8 energy regen and reduce the bonus damage to compensate

> @"Hylox.9746" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > Let's root for this suggestion from a player instead:

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47611/e-spec-suggestion-broodslayer/p1

>

> sounds pretty good to me, but still doesn't solve the movement speed problem in WvW. maybe they could update impossible odds for WvW to -6 from -8 energy regen and reduce the bonus damage to compensate

I'm not a revenant expert but I think there is already a few way to gain this mobility:

- herald: by taking glint's legend and using the _facet of element_ (perma swiftness)

- Blasting the dwarf area of effect _inspiring reinforcement_

- The inspiration traitline with _spirit boon_ (for kalla) and _rapid flow_ for everybody.

- The quoted spec also have an upkeep skill that grant swiftness

I won't say that it's ideal but in a lot of way that's as much as guardians have at least maybe even a bit more.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Hylox.9746" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > Let's root for this suggestion from a player instead:

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47611/e-spec-suggestion-broodslayer/p1

> >

> > sounds pretty good to me, but still doesn't solve the movement speed problem in WvW. maybe they could update impossible odds for WvW to -6 from -8 energy regen and reduce the bonus damage to compensate

>

> I'm not a revenant expert but I think there is already a few way to gain this mobility:

> - herald: by taking glint's legend and using the _facet of element_ (perma swiftness)

> - Blasting the dwarf area of effect _inspiring reinforcement_

> - The inspiration traitline with _spirit boon_ (for kalla) and _rapid flow_ for everybody.

>

> I won't say that it's ideal but in a lot of way that's as much as guardians have at least maybe even a bit more.

like i said in my original post... herald is obvious choice for WvW because of perma swiftness for keeping up with the group. impossible odds helps a little bit but in WvW it has a -8 energy regen while in PvE it's -6, and default energy is 50 while not in combat which only lets you sustain IO for 5-8 seconds because you degen your energy too fast. and renegade energy costs are pretty high and you need to be in 900-600 units for renegade skills to be effective. for WvW herald power hammer build is the only viable build currently for the rev. i play rev a lot i use renegade for pve due to access to lots of aoes and herald for WvW for perma swiftness. just to be clear, swiftness doesn't really help that much during combat. you need to be fast to keep up with the group or you become an easy target for gankers

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47611/e-spec-suggestion-broodslayer/p1

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

Me likes that idea too.

> @"Hylox.9746" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"Hylox.9746" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > Let's root for this suggestion from a player instead:

> > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47611/e-spec-suggestion-broodslayer/p1

> > >

> > > sounds pretty good to me, but still doesn't solve the movement speed problem in WvW. maybe they could update impossible odds for WvW to -6 from -8 energy regen and reduce the bonus damage to compensate

> >

> > I'm not a revenant expert but I think there is already a few way to gain this mobility:

> > - herald: by taking glint's legend and using the _facet of element_ (perma swiftness)

> > - Blasting the dwarf area of effect _inspiring reinforcement_

> > - The inspiration traitline with _spirit boon_ (for kalla) and _rapid flow_ for everybody.

> >

> > I won't say that it's ideal but in a lot of way that's as much as guardians have at least maybe even a bit more.

>

> like i said in my original post... herald is obvious choice for WvW because of perma swiftness for keeping up with the group. impossible odds helps a little bit but in WvW it has a -8 energy regen while in PvE it's -6, and default energy is 50 while not in combat which only lets you sustain IO for 5-8 seconds because you degen your energy too fast. and renegade energy costs are pretty high and you need to be in 900-600 units for renegade skills to be effective. for WvW herald power hammer build is the only viable build currently for the rev. i play rev a lot i use renegade for pve due to access to lots of aoes and herald for WvW for perma swiftness. just to be clear, swiftness doesn't really help that much during combat. you need to be fast to keep up with the group or you become an easy target for gankers

Sorry for the double post, but I had to question keeping up with the WvW groups without herald. I run renegade myself and have no problems keeping up with the Zerg. In fact, I’m usually right there alongside the leader. All you need is malyx and Shiro. Use malyx for the leap, run out of stamina then switch to Shiro for target porting and impossible odds. If you’re using sword offhand, use 5 too. There’s plenty of non enemy targets for those. Rinse and repeat, and when you feel an engagement coming up, you can swap out your preferred legends before hand. Or as soon as you’ve caught up to the tag, switch them then.

