Pros and Cons - New Herald

aimz.6287

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"Rashagar.8349" said:

> > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > >I am trying to make a Corruption/Salvation/Herald Minstrel Mallyx/Ventari work...but I dunno if I can do without the stunbreak and other goodies from Invocation.

> >

> > Mallyx/Ventari is the combo I've wanted to make work for the longest time. Mostly from a thematic stand point. It's so hard to cram everything I want into it though.

>

> Is there a build for this ?

Well in terms of stats Marshal can be a good bet.

With rune of perplexity even the tablet movement would apply bling every 3 sec + confusion for 6sec every 15sec and would heal allies :\ so ventari would still "help with condi".

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXlnfNmNSuJzJRHlNlskyoS4S5UJorMsklTlKNAKgH4fEXxZcNGuhfA-jVh1ABAs/wf6DSU9HMVCOpyPA-w

**Its actually a mess :D done it out of the box**, with more theory crafting cuold result on some decent support/condi pressure build

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> Well in terms of stats Marshal can be a good bet.

> With rune of perplexity even the tablet movement would apply bling every 3 sec + confusion for 6sec every 15sec and would heal allies :\ so ventari would still "help with condi".

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXlnfNmNSuJzJRHlNlskyoS4S5UJorMsklTlKNAKgH4fEXxZcNGuhfA-jVh1ABAs/wf6DSU9HMVCOpyPA-w

>

> **Its actually a mess :D done it out of the box**, with more theory crafting cuold result on some decent support/condi pressure build

>

Marshal gear doesn't have concentration though.

I use a mix of shaman and plaguedoctor gear. Plaguedoctor only for the concentration. My Herald sits at 30K HP, and ~ 900 healing power with >60% boon duration

My gear only has condi dmg, vitality, healing power & concentration.

Essentially I'm a condi-healing hybrid.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQJApnnnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8ElFNFyegJshtLIANYNJTpKA-jRyGQBXUJIZVWhG9AKUpytOBAiV1FCpGh52fAAPAAA-e

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"Rashagar.8349" said:

> > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > >I am trying to make a Corruption/Salvation/Herald Minstrel Mallyx/Ventari work...but I dunno if I can do without the stunbreak and other goodies from Invocation.

> >

> > Mallyx/Ventari is the combo I've wanted to make work for the longest time. Mostly from a thematic stand point. It's so hard to cram everything I want into it though.

>

> Is there a build for this ?

I run Ventari/Mallyx with Minstrel's in WvW. Sometimes I'll switch out Mallyx but like Rashagar, it is thematically the most enjoyable legend combo for me so I usually only swap it out of combat for Glint swiftness. It is no Firebrand, but it is fun to run. Positioning is extremely important. I use Minstrel's because support is my primary purpose. I don't take Mallyx for damage, but for the boonstrip and the resistance/condi absorption. Also the Mallyx Facet of Nature is my favorite. Admittedly I feel like my build got nerfed pretty harshly, as the traits I used in Herald are now all gone: superspeed on stunbreak from Swift Gale (extremely helpful paired with Pain Absorption), protection on heal from Bolstered Fortifications, and extra stab stacks from Enhanced Bulwark. Also, less boon duration. I don't feel like I can perform as well as before, but I still like the spec. For traits I always run Salvation and usually Herald. I alternate between Corruption, Retribution, and Invocation for the third legend, but I tend to like Invocation the best. I am questioning if it is even worth it to run Herald, which is sad considering the scope of the balance patch.

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> Pros-

> 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

- 7% Forceful Persistance

- 16-18% Elder's Focus

- 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

- 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

- 8-9% Elder's Focus

- 7% Rising Tide

The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > Pros-

> > 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

>

> This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

>

> Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

> - 7% Forceful Persistance

> - 16-18% Elder's Focus

> - 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

>

> Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

> - 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

> - 8-9% Elder's Focus

> - 7% Rising Tide

>

> The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

>

> All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

It’s not a dps lose... also it’s not 28-29? Post patch.. it’s at least 30.. it’s more than pre herald.

13+4(it’s not a dps lose in the long run)+7+9=33

The reason to keep facet of nature upkeeped is because it does more dmg PER hit.. keeping impossible odds up longer doesn’t make it better for your dps because you need to swap legends. Constantly. Plus not only do you keep facet of nature up for +4% but because you want to support your team with the passive your legend gives. Not using your facet of nature to keep impossible odds up longer is ridiculous. Like I said reasons

1.you constantly swap legends (use invo for 25 extra energy...)

2. Support your team

If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > @"Rashagar.8349" said:

> > > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > >I am trying to make a Corruption/Salvation/Herald Minstrel Mallyx/Ventari work...but I dunno if I can do without the stunbreak and other goodies from Invocation.

> > >

> > > Mallyx/Ventari is the combo I've wanted to make work for the longest time. Mostly from a thematic stand point. It's so hard to cram everything I want into it though.

> >

> > Is there a build for this ?

