Should Legendary Collections AP rewarded be rescaled?

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:> Negative feedback disguised as a poll is the new black.So you only want people to put 5 star stickers every where on this forum and praise everything Anet is doing?Feedbacks are valuable information that will help a company decide the strategy and direction to head towards, and promote growth, regardless positive or negative.> @"Human Ecology - Basic Concepts for Sustainable Development: Chapter 2 - Populations and Feedback Systems"> Every ecosystem and human social system has numerous positive and negative feedback loops. Both kinds of feedback are essential for survival. Negative feedback provides stability; it keeps important parts of the system within the limits required for proper functioning. Positive feedback provides the capacity to change drastically when necessary.

> People constantly interact with these forces of change and stability. People depend upon negative feedback to ‘take care of things’ and keep everything functioning smoothly most of the time. When people try to improve their situation (‘development’ or ‘solving problems’), they use positive feedback to help make the changes they want. However, in addition to working for people, positive and negative feedback can also work against them. Sometimes people try to improve things or solve a problem, and no matter what they do, there is no improvement because they are working against negative feedback that prevents the changes that they want.

> Other times, people prefer things to stay the way they are, but positive feedback amplifies seemingly harmless actions into changes that they do not want. If we pay attention to the positive and negative feedbacks in our social systems and ecosystems, we can use the feedbacks to our advantage instead of struggling against them.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:> > **GUYS GUYS**, just to be very clear to why I created the post/poll> > > > 1. **Not about getting AP fast, but rather about the consistency of effort/resource to AP ratio; The idea here is to use the example as an initiative to bring consistency across the entire AP system**, it's a b...dy mess across the board, it feels like whenever there's a new set of achievement anet is just throwing a dice to determine how much AP to give out.> > I've had GW2 since pre-launch, but I took 2.5 year haitus after the first 2 weeks, I'm not salty about missing out on retired pre LWS2 achieves.> >

> You say that, but then you keep talking about how long it takes to acquire AP.Quote one post I written above I only talk about time without bringing in ratio.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > **GUYS GUYS**, just to be very clear to why I created the post/poll

> >

> > 1. **Not about getting AP fast, but rather about the consistency of effort/resource to AP ratio; The idea here is to use the example as an initiative to bring consistency across the entire AP system**, it's a b...dy mess across the board, it feels like whenever there's a new set of achievement anet is just throwing a dice to determine how much AP to give out.

> > I've had GW2 since pre-launch, but I took 2.5 year haitus after the first 2 weeks, I'm not salty about missing out on retired pre LWS2 achieves.

>

> Sure seems like it’s about getting AP faster.

>

> In the next quote of yours, you complain about the current system being who has the most time on their hands and say you want an alternative. That alternative would likely be one that requires less time based on your complaint.

>

> Your first post starts off about AP armor and how the AP from legendary collections are a joke. I’m pretty sure that if you didn’t want that armor, you could care less about how much AP the legendary collections provided.

>

> > 2. **The design of the current AP system is purely base on who got the most time on their hand, there is no alternative paths**; You want to reach that sweet.ss 60k AP cap? go play every single game mode till death do you part.

>

> That’s how most of these systems function in games.

>

> > GW1's Title/Achievement system is more well designed and implemented, providing players favouring different game modes with alternative paths to the same goal.

>

> Very different system as the reward was often from completing the achievement itself. There wasn’t really cumulative rewards other than another title.

Go ahead, continue to attack every single point I make and try to bend me to see it from your point of view, because all I read from your feedback is long time consistent players and frequent forum participants should have a superior voice over others.

I can feel others like @"MauChann.3081" would feel their voice is being suppressed.

Everyone, regardless of whether they are new, do not participate in the forum often, should be able to voice their own concerns of the state of the game,

and not feel being suppressed or being attacked by long timers and frequent forum participants on every front when they want to express their own point of view.

This is how i see it: That Radiant Backpack is a carrot, and they don't want you to run out of stick and get it any time soon, because if you do, they'll need a new carrot, which involves work. That's why since they nailed those in the game AP rewards have been consistently lower than previously comparable events/achievements.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > **GUYS GUYS**, just to be very clear to why I created the post/poll

> > >

> > > 1. **Not about getting AP fast, but rather about the consistency of effort/resource to AP ratio; The idea here is to use the example as an initiative to bring consistency across the entire AP system**, it's a b...dy mess across the board, it feels like whenever there's a new set of achievement anet is just throwing a dice to determine how much AP to give out.

> > > I've had GW2 since pre-launch, but I took 2.5 year haitus after the first 2 weeks, I'm not salty about missing out on retired pre LWS2 achieves.