Dervish is a holy warrior and thematically is heavily tied to Human Gods, so no, it's not a good fit. And even If they wanted to add Dervish somehow they would have done it with PoF. And when it comes to greatsword, we don't need it as we can already use swords and staff as melee weapons so it wouldn't bring anything new.

> @"Elric.4713" said:

> Dervish is a holy warrior and thematically is heavily tied to Human Gods, so no, it's not a good fit. And even If they wanted to add Dervish somehow they would have done it with PoF. And when it comes to greatsword, we don't need it as we can already use swords and staff as melee weapons so it wouldn't bring anything new.

1) dervi channel the power of the gods becoming avatars of them, revenants channel the power of legends invoking their powers... by learning the powers of the dervi, revs could in theory become avatars of their legends i.e. invoking shiro as a dervish could let you become him, albeit temporary... well that's what i was thinking anyway.

2) with that kind of thinking [adding new weapon types with elite spec] then there is no point to giving any weapon type to any profession with elite specs, it's needless padding and redundant that serves no actual purpose than saying hey my x class can now equip weapon type y it would just make balancing for the devs that much harder so why bother doing it at all with that mentality, no offence

> @"Hylox.9746" said:

> > @"Elric.4713" said:

> > Dervish is a holy warrior and thematically is heavily tied to Human Gods, so no, it's not a good fit. And even If they wanted to add Dervish somehow they would have done it with PoF. And when it comes to greatsword, we don't need it as we can already use swords and staff as melee weapons so it wouldn't bring anything new.

>

> 1) dervi channel the power of the gods becoming avatars of them, revenants channel the power of legends invoking their powers... by learning the powers of the dervi, revs could in theory become avatars of their legends i.e. invoking shiro as a dervish could let you become him, albeit temporary... well that's what i was thinking anyway.

> 2) with that kind of thinking [adding new weapon types with elite spec] then there is no point to giving any weapon type to any profession with elite specs, it's needless padding and redundant that serves no actual purpose than saying hey my x class can now equip weapon type y it would just make balancing for the devs that much harder so why bother doing it at all with that mentality, no offence

Well not exactly, dervishs were mainly characters that channel the power of earth and wind. They just happened, as human, to have a tie with human gods. There were plenty of monsters with dervish powers that weren't using skills related to god nor any kind of avatar. Ultimately I think a dervish profession would not end up being a profession that rely heavily on channeling someone's other power.

On the the contrary, making use of an external entity's power is something tightly related to the ritualist, a profession tightly bound to a cult of the ancestors, afterlife and spiritual realm. Which somehow fit with what the revenant do.

We could however cut the apple in two and say that the revenant is already a mix of both the ritualist and the dervish. But I still think that the avatar thing of the dervish was a very small, yet stricking, part of the profession.

• 3 months later...

I thought Revenant already was a combination of Dervish and Ritualist. I think Dervish was represented as the Demon Stance, Monk was Centaur Stance, Paragon was Dwarf Stance, Assassin with Assassin Stance, and Ritualist the over arching theme of the class. With Renegade, Ritualist was better represented. Was I the only one that noticed this homage.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Revenants needs no greatsword, way too overused. Just tell the truth, you only want to edgelord it up to ten with Twilight.

>

> Also, Reapers pretty much nabbed the dervish niche. having a large two handed weapon, that turns to a scythe in their 'god' form.

A samurai Revenat man!!!! :} the melee slow caster bit with hard hitting and some minor condi.

But i get the feel its will bea torch or some other offhand with gazilions aoes :}

> @"VocalThought.9835" said:

> I thought Revenant already was a combination of Dervish and Ritualist. I think Dervish was represented as the Demon Stance, Monk was Centaur Stance, Paragon was Dwarf Stance, Assassin with Assassin Stance, and Ritualist the over arching theme of the class. With Renegade, Ritualist was better represented. Was I the only one that noticed this homage.

I say Herald was more Paragon than Dwarf