>

> I run Ventari/Mallyx with Minstrel's in WvW. Sometimes I'll switch out Mallyx but like Rashagar, it is thematically the most enjoyable legend combo for me so I usually only swap it out of combat for Glint swiftness. It is no Firebrand, but it is fun to run. Positioning is extremely important. I use Minstrel's because support is my primary purpose. I don't take Mallyx for damage, but for the boonstrip and the resistance/condi absorption. Also the Mallyx Facet of Nature is my favorite. Admittedly I feel like my build got nerfed pretty harshly, as the traits I used in Herald are now all gone: superspeed on stunbreak from Swift Gale (extremely helpful paired with Pain Absorption), protection on heal from Bolstered Fortifications, and extra stab stacks from Enhanced Bulwark. Also, less boon duration. I don't feel like I can perform as well as before, but I still like the spec. For traits I always run Salvation and usually Herald. I alternate between Corruption, Retribution, and Invocation for the third legend, but I tend to like Invocation the best. I am questioning if it is even worth it to run Herald, which is sad considering the scope of the balance patch.

>

Very cool ty man

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > Pros-

> > > 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

> >

> > This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

> >

> > Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

> > - 7% Forceful Persistance

> > - 16-18% Elder's Focus

> > - 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

> >

> > Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

> > - 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

> > - 8-9% Elder's Focus

> > - 7% Rising Tide

> >

> > The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

> >

> > All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

>

> It’s not a dps lose... also it’s not 28-29? Post patch.. it’s at least 30.. it’s more than pre herald.

>

> 13+4(it’s not a dps lose in the long run)+7+9=33

> The reason to keep facet of nature upkeeped is because it does more dmg PER hit.. keeping impossible odds up longer doesn’t make it better for your dps because you need to swap legends. Constantly. Plus not only do you keep facet of nature up for +4% but because you want to support your team with the passive your legend gives. Not using your facet of nature to keep impossible odds up longer is ridiculous. Like I said reasons

> 1.you constantly swap legends (use invo for 25 extra energy...)

> 2. Support your team

>

> If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

If you’re focused on personal dps then Facet of Nature, even with the 4% bonus, is worse than just keeping up impossible odds. The flat damage from IO is better than the +4% modifier

Using invo for an extra 25 energy is a damage loss for power builds. Additionally FoN’s effects just aren’t strong enough to justify using at the expense of personal dps in raids if your healer/chrono is competent

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

Sometimes extra healing is actually bad for a raid group since you deprive your druid of CA generation... I mean, obviously that's not the case here, cuz Facet of Nature's healing contribution is almost unnoticeable, but jussayin...

Also, if you're playing dps, your job is to dps... Nuff said. If you have access to group healing and support, great, use it in an emergency, use it when someone goes down, use it to save a wipe, that's all good. But you shouldn't be going into a raid wasting your energy on skills that don't actually contribute anything to the group except lowering your dps. An example I see a lot in bad pug groups is you'll have a renegade who's all "gun-ho on helping out with alacrity uptime!," and willingly drops his dps to spam alacrity despite there already being 2 chronos there... It's awesome if a chrono dies to mechanics or something to be able to do that, but if not, you're more just hurting the group.

I mean, maybe you're in a group that needs the tiny bit of healing from shiro and the 10% dmg reduction the other half of the time... Then cool, go for it. But, in most groups those two things are 100% unwanted, so it's generally better to just do as much dps as you can.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

>

> Sometimes extra healing is actually bad for a raid group since you deprive your druid of CA generation... I mean, obviously that's not the case here, cuz Facet of Nature's healing contribution is almost unnoticeable, but jussayin...

>

> Also, if you're playing dps, your job is to dps... Nuff said. If you have access to group healing and support, great, use it in an emergency, use it when someone goes down, use it to save a wipe, that's all good. But you shouldn't be going into a raid wasting your energy on skills that don't actually contribute anything to the group except lowering your dps. An example I see a lot in bad pug groups is you'll have a renegade who's all "gun-ho on helping out with alacrity uptime!," and willingly drops his dps to spam alacrity despite there already being 2 chronos there... It's awesome if a chrono dies to mechanics or something to be able to do that, but if not, you're more just hurting the group.

>

> I mean, maybe you're in a group that needs the tiny bit of healing from shiro and the 10% dmg reduction the other half of the time... Then cool, go for it. But, in most groups those two things are 100% unwanted, so it's generally better to just do as much dps as you can.

Dude what are you talking about lol.. You don’t use Face of nature assassin for healing you use it for dmg for the leeching and the 4% you barely get healing from it if you healers are good..

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

> >

> > Sometimes extra healing is actually bad for a raid group since you deprive your druid of CA generation... I mean, obviously that's not the case here, cuz Facet of Nature's healing contribution is almost unnoticeable, but jussayin...

