Avoid.2807

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses. Also whoever above me was talking about using reaper just no, the damage is high but only if you get into melee range, scourge will do more at range and do more in melee as well since it hits more targets. Until anet nerfs scourges and winds of disenchantment reaper will be a bad choice.

I can't say I fully agree with OP. I think more boon stripping is exactly what WvW needs.

The fact that 15+ player zergs are running around with high stacks/duration of 6+ boons - and that this is considered normal - just goes to show how much power creep has become **normalized** in WvW gameplay.

> @"ClaraFee.2579" said:

> I can't say I fully agree with OP. I think more boon stripping is exactly what WvW needs.

>

> The fact that 15+ player zergs are running around with high stacks/duration of 6+ boons - and that this is considered normal - just goes to show how much power creep has become **normalized** in WvW gameplay.

Hey, power creep is everywhere, not just in WvW, just compare all the game modes now with how they used to be and you will see it's only because of elite specs, not boons.

> @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses.

Many players (EU) are running a celestial build and were already using the Curses traitline over Soul Reaping for the most amount of corrupts as that is arguably the main reason why you take a scourge in WvW anyway. (While still dealing comparable damage)

I'd even argue that in it's current state Devouring Darkness is too strong to not take advantage of.

> @"ClaraFee.2579" said:

> I can't say I fully agree with OP. I think more boon stripping is exactly what WvW needs.

>

> The fact that 15+ player zergs are running around with high stacks/duration of 6+ boons - and that this is considered normal - just goes to show how much power creep has become **normalized** in WvW gameplay.

I personally don't consider such things fine either.

Having said that; I don't think that combating power creep with even more power creep is a good solution.

> @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses. Also whoever above me was talking about using reaper just no, the damage is high but only if you get into melee range, scourge will do more at range and do more in melee as well since it hits more targets. Until anet nerfs scourges and winds of disenchantment reaper will be a bad choice.

ur pretty fucking weird if u think scourge is out dpsing a reaper lol..

reaper is far beyond scourge with dps within a certain time frame maybe over time scourge wins with dps race but not on a burst.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses. Also whoever above me was talking about using reaper just no, the damage is high but only if you get into melee range, scourge will do more at range and do more in melee as well since it hits more targets. Until anet nerfs scourges and winds of disenchantment reaper will be a bad choice.

>

> ur pretty kitten weird if u think scourge is out dpsing a reaper lol..

> reaper is far beyond scourge with dps within a certain time frame maybe over time scourge wins with dps race but not on a burst.

Not even over time, I rarely get out damaged by scourge on reaper. Everything you come into contact with one just explodes right now, just gotta have a comp that can melee ball.

Also scrappers competely counter corruption with purity of purpose, often giving you longer lasting boons than you had to start with

> @"ImperialWL.7138" said:

> > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > If the enemy zerg still has boons after your war bubble dives them, then you need better wars

>

> If your enemies have no boons after only warrior bubbles, then you need to find better enemies.

Assuming they're still alive after cc spams from grav wells and war hammer f1+ the dps from scourge aoes+rev hammer 2, and ele meteors

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> > Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses. Also whoever above me was talking about using reaper just no, the damage is high but only if you get into melee range, scourge will do more at range and do more in melee as well since it hits more targets. Until anet nerfs scourges and winds of disenchantment reaper will be a bad choice.

>

> ur pretty kitten weird if u think scourge is out dpsing a reaper lol..

> reaper is far beyond scourge with dps within a certain time frame maybe over time scourge wins with dps race but not on a burst.

Never said anything about it doing more dps just that it does more in general since it hits 10 targets in melee instead of 5 and is also stronger at range than reaper

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"ImperialWL.7138" said:

> > > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > > If the enemy zerg still has boons after your war bubble dives them, then you need better wars

> >

> > If your enemies have no boons after only warrior bubbles, then you need to find better enemies.

>

> Assuming they're still alive after cc spams from grav wells and war hammer f1+ the dps from scourge aoes+rev hammer 2, and ele meteors

which goes back to the point "you need to find better enemies"

> @"Avoid.2807" said:

> > Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses.

>

> Many players (EU) are running a celestial build and were already using the Curses traitline over Soul Reaping for the most amount of corrupts as that is arguably the main reason why you take a scourge in WvW anyway. (While still dealing comparable damage)

> I'd even argue that in it's current state Devouring Darkness is too strong to not take advantage of.

