Season 4 predictions and episode 4 release dates.

Dragon.4782

It's a good possibility. Sun's Refuge will take the place of the old Sunspear Sanctuary and I'm pretty sure Mike said that that feature is coming in this next episode in the celebration video.

Given the map expansion to the north and east, I would assume season 4 has one or two episodes left dealing with the desert. Following up with Joko, his backstory, politics, Order of Shadows, and then season 5 will move back towards Kralk. Unless they plan on finishing Kralk.

Either way I think season 5 will be pushing us up towards those newly revealed areas in the north and east before we dive into whatever plot pushes towards the next expansion. Assuming they are still doing expansions or even have an expansion team anymore.

Pretty sure in the celebration video Mike also mentioned that season 5 was going to tie up a lot of plots and touch on stuff that hasn't really been touched on. So perhaps we will finish Joko/Kralk in season 4, and then during a brief hiatus from the elder dragon plot we will touch on some of the stuff that's been left unanswered, i.e. Mr. E, Lyssa, Malyck. Things they have wanted to get to at some point but didn't have an opportunity to in the current story?

Anyone's guess. Knowing how many episodes we have left of season 4 would give a much better prediction of what they plan on achieving.

Personally, I want to learn about Joko's backstory, and there may be a few things I would want to see in Elona still like the hidden city, scavenger's causeway connected to Orr, or more of Istan, but aside from learning about Joko's backstory I'm kind of ready to be out of the whole political thing and hope we don't spend the remaining episodes of season 4 dealing solely with the aftermath of Joko's death and finding a new leader for Elona.

It would be nice if we got a Kourna rework/finish and the home instance instead of a new map. But I think the release will follow the now usual pattern of: 1)new map, 2)new mats, 3)a shoulder/helmet/shoe skin, 4)1hr of story, 5)~40hrs for achis, collections and other completionist things, 6)gemshop updates, 7)bugs and glitches, 8) a mastery tied to the map, 9)forum whine.

Episode3 left me very bitter. I've come to expect less and less from releases. If my game doesn't constantly crash while doing story on patch day something's wrong. But the unfinished state in which Kourna was released has certainly left a negative impresion on me. More so, that the unfinishedness of the map and the release is just so obvious. From the LS4 releases so far, I've been in Istan and I'm still there every now and then to farm mats, I liked the Sandswept Isles a lot and spent quite some time there for achis and collections and even after that, just for fun and to hanfg out in a huge Inquest lab. I've not set a foot into Kourna after getting achis and collections done and getting the misc things I usually go for(minis, tonics, skins not (yet) tied to collections and achivements), it's been over two months now and I don't plan on going there any time soon.

Sure, a new map will be good as well, but a rework of Kourna would certainly fix the damage the last release dealt to ANets reputation.