> >

> > Also, if you're playing dps, your job is to dps... Nuff said. If you have access to group healing and support, great, use it in an emergency, use it when someone goes down, use it to save a wipe, that's all good. But you shouldn't be going into a raid wasting your energy on skills that don't actually contribute anything to the group except lowering your dps. An example I see a lot in bad pug groups is you'll have a renegade who's all "gun-ho on helping out with alacrity uptime!," and willingly drops his dps to spam alacrity despite there already being 2 chronos there... It's awesome if a chrono dies to mechanics or something to be able to do that, but if not, you're more just hurting the group.

> >

> > I mean, maybe you're in a group that needs the tiny bit of healing from shiro and the 10% dmg reduction the other half of the time... Then cool, go for it. But, in most groups those two things are 100% unwanted, so it's generally better to just do as much dps as you can.

>

> Dude what are you talking about lol.. You don’t use Face of nature assassin for healing you use it for dmg for the leeching and the 4% you barely get healing from it if you healers are good..

But using it is a dps loss vs not using it...

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > Pros-

> > > > 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

> > >

> > > This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

> > >

> > > Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

> > > - 7% Forceful Persistance

> > > - 16-18% Elder's Focus

> > > - 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

> > >

> > > Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

> > > - 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

> > > - 8-9% Elder's Focus

> > > - 7% Rising Tide

> > >

> > > The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

> > >

> > > All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

> >

> > It’s not a dps lose... also it’s not 28-29? Post patch.. it’s at least 30.. it’s more than pre herald.

> >

> > 13+4(it’s not a dps lose in the long run)+7+9=33

> > The reason to keep facet of nature upkeeped is because it does more dmg PER hit.. keeping impossible odds up longer doesn’t make it better for your dps because you need to swap legends. Constantly. Plus not only do you keep facet of nature up for +4% but because you want to support your team with the passive your legend gives. Not using your facet of nature to keep impossible odds up longer is ridiculous. Like I said reasons

> > 1.you constantly swap legends (use invo for 25 extra energy...)

> > 2. Support your team

> >

> > If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

>

> If you’re focused on personal dps then Facet of Nature, even with the 4% bonus, is worse than just keeping up impossible odds. The flat damage from IO is better than the +4% modifier

>

> Using invo for an extra 25 energy is a damage loss for power builds. Additionally FoN’s effects just aren’t strong enough to justify using at the expense of personal dps in raids if your healer/chrono is competent

The 4% modifier is in the flat dmg of IO..automatically makes it better

If every hit you use including IOS hits you are doing more dmg over time... because you are constantly doing dps. Your not burst dmging like a engi. You’re constantly throwing the same numbers because all the rotation is, is auto attacking..

Let’s say for example.. the 4% brings 200-800 dmg per hit extra to your attacks.. You land about probably 5 hits in each second. Two auto attacks impossible odds twice and the leeching. Soooo add for example we will go with 400 dmg (to be fair) to each hit 400x4 1600 more dmg each second you fighting a boss for 5-8 mins long... keeping impossible odds up longer and taking an L for not using facet of nature for you and your team plus the 4% from it is stupid beyond belief..

Btw these aren’t real numbers it’s just an example. I’m sure it’s even higher ALSO

You are also basically saying 4% does nothing and is a waste when in fact it’s not. Because you can have IOS up longer, yeah but you want a stronger continuous burst not just a strong IOS 15 second run and then swap to jalis??? That’s dumb.

Also Imagine ranger not bringing the spirits to the party..everyone geeks out over the 5% Druid brings because trust me everyone says Druid>all healers/supports because Druid bring a good spirit game.. sooo why pick Druid over better healers ? Oh right because the 5%... is it worth bringing the Druid for 5% when it’s healing is actually the worst in the game compared to other healers that can do it better than Druid and keep 25 night according to everyone it is... so bringing 4% dmg for the whole fight jalis/IOS/teamsupport.... yes... yes it’s way better

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > > Pros-

> > > > > 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

> > > >

> > > > This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

> > > >

> > > > Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

> > > > - 7% Forceful Persistance

> > > > - 16-18% Elder's Focus

> > > > - 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

> > > >

> > > > Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

> > > > - 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

> > > > - 8-9% Elder's Focus

> > > > - 7% Rising Tide

> > > >

> > > > The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

> > > >

> > > > All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

> > >

> > > It’s not a dps lose... also it’s not 28-29? Post patch.. it’s at least 30.. it’s more than pre herald.

> > >

> > > 13+4(it’s not a dps lose in the long run)+7+9=33

> > > The reason to keep facet of nature upkeeped is because it does more dmg PER hit.. keeping impossible odds up longer doesn’t make it better for your dps because you need to swap legends. Constantly. Plus not only do you keep facet of nature up for +4% but because you want to support your team with the passive your legend gives. Not using your facet of nature to keep impossible odds up longer is ridiculous. Like I said reasons

> > > 1.you constantly swap legends (use invo for 25 extra energy...)

