Getting to Sandswept Isles after Kindness repaid

blp.3489

I finished the Kindness Repaid chapter and got the achievement but I then went off to do something elsewhere without first finding a waypoint so I have no way to get back to the Sandswept Isles. I've seen comments that there is a way to get there from the Desert Highlands but I've looked all around Lifeblood Waterhole, which I think is how I got there before, though the waterfall, but I can't find anything. I've tried leaving to a different story and coming back but it makes no difference, I don't even get an option to replay Kindness Repaid, and I would rather not anyway.

How do I get back? Thanks!

> @"blp.3489" said:

> Yes, but no friends! :o

> I was hoping there was a way to do it without wasting one, but I'm sufficiently frustrated to go ahead and do it, I just need a friend with access to Sandswept Isles...

Normally you should have unlocked the Atholma waypoint on arrival (but, obviously, only on the character who's gone there). On the big world map, the Sandswept Isles are north and west a bit from Istan. I think the only way to fail to unlock the waypoint is if you mapped directly from the A Kindness Repaid instance to the other place.

Alternatively, I think if you join a squad in Sandswept Isles (just use LFG) and right click teleport to friend on anyone in the squad who IS in Sandswept Isles, that should take you there. Be careful of clicking on someone who isn't actually on the map, because it's possible that not everyone is on the map you want at that time.

> @"ShadowDove.8329" said:

> Alternatively, I think if you join a squad in Sandswept Isles (just use LFG) and right click teleport to friend on anyone in the squad who IS in Sandswept Isles, that should take you there. Be careful of clicking on someone who isn't actually on the map, because it's possible that not everyone is on the map you want at that time.

That doesn't work that way. The Join function only works for moving you between instances of a given map, but you still need to be loaded into that map location before hand just to get that option to show. It was designed to help parties regroup if they get scattered while zoning, and was later put to large scale use for organized World boss events like Triple Trouble and Tequatl.

Teleport to Friend (Stone) is an actual item found in BL chests, and will teleport you to the non-instanced (basically open world) location of someone in your party.

Someone volunteered to go there so I could teleport to friend so I managed to get there and get a waypoint and the portal scroll, and play the next chapter of the story. Thanks to everyone who offered to help!

ArenaNet: I really think there should be a straight-forward way to get back to the story without a teleport to friend.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> That doesn't work that way. The Join function only works for moving you between instances of a given map, but you still need to be loaded into that map location before hand just to get that option to show. It was designed to help parties regroup if they get scattered while zoning, and was later put to large scale use for organized World boss events like Triple Trouble and Tequatl.

>

> Teleport to Friend (Stone) is an actual item found in BL chests, and will teleport you to the non-instanced (basically open world) location of someone in your party.

I know it's an item found in BL chests. And people have told me that it is possible to use it to teleport to the person you click on **in squad**. That's what I'm saying.

Join squad > Use Teleport to Friend on person in squad who is in Sandswept Isles.