Novelties. improvements and ideas.

Chaos.3579

love the new novelties. had a similar idea a while ago so its great to see this. however there are a few simple improvements to the system and to quality of life i would like to see

1) make all of the novelties panel items unlocked have a inventory item purchasable for free from a certain merchant. the main reason for this is some items are more convenient as inventory items you can click. such as the bobble head and aviator goggles. (sadly i converted them to the wardrobe without thinking about it) this would just fix some issues and would be a EASY quality of life change and fix

2) being able to put whatever novelty you wish in to any of the 4 available slots. being able to mix and match which novelty in which slot will allow the player to say have 4 musical instruments equipped. or really whatever they want which i think is a good idea. after all one of the slots has several items which have totally different functionality so i think coding wise this would be a easy change to allow the system to be more flexible.

3) the ability to favorite a certain amount of novelties. then when right clicking the novelty button which will bring up the 4 available slots, to then have the ability to right click said slots and from the Favorited list novelties show up in a row on the right to click and put in to that slot. this will make switching novelties easy without having to go in to a panel. which for certain one time use novelties (say for example trying to use aviator goggles and bobble head or belchers bluff) would make them easier to use.

4) WHERE IS THE TONIC NOVELTIES SECTION! i have 3 bank tabs of nothing but tonics. this is a must ;)

> @"Chaos.3579" said:

> love the new novelties. had a similar idea a while ago so its great to see this. however there are a few simple improvements to the system and to quality of life i would like to see

>

> 1) make all of the novelties panel items unlocked have a inventory item purchasable for free from a certain merchant. the main reason for this is some items are more convenient as inventory items you can click. such as the bobble head and aviator goggles. (sadly i converted them to the wardrobe without thinking about it) this would just fix some issues and would be a EASY quality of life change and fix

>

> 2) being able to put whatever novelty you wish in to any of the 4 available slots. being able to mix and match which novelty in which slot will allow the player to say have 4 musical instruments equipped. or really whatever they want which i think is a good idea. after all one of the slots has several items which have totally different functionality so i think coding wise this would be a easy change to allow the system to be more flexible.

>

> 3) the ability to favorite a certain amount of novelties. then when right clicking the novelty button which will bring up the 4 available slots, to then have the ability to right click said slots and from the Favorited list novelties show up in a row on the right to click and put in to that slot. this will make switching novelties easy without having to go in to a panel. which for certain one time use novelties (say for example trying to use aviator goggles and bobble head or belchers bluff) would make them easier to use.

>

> 4) WHERE IS THE TONIC NOVELTIES SECTION! i have 3 bank tabs of nothing but tonics. this is a must ;)

The blog specifically states tonics are being added later - it is just taking extra time to implement

Also, to avoid your feedback being missed, there is an official thread for it, albeit with a title that doesn't quite make that as obvious as it could https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53069/feedback-8-28-2018-build#latest

It would also be nice if when they add tonics, they also add mystic forge recipes to craft everlasting equivalents for tonics that have no everlasting equivalent, like the Dungeon tonics.

And if they turned all tonics that transform into a creature with mostly player animations (icebrood sons of svanir, inquest, ascalonian ghosts, nightmare court, flame legion, etc) into combat tonics.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> Id like them to add disclaimers on which game mode novelty works in if they are going to sell it in the gemstore. Bought the chair and balloon thing but cant use either of them in wvw.

2nd that...it would be nice to know before spending that 600gem to get the chair.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> And if they turned all tonics that transform into a creature with mostly player animations (icebrood sons of svanir, inquest, ascalonian ghosts, nightmare court, flame legion, etc) into combat tonics.

TBH these should be turned into outfits, no point throwing away all this potential.

Was it an oversight not to include the handheld items from the wintersday costume and mad king costume in the novelties wardrobe? Would really like to dump these out of my bank.

Also, speculations on (and subtle request to) add(ing) a bookshelf in which to put all my assembled journals, tomes, and various reading materials. Pretty please?

> @"Aurelian Omenkind.2470" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > i hope the travel toys get improved so we don't have some static glider stance, it just looks stupid this way.

> > i also hope they will ever add a true electric guitar, can't do much with a bass.

>

> As an amateur bassist for nearly 30 years, I beg to differ. ;)

as a metal head for about 25 years, try me.