> >

> > Sure seems like it’s about getting AP faster.

> >

> > In the next quote of yours, you complain about the current system being who has the most time on their hands and say you want an alternative. That alternative would likely be one that requires less time based on your complaint.

> >

> > Your first post starts off about AP armor and how the AP from legendary collections are a joke. I’m pretty sure that if you didn’t want that armor, you could care less about how much AP the legendary collections provided.

> >

> > > 2. **The design of the current AP system is purely base on who got the most time on their hand, there is no alternative paths**; You want to reach that sweet.ss 60k AP cap? go play every single game mode till death do you part.

> >

> > That’s how most of these systems function in games.

> >

> > > GW1's Title/Achievement system is more well designed and implemented, providing players favouring different game modes with alternative paths to the same goal.

> >

> > Very different system as the reward was often from completing the achievement itself. There wasn’t really cumulative rewards other than another title.

>

> Go ahead, continue to attack every single point I make and try to bend me to see it from your point of view, because all I read from your feedback is long time consistent players and frequent forum participants should have a superior voice over others.

>

> I can feel others like @"MauChann.3081" would feel their voice is being suppressed.

>

> Everyone, regardless of whether they are new, do not participate in the forum often, should be able to voice their own concerns of the state of the game,

> and not feel being suppressed or being attacked by long timers and frequent forum participants on every front when they want to express their own point of view.

You are free to voice yourself which you have been doing. I’m also free to voice myself too and disagree. This isn’t an echo chamber.

It turns out that I'd be happy if ANet added more AP to existing achievements as I too, am "looking forward to get both Radiant set and Hellfire set unlocked." This would have come up sooner if the justification in the original post wasn't based on the idea that "the AP granted for completing crafting legendary items, ...are a joke."

Adding AP to existing achievement would be of great benefit to me. It would also be good for me if ANet would add achievements for things like unlocking all the ascended skins (because I did that "for fun" even though there's no achievement associated with it). There are any number of chieves and activities that ANet could throw AP at and it would speed up my acquisition of various AP-based rewards.

But, all the same, I can't agree that it's necessary or even a good idea for the game as a whole. As @"ReaverKane.7598" said, once people start obtaining those rewards, ANet will need to add more. And then people will want more AP to get those rewards, and so on.

There's tons of AP in the game and tons more to come. I'm not in a rush to get everything today or even soon. I like having some things to look forward to.

That's my preference and I'm not sure why the OP thinks it's any less valid than their preference for getting more AP for achievements that already exist. I'm not sure why they think that all achievements need to reward similar amounts of AP. I don't know how ANet would assess the amount of effort required for each (since that varies from person to person) or the costs (since that varies from month to month). I don't know how they would find a formula that fits that wouldn't also involve _lowering_ the reward from a number of incredibly easy achievements.

I like that there are chieves that most people don't do, because they don't offer much in the way of reward. I like that some easy ones give a ton of AP. I think it makes the game more interesting.

Idc about the amount of xp, but they do need to consistently introduce more ways to get it, it whatever amount. Once you hit the daily cap you're kind of screwed, but as long as they continue to introduce new avenues -- like the sunken treasure chests, for example -- that's fine . . .

On a side note, I would love an Achievement that would track all the Dynamic Events. I am always looking for incentives to go back exploring (also old content) and the DE's are still my favorite feature of GW2. I would not even care much about the AP, but a nice title(per world region) would be cool.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> I can feel others like @"MauChann.3081" would feel their voice is being suppressed.

>

pretty much how I feel like in this forum anyway and the entirety of the game because there will always be someone who thinks they are "right" regarding any subject including this one :') but it's nice of you to think of me.

Saying "but they are Legendary and they should give more AP" is rather pointless. The difference between legendary weapon achievements and rare collection achievements is that one gives a unique skin reward that also has maximum stats and allows stat swapping. That's the major reward of it, the AP is a simple bonus. The other rare collections do not offer such rewards (mostly simple skins with rare or exotic stats) so it isn't really an apples to apples comparison. The other collections that offer ascended rewards usually include previous collections to get them.

> @"MauChann.3081" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > I can feel others like @"MauChann.3081" would feel their voice is being suppressed.

> >

>

> pretty much how I feel like in this forum anyway and the entirety of the game because **there will always be someone who thinks they are "right" regarding any subject including this one** :') but it's nice of you to think of me.

>

That works both ways though. The best kind of discussion is when you have multiple people with opposing viewpoints presenting arguments to each other for their side. It’s not about trying to suppress someone’s opinion.