> > > 2. Support your team

> > >

> > > If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

> >

> > If you’re focused on personal dps then Facet of Nature, even with the 4% bonus, is worse than just keeping up impossible odds. The flat damage from IO is better than the +4% modifier

> >

> > Using invo for an extra 25 energy is a damage loss for power builds. Additionally FoN’s effects just aren’t strong enough to justify using at the expense of personal dps in raids if your healer/chrono is competent

>

> The 4% modifier is in the flat dmg of IO..automatically makes it better

>

> If every hit you use including IOS hits you are doing more dmg over time... because you are constantly doing dps. Your not burst dmging like a engi. You’re constantly throwing the same numbers because all the rotation is, is auto attacking..

>

> Let’s say for example.. the 4% brings 200-800 dmg per hit extra to your attacks.. You land about probably 5 hits in each second. Two auto attacks impossible odds twice and the leeching. Soooo add for example we will go with 400 dmg (to be fair) to each hit 400x4 1600 more dmg each second you fighting a boss for 5-8 mins long... keeping impossible odds up longer and taking an L for not using facet of nature for you and your team plus the 4% from it is stupid beyond belief..

>

> Btw these aren’t real numbers it’s just an example. I’m sure it’s even higher ALSO

>

> You are also basically saying 4% does nothing and is a waste when in fact it’s not. Because you can have IOS up longer, yeah but you want a stronger continuous burst not just a strong IOS 15 second run and then swap to jalis??? That’s dumb.

> Also Imagine ranger not bringing the spirits to the party..everyone geeks out over the 5% Druid brings because trust me everyone says Druid>all healers/supports because Druid bring a good spirit game.. sooo why pick Druid over better healers ? Oh right because the 5%... is it worth bringing the Druid for 5% when it’s healing is actually the worst in the game compared to other healers that can do it better than Druid and keep 25 night according to everyone it is... so bringing 4% dmg for the whole fight jalis/IOS/teamsupport.... yes... yes it’s way better

>

Your understanding of the math is a bit flawed, though not entirely wrong. The 4% + IO + lifesteal IS obviously higher than IO without the 4% while you’re able to channel it, but because it runs out so much faster a longer channel of IO is consistently higher dps overall. FoN is a 2kish dps loss that isn’t really made up for with the lifesteal or damage modifier

These are the max damage rotations for power herald now:

h ttps://youtu.be/LI2fqVw3QHc

h ttps://youtu.be/cLMPKKMKass

There isn’t a way to fit in FoN into any rotation and get these numbers :(

Also Druid brings more than 5% dps increase across the entire squad because it hits 10 targets with frost and sun spirit and also hits 5 targets with spotter

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > > > Pros-

> > > > > > 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

> > > > >

> > > > > This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

> > > > >

> > > > > Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

> > > > > - 7% Forceful Persistance

> > > > > - 16-18% Elder's Focus

> > > > > - 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

> > > > >

> > > > > Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

> > > > > - 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

> > > > > - 8-9% Elder's Focus

> > > > > - 7% Rising Tide

> > > > >

> > > > > The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

> > > > >

> > > > > All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

> > > >

> > > > It’s not a dps lose... also it’s not 28-29? Post patch.. it’s at least 30.. it’s more than pre herald.

> > > >

> > > > 13+4(it’s not a dps lose in the long run)+7+9=33

> > > > The reason to keep facet of nature upkeeped is because it does more dmg PER hit.. keeping impossible odds up longer doesn’t make it better for your dps because you need to swap legends. Constantly. Plus not only do you keep facet of nature up for +4% but because you want to support your team with the passive your legend gives. Not using your facet of nature to keep impossible odds up longer is ridiculous. Like I said reasons

> > > > 1.you constantly swap legends (use invo for 25 extra energy...)

> > > > 2. Support your team

> > > >

> > > > If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

> > >

> > > If you’re focused on personal dps then Facet of Nature, even with the 4% bonus, is worse than just keeping up impossible odds. The flat damage from IO is better than the +4% modifier

> > >

> > > Using invo for an extra 25 energy is a damage loss for power builds. Additionally FoN’s effects just aren’t strong enough to justify using at the expense of personal dps in raids if your healer/chrono is competent

> >

> > The 4% modifier is in the flat dmg of IO..automatically makes it better

> >

> > If every hit you use including IOS hits you are doing more dmg over time... because you are constantly doing dps. Your not burst dmging like a engi. You’re constantly throwing the same numbers because all the rotation is, is auto attacking..

> >

> > Let’s say for example.. the 4% brings 200-800 dmg per hit extra to your attacks.. You land about probably 5 hits in each second. Two auto attacks impossible odds twice and the leeching. Soooo add for example we will go with 400 dmg (to be fair) to each hit 400x4 1600 more dmg each second you fighting a boss for 5-8 mins long... keeping impossible odds up longer and taking an L for not using facet of nature for you and your team plus the 4% from it is stupid beyond belief..

> >

> > Btw these aren’t real numbers it’s just an example. I’m sure it’s even higher ALSO

> >

> > You are also basically saying 4% does nothing and is a waste when in fact it’s not. Because you can have IOS up longer, yeah but you want a stronger continuous burst not just a strong IOS 15 second run and then swap to jalis??? That’s dumb.

