[Suggestion] Pegacorn Mount Skin

Pretty sure thats an alicorn (as Starhunter mentioned). At least thats what they call them in MLP.

Anyways. While it sounds cool I just don't see what niece it would have as its own mount, and I don't like the idea of adding mounts just for the sake of it. They need a thing and most things seem to be covered. Ofc. I also thought this before rollerbeetle... so yeah...

Maybe if they make exclusive "skins" to the existing mounts that will have different idle animations, one such thing could be made for the griffon (removing the cat like motions and add something horselike). Would probably cost a ton of gems considering the current exclusive skins are already at 2k gems. Dunno...

Personally don't care to have an alicorn mount either way, but thats just me.

The alicorn does not really fit into my GW2 worldview, what with its horsiness and its standard-fantasy origin and its having little to no lore in the game world.

Griffons may also be a standard fantasy creature, but there are griffons all over Tyria. Raptors, too, even if not much like the mount version. The springers and skimmers are new and unique (as far as I know) and the roller beetles and jackals are apparently based on some GW1 lore. The only hint I know of of any unicorn lore is that Dreamer shortbow.

If another winged mount is coming, my vote is for a flying dolyak.

> @"Zeefa.3915" said:

> Pretty sure thats an alicorn (as Starhunter mentioned). At least thats what they call them in MLP.

>

> Anyways. While it sounds cool I just don't see what niece it would have as its own mount, and I don't like the idea of adding mounts just for the sake of it. They need a thing and most things seem to be covered. Ofc. I also thought this before rollerbeetle... so yeah...

>

> Maybe if they make exclusive "skins" to the existing mounts that will have different idle animations, one such thing could be made for the griffon (removing the cat like motions and add something horselike). Would probably cost a ton of gems considering the current exclusive skins are already at 2k gems. Dunno...

>

> Personally don't care to have an alicorn mount either way, but thats just me.

I didn't say it would be its own mount hun. I said skin for the griffon. =)

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> The alicorn does not really fit into my GW2 worldview, what with its horsiness and its standard-fantasy origin and its having little to no lore in the game world.

>

> Griffons may also be a standard fantasy creature, but there are griffons all over Tyria. Raptors, too, even if not much like the mount version. The springers and skimmers are new and unique (as far as I know) and the roller beetles and jackals are apparently based on some GW1 lore. The only hint I know of of any unicorn lore is that Dreamer shortbow.

>

> If another winged mount is coming, my vote is for a flying dolyak.

So don't buy it. =D

> @"Mokk.2397" said:

> Sounds interesting but I would very much like to see the rainbow phoenix as a mount since its not ever likely to be a ranger pet again.Just a little GW1 nostalgia.

That would be cool. Nothing to stop Anet from making both those skins. ^_^

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> reading the name i initially thought it's gonna be a pegasus with a giant candycorn as its horn :lol:

Alithorn? Mr. Gun Drops. Exclusive mount of the Mad King..... Its also 100ft tall, skeletal form, on fire, and makes a thunderous laughing sound as a whinny.

The associated trophy item texts:

- Burnt Horse brush: Once made from real horse hair, now a smoldering block off wood, the pungent smell of burnt horse hair is the only use this item offers.

- Candy Corn Glue: Heat resistant, moisture resistant, and a touch of cyanide to keep the pests from eatting it. Made from all the finest confections and horses in Tyria, this is what little remains of a special bonding agent said to glue to anything together.

- Candy Horn Mold: Made to shape the largest candy corn in its day, it took the execution of 5 black smiths to find one which would not question its importance.

- Nightmare glider swatch: A scrap of left over material used to craft a flying harness for test horses in an experiment.

- Endangered Species Vol 3 Addendum- Circa 1092AE: "In less then a decade, the already rare genus Equus has rapidly declined in number. If the current trajectory continues, it could realistically become extinct in the Tyrian continent within the next decade. But whats baffling is the cause of their disappearance. Corpses are not being found, and no indications of escape or migration.... yet, there is simply less of them with every census." - Kyrtan Ministry of Live Stock accounting

- Mysterious Note paper: The worn out scarp of paper reads "...... drops?.... terly unsu....sful. F.......r fa...r....ill...n....ated! Per...s we c.....s...lva.....i....mes...."

- Scroll of Effigy Building: Contains instructions on building effigies. Theres a note scribbled on the bottom outlining sugar as a fuel source.

- Book of Symbols: An encyclopedia of various magical symbols and references. Some pages have the corners folded.

- Tiny Saddle: Adorable, but too small to use.

- Vial of Discharged Ectoplasm: Once containing the energy of the dead, now its just a crusty pink slime. Warning: Do not consume!

Coming soon to GW2: Tyrian Gumdrop Massacre

> @"Sadria.6570" said:

> Look guys, if you don't want the purposed skin, no one would be forcing you to buy it. =) It'd be gem store optional.

True but I would probably be forced to look at it as it blinds my character in every city and waypoint across Tyria lol. I hate saying it because I know it sounds like trying to force players to play your way but this is one thing I was glad not to see in guild wars. It's like when I've seen people ask for playable dwarves and elves in the past, or even playable skritt to a lesser extent. I am someone who greatly enjoys the lore of this game and to see someone go flying but on a flying unicorn covered in rainbows when there's no other mention of them in the game, let alone a visible horse in the game, is not something I ever want. It's the same reason I opposed SAB mounts and the branded mounts when they come out, I don't like lorebreaking items. And your right I don't have to buy them but I will have to look at them everywhere I go so that's why I'm strongly on the opposite side of this topic.

> @"Sadria.6570" said:

> ;_; no one else wants a pegacorn?! WHAT?! C'mon folks, it's shiny!

> @"Sadria.6570" said:

> Look guys, if you don't want the purposed skin, no one would be forcing you to buy it. =) It'd be gem store optional.

Sorry, I got the impression you were asking for people's opinions. Perhaps you should have put 'only answer if you agree with me' in your original post.

> @"Sadria.6570" said:

> A pegacorn is a flying unicorn (a combination of the names unicorn and pegasus). I suppose it could just be a gliding one as the griffon in this game. Some of us are unicorn obsessed. I would love to see it have the rainbow after-drift like Bifrost.

ANET could literally take all my money if they made this happen.