The damage between celestial scourge and power scourge is not comparable at all, power is far far ahead and adding more corrupts to a condi scourge doesn't do enough to make it worth taking over power scourge.

> @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > @"Avoid.2807" said:

> > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses.

> >

> > Many players (EU) are running a celestial build and were already using the Curses traitline over Soul Reaping for the most amount of corrupts as that is arguably the main reason why you take a scourge in WvW anyway. (While still dealing comparable damage)

> > I'd even argue that in it's current state Devouring Darkness is too strong to not take advantage of.

>

> The damage between celestial scourge and power scourge is not comparable at all, power is far far ahead and adding more corrupts to a condi scourge doesn't do enough to make it worth taking over power scourge.

Well that depends on preference, whether you prefer more burst damage or more corrupts. I'd argue with warriors, revs and weavers there is already an excess of power spike but scourge is the only class providing corrupts.

(I fixed the damage per the API. I didn't have the API ID yesterday when I created the article.)

Anyway, double-checking it seems like it has 2 boons corrupted in PVP and 3 in PVE/WVW.

2 boons is barely anything for WVW: Aegis / Swiftness / Might is easily 3. Fury if there's heralds around. Stability / Vigor / Protection / Resistance / Quickness are less likely due to the shorter windows of uptime. Alacrity isn't going to be up on everyone unless you have a chrono per party or something. I don't think retal has high uptime either.

The issue is when necromancers are hyper stacked , the same situation occurred with scourges.

Right now it is like condi hot potato with scrappers and scourges (Nefarious Favor) , unless you're outright cleansing using Firebrands.

Anyway, it could probably use a higher recharge time in WVW.

> @"ImperialWL.7138" said:

> > > @"Avoid.2807" said:

> > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > Even with the skill being arguably broken you still probably won't take it over staff axe/focus and power scourge. Power scourge got a massive dps increase with the death perception change and is way way stronger then the last patch in which it was already miles ahead of condi scourge. Even with this scepter change condi scourge will still fall behind in dps thanks to the dhuumfire nerf unfortunately. You can already mass corrupt zergs with scourges without running scepter or curses.

> > >

> > > Many players (EU) are running a celestial build and were already using the Curses traitline over Soul Reaping for the most amount of corrupts as that is arguably the main reason why you take a scourge in WvW anyway. (While still dealing comparable damage)

> > > I'd even argue that in it's current state Devouring Darkness is too strong to not take advantage of.

> >

> > The damage between celestial scourge and power scourge is not comparable at all, power is far far ahead and adding more corrupts to a condi scourge doesn't do enough to make it worth taking over power scourge.

>

> Well that depends on preference, whether you prefer more burst damage or more corrupts. I'd argue with warriors, revs and weavers there is already an excess of power spike but scourge is the only class providing corrupts.

Cele boon corrupt only offers two more corrupts per rotation (scepter vs axe, shroud 2 corrupt from curses) or 4 more corrupts if running scepter and axe, but you give up a shitload of damage and your main condi clear from staff to do it.

If the enemy group runs scrappers, those corrupts are essentially worthless due to purity of purpose

> @"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:

> > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > > @"ImperialWL.7138" said:

> > > > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > > > If the enemy zerg still has boons after your war bubble dives them, then you need better wars

> > >

> > > If your enemies have no boons after only warrior bubbles, then you need to find better enemies.

> >

> > Assuming they're still alive after cc spams from grav wells and war hammer f1+ the dps from scourge aoes+rev hammer 2, and ele meteors

>

> which goes back to the point "you need to find better enemies"

That's more up to weekly server matching =P

Okay, you can nerf this as long as you agree to lower damage in WvW and PvP by a significant amount, make it so it's more difficult to maintain every boon in the game at the same time on a large group, and remove all full invulnerability skills. Until then, I'll continue to hold back vomit when a Dragonhunter forces me to burn two stun breaks on my 32k HP Scourge and still burns me in under a second then goes invulnerable to finish me off.

WvW is so horribly mangled that it makes me physically ill, and you want to nerf the Necromancer because its new buff counters an extremely unhealthy issue with the game.

The skill is fine. We have too much boon application and uptime in general (its a really bad design decision as it currently is with basicly permanent uptime of all meaningfull boons at any given time). + This skill forces you to use a otherwise unpopular weapon in WvW and to pick a traitline you normally wouldnt use and to pick a grandmaster trait.

Its a potent skill, but not too strong.