> > Also Imagine ranger not bringing the spirits to the party..everyone geeks out over the 5% Druid brings because trust me everyone says Druid>all healers/supports because Druid bring a good spirit game.. sooo why pick Druid over better healers ? Oh right because the 5%... is it worth bringing the Druid for 5% when it’s healing is actually the worst in the game compared to other healers that can do it better than Druid and keep 25 night according to everyone it is... so bringing 4% dmg for the whole fight jalis/IOS/teamsupport.... yes... yes it’s way better

> >

>

> Your understanding of the math is a bit flawed, though not entirely wrong. The 4% + IO + lifesteal IS obviously higher than IO without the 4% while you’re able to channel it, but because it runs out so much faster a longer channel of IO is consistently higher dps overall. FoN is a 2kish dps loss that isn’t really made up for with the lifesteal or damage modifier

>

> These are the max damage rotations for power herald now:

> h ttps://youtu.be/LI2fqVw3QHc

>

> h ttps://youtu.be/cLMPKKMKass

>

> There isn’t a way to fit in FoN into any rotation and get these numbers :(

>

> Also Druid brings more than 5% dps increase across the entire squad because it hits 10 targets with frost and sun spirit and also hits 5 targets with spotter

But what im saying is and what I don't think you understand is... The added +4% dmg overall at the ned of the day will either equal or add more dps to the overall dps in the end of the day done. That's what im saying

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > > > > Pros-

> > > > > > > 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

> > > > > > - 7% Forceful Persistance

> > > > > > - 16-18% Elder's Focus

> > > > > > - 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

> > > > > > - 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

> > > > > > - 8-9% Elder's Focus

> > > > > > - 7% Rising Tide

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s not a dps lose... also it’s not 28-29? Post patch.. it’s at least 30.. it’s more than pre herald.

> > > > >

> > > > > 13+4(it’s not a dps lose in the long run)+7+9=33

> > > > > The reason to keep facet of nature upkeeped is because it does more dmg PER hit.. keeping impossible odds up longer doesn’t make it better for your dps because you need to swap legends. Constantly. Plus not only do you keep facet of nature up for +4% but because you want to support your team with the passive your legend gives. Not using your facet of nature to keep impossible odds up longer is ridiculous. Like I said reasons

> > > > > 1.you constantly swap legends (use invo for 25 extra energy...)

> > > > > 2. Support your team

> > > > >

> > > > > If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

> > > >

> > > > If you’re focused on personal dps then Facet of Nature, even with the 4% bonus, is worse than just keeping up impossible odds. The flat damage from IO is better than the +4% modifier

> > > >

> > > > Using invo for an extra 25 energy is a damage loss for power builds. Additionally FoN’s effects just aren’t strong enough to justify using at the expense of personal dps in raids if your healer/chrono is competent

> > >

> > > The 4% modifier is in the flat dmg of IO..automatically makes it better

> > >

> > > If every hit you use including IOS hits you are doing more dmg over time... because you are constantly doing dps. Your not burst dmging like a engi. You’re constantly throwing the same numbers because all the rotation is, is auto attacking..

> > >

> > > Let’s say for example.. the 4% brings 200-800 dmg per hit extra to your attacks.. You land about probably 5 hits in each second. Two auto attacks impossible odds twice and the leeching. Soooo add for example we will go with 400 dmg (to be fair) to each hit 400x4 1600 more dmg each second you fighting a boss for 5-8 mins long... keeping impossible odds up longer and taking an L for not using facet of nature for you and your team plus the 4% from it is stupid beyond belief..

> > >

> > > Btw these aren’t real numbers it’s just an example. I’m sure it’s even higher ALSO

> > >

> > > You are also basically saying 4% does nothing and is a waste when in fact it’s not. Because you can have IOS up longer, yeah but you want a stronger continuous burst not just a strong IOS 15 second run and then swap to jalis??? That’s dumb.

> > > Also Imagine ranger not bringing the spirits to the party..everyone geeks out over the 5% Druid brings because trust me everyone says Druid>all healers/supports because Druid bring a good spirit game.. sooo why pick Druid over better healers ? Oh right because the 5%... is it worth bringing the Druid for 5% when it’s healing is actually the worst in the game compared to other healers that can do it better than Druid and keep 25 night according to everyone it is... so bringing 4% dmg for the whole fight jalis/IOS/teamsupport.... yes... yes it’s way better

> > >

> >

> > Your understanding of the math is a bit flawed, though not entirely wrong. The 4% + IO + lifesteal IS obviously higher than IO without the 4% while you’re able to channel it, but because it runs out so much faster a longer channel of IO is consistently higher dps overall. FoN is a 2kish dps loss that isn’t really made up for with the lifesteal or damage modifier

> >

> > These are the max damage rotations for power herald now:

> > h ttps://youtu.be/LI2fqVw3QHc

> >

> > h ttps://youtu.be/cLMPKKMKass

> >

> > There isn’t a way to fit in FoN into any rotation and get these numbers :(

> >

> > Also Druid brings more than 5% dps increase across the entire squad because it hits 10 targets with frost and sun spirit and also hits 5 targets with spotter

> But what im saying is and what I don't think you understand is... The added +4% dmg overall at the ned of the day will either equal or add more dps to the overall dps in the end of the day done. That's what im saying

>

Proove it, because currently there is no actual evidence to supporting your claim and everyone who has actually published benchmarks so far has written off FoN as not worth the cost.

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> First off it’s pretty Prove. Secondly they can prove it too. Why do I always have to prove something I don’t need to prove. I know what the truth is.. I’m not going to bend my back for people I don’t care about. I do me. I come on here to do me. I tell people things to give other people insight for me because it makes me feel good when I help some people that aren’t ignorant and defensive. I’m not gonna sit here and take all your abuse from y’all comments. Imma do me. If you want ME to prove it. Do exactly what I said. Stop watchig other people and saying “that’s hows it done 100%” maybe they didn’t even try everything. That’s the problem with the people that get offended by other options is that they see one thing on YouTube and it’s automatically the correct build/class/meta. Don’t come at me and tell me to prove it.. I don’t have time to spend for people like you. I wrote what I wrote and if you don’t like it deal with it.> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > > > > > > > Pros-

> > > > > > > > > 1.The dps in pve is absolutely amazing. Impossible odds with the new master trait That gives 13% dmg, and then on top of that the other trait that gives 1% per boon... all I can say is thank you anet. I was hitting 32k on the golem with realistic buffs and on top of that I was getting 25-28k in raids. Such an awesome feeling.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This actually worked out to be somewhat of a wash in end-game PvE...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Prior to patch you got (28-30% modifiers):

> > > > > > > > - 7% Forceful Persistance

> > > > > > > > - 16-18% Elder's Focus

> > > > > > > > - 5% Dmg from Protection Uptime trait (whatever that sort lived thing was called)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Post patch you get (28-29% modifiers):

> > > > > > > > - 13% Forceful Persistance (+4% for Natural Resonance if you do that, although the additional upkeep is actually a dps loss.)

> > > > > > > > - 8-9% Elder's Focus

> > > > > > > > - 7% Rising Tide

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The biggest bonus of it being that your modifiers are less reliant on your chaos chrono's boon spam uptime, since 20% of it rests outside of Elder's Focus/Protection uptime now... So you'll see a bigger increase in inexperienced groups, or with chrono's who refuse to play chaos--but then again, they also fixed the UI targeting bug, so you are no longer able to do the Inspiring Reinforcements multi-hit bug, which will be a dps loss (unless you weren't taking advantage of that before.)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All in all, I'd say the changes leave Herald doing extremely similar numbers in raids, slightly higher ones in fractals, and very noticeably higher numbers when solo.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It’s not a dps lose... also it’s not 28-29? Post patch.. it’s at least 30.. it’s more than pre herald.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 13+4(it’s not a dps lose in the long run)+7+9=33

> > > > > > > The reason to keep facet of nature upkeeped is because it does more dmg PER hit.. keeping impossible odds up longer doesn’t make it better for your dps because you need to swap legends. Constantly. Plus not only do you keep facet of nature up for +4% but because you want to support your team with the passive your legend gives. Not using your facet of nature to keep impossible odds up longer is ridiculous. Like I said reasons

> > > > > > > 1.you constantly swap legends (use invo for 25 extra energy...)

> > > > > > > 2. Support your team

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you’re focused on personal dps then Facet of Nature, even with the 4% bonus, is worse than just keeping up impossible odds. The flat damage from IO is better than the +4% modifier

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Using invo for an extra 25 energy is a damage loss for power builds. Additionally FoN’s effects just aren’t strong enough to justify using at the expense of personal dps in raids if your healer/chrono is competent

> > > > >

> > > > > The 4% modifier is in the flat dmg of IO..automatically makes it better

> > > > >

> > > > > If every hit you use including IOS hits you are doing more dmg over time... because you are constantly doing dps. Your not burst dmging like a engi. You’re constantly throwing the same numbers because all the rotation is, is auto attacking..

> > > > >

> > > > > Let’s say for example.. the 4% brings 200-800 dmg per hit extra to your attacks.. You land about probably 5 hits in each second. Two auto attacks impossible odds twice and the leeching. Soooo add for example we will go with 400 dmg (to be fair) to each hit 400x4 1600 more dmg each second you fighting a boss for 5-8 mins long... keeping impossible odds up longer and taking an L for not using facet of nature for you and your team plus the 4% from it is stupid beyond belief..

> > > > >

> > > > > Btw these aren’t real numbers it’s just an example. I’m sure it’s even higher ALSO

> > > > >

> > > > > You are also basically saying 4% does nothing and is a waste when in fact it’s not. Because you can have IOS up longer, yeah but you want a stronger continuous burst not just a strong IOS 15 second run and then swap to jalis??? That’s dumb.

> > > > > Also Imagine ranger not bringing the spirits to the party..everyone geeks out over the 5% Druid brings because trust me everyone says Druid>all healers/supports because Druid bring a good spirit game.. sooo why pick Druid over better healers ? Oh right because the 5%... is it worth bringing the Druid for 5% when it’s healing is actually the worst in the game compared to other healers that can do it better than Druid and keep 25 night according to everyone it is... so bringing 4% dmg for the whole fight jalis/IOS/teamsupport.... yes... yes it’s way better

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Your understanding of the math is a bit flawed, though not entirely wrong. The 4% + IO + lifesteal IS obviously higher than IO without the 4% while you’re able to channel it, but because it runs out so much faster a longer channel of IO is consistently higher dps overall. FoN is a 2kish dps loss that isn’t really made up for with the lifesteal or damage modifier

> > > >

> > > > These are the max damage rotations for power herald now:

> > > > h ttps://youtu.be/LI2fqVw3QHc

> > > >

> > > > h ttps://youtu.be/cLMPKKMKass

> > > >

> > > > There isn’t a way to fit in FoN into any rotation and get these numbers :(

> > > >

> > > > Also Druid brings more than 5% dps increase across the entire squad because it hits 10 targets with frost and sun spirit and also hits 5 targets with spotter

> > > But what im saying is and what I don't think you understand is... The added +4% dmg overall at the ned of the day will either equal or add more dps to the overall dps in the end of the day done. That's what im saying

> > >

> >

> > Proove it, because currently there is no actual evidence to supporting your claim and everyone who has actually published benchmarks so far has written off FoN as not worth the cost.

>

>

But you're the one who got all antagonistic and offended first when you said, "If you don’t keep facet of nature up in raids your not worth bringing in raids."

Which, like, isn't even true... I gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking that you meant for the utility, because that could be considered true... Since, like, you could make the argument that max dps Herald isn't the most dps you can bring anyways, so you might as well use its utility. But then you just went off the rails about an extra 4% modifier that you can't keep up the entire time being better than having the 13% + channel effects up the entire time, which just isn't true. Even then, you could have made the argument that FoN is better dps for bursting, which *is* technically true, you probably should be using it in Fractal CM's and KC along side your Impact Sigil... But you said it's better sustained dps over a long fight, which is just, sorry, wrong.

You say that it makes you feel good to help people who aren't ignorant and defensive... But you're the one being--by far--the most defensive, and using the least amount of actual information to back up your claims. Which, is actually the opposite of helpful to any new player who might be looking at the forums for tips on how to better their dps/raid presence.

Pros:

* Elevated Compassion & Elder's Respite: These new traits allow Glint to heal allies a bit better than before, making it so you don't lose all healing capability upon swapping out of Ventari.

* Hardening Persistence: The condi cleanse on shield is nice and the decreased damage instead of toughness is more clear/effective.

* The grandmaster line now has competition instead of choosing Elder's Force every time.

* Shining Aspects, Draconic Echo, and True Nature: traits that interact with Glint's Facets, huzzah for Herald's traits finally synergizing with Glint!

* Draconic Fortitude: Some people don't like that this trait is boring, which is valid since it's just a health increase. However, I think it suits Herald's defensive theme better than the endurance from the old trait.

* Facet of Nature: The new unique effects for each legend make the mechanic more useful when not in Glint's stance or if you are not taking Glint at all.

Cons:

* Shield skills were not touched outside of the Hardening Persistence change. They still feel pretty bad.

* Reinforced Potency: The added damage functionality of this meant that it would need to lose some concentration, I'm okay with that. However, halving it was too much. Look at [Compounding Chemicals](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compounding_Chemicals "Compounding Chemicals") on Engineer for example. It has an additional effect with boons and still has a high concentration (+240) value. I think around +180 concentration is a better place for this trait, especially considering Facet of Nature's concentration effect was also reduced.

* Facet of Nature: Increased upkeep feels bad, especially since Glint's boon duration bonus is lower than it was before. Either buff the effects or reduce the upkeep cost (or a little bit of both?).

* Shining Aspects: 3 second cooldown on a not so great heal, doesn't seem like a very useful trait. Also it's the second defensive trait in the Master line and the damage mitigation and cleanse provided by Hardening Persistence will surely always be a better choice than this if you are looking for survivability.

* No update to Shared Empowerment to make it more effective and/or interactive. Increasing the number of affected targets was nice though.

Overall I think this update pushed the Herald line's mechanics to where they need to be, just some of the numbers need to be tweaked and shield needs some attention.

> @"Wahlao.1069" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > Well in terms of stats Marshal can be a good bet.

> > With rune of perplexity even the tablet movement would apply bling every 3 sec + confusion for 6sec every 15sec and would heal allies :\ so ventari would still "help with condi".

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXlnfNmNSuJzJRHlNlskyoS4S5UJorMsklTlKNAKgH4fEXxZcNGuhfA-jVh1ABAs/wf6DSU9HMVCOpyPA-w

> >

> > **Its actually a mess :D done it out of the box**, with more theory crafting cuold result on some decent support/condi pressure build

> >

>

> Marshal gear doesn't have concentration though.

> I use a mix of shaman and plaguedoctor gear. Plaguedoctor only for the concentration. My Herald sits at 30K HP, and ~ 900 healing power with >60% boon duration

> My gear only has condi dmg, vitality, healing power & concentration.

> Essentially I'm a condi-healing hybrid.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQJApnnnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8ElFNFyegJshtLIANYNJTpKA-jRyGQBXUJIZVWhG9AKUpytOBAiV1FCpGh52fAAPAAA-e

>

Q: Why do u want that much boon duration and just 1k power?

What boons are u trying to extend?

My biggest problem with the changes is the loss of Protection from the Herald line, as this was the main thing that synergised Ventari with Herald. Don't get me wrong, some of the new traits are really good for Ventari, but no increase in HPS will ever compare with damage reduction.

Protection uptime is alot of what makes GW2's poor idea of healers effective in PvE. I mean ,what is the point in all those % bonuses and healing for 10-15k when people just get downed in a single hit anyway ? ..There's nothing to heal there.

I feel like these changes were made more for raids than for fractals or open-world, as now I either have to camp Glint or hope the group has another buffer, and at that point i might as well just drop healing and go DPS completely because it will get the job done just as well.

I feel like we're slowly but surely returning to the Zerker meta, version 2.0.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> My biggest problem with the changes is the loss of Protection from the Herald line, as this was the main thing that synergised Ventari with Herald. Don't get me wrong, some of the new traits are really good for Ventari, but no increase in HPS will ever compare with damage reduction.

>

> Protection uptime is alot of what makes GW2's poor idea of healers effective in PvE. I mean ,what is the point in all those % bonuses and healing for 10-15k when people just get downed in a single hit anyway ? ..There's nothing to heal there.

>

> I feel like these changes were made more for raids than for fractals or open-world, as now I either have to camp Glint or hope the group has another buffer, and at that point i might as well just drop healing and go DPS completely because it will get the job done just as well.

>

> I feel like we're slowly but surely returning to the Zerker meta, version 2.0.

I agree. It seems like they really are trying to push Glint as the secondary legend for Ventari. My problem is beyond the boons, the consume skills are all geared more towards offensiveness. So literally all ANet seems to want us to do is just shi out boons for the entirety we are in Glint which is frankly boring as fuck. I wouldn't have as much of an issue with this if Shield was better (more reliable heal and the ability to captilize on traited Shield 5 without setting yourself up for death) and at least one of the consume skills had a supportive feature as well so that we could supplement the boon gen with some active skills.

> @"Wahlao.1069" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > Q: Why do u want that much boon duration and just 1k power?

> > What boons are u trying to extend?

>

> I had the impression you were commenting on gearing a mainly condi support build?

> My build has >1K condi dmg, almost 0 power.

>

>

>

> @"Artyport.2084" said:

> are there no ventari/jallix combos?

> I would think the healing and protection of the two classes would make that work well?

>

Yes and no, actually was tryng to challane myself with @Artyport.2084 comment towards ventary/deamon stance, and used a hybrid build, tried to used the new legend to connect both legends, i didnt used concentration stats cause ventari is direct heals mostly, and usually 2sec of resistance is aceptable in every utility cast, so i tough marshal would be a good bet overall.

But for mass res stack... ofc it would have lots of boon duration but for that i would prefer to go with range hammer direct damage than actually use condi.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Wahlao.1069" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > Q: Why do u want that much boon duration and just 1k power?

> > > What boons are u trying to extend?

> >

> > I had the impression you were commenting on gearing a mainly condi support build?

> > My build has >1K condi dmg, almost 0 power.

> >

> >

> >

>

> > @"Artyport.2084" said:

> > are there no ventari/jallix combos?

> > I would think the healing and protection of the two classes would make that work well?

> >

>

> Yes and no, actually was tryng to challane myself with @Artyport.2084 comment towards ventary/deamon stance, and used a hybrid build, tried to used the new legend to connect both legends, i didnt used concentration stats cause ventari is direct heals mostly, and usually 2sec of resistance is aceptable in every utility cast, so i tough marshal would be a good bet overall.

>

> But for mass res stack... ofc it would have lots of boon duration but for that i would prefer to go with range hammer direct damage than actually use condi.

oopsie i meant Ventari/Jalis ironhammer.

regarding protection gone from herald line i think they want ventari to be more healing focus than boon focus.

also you can have dmg reduction in other ways like stability and 15% reduction, unkeep for 6-9 % dmg reduction, 20% dmg reduction with having resistance

so take retribution line . while have stability 15% less dmg, unkeep with VH another 20% less and another 6% all together is like 36% less dmg

if you take bunker build with herald and jalis you can have more protection and dmg reduction but less healing

this is their concept