Tried Reaper for the first time, got MVP

Aisling.5901

Seems like a balanced class honestly that I can get top of the scoreboard with no knowledge or experience on how to use it and a ramshackle build also made with no experience on how to use the class. As broken as Deadeye can be, at least it takes time to learn how to effectively perma-stealth and space yourself from enemies to become unkillable. But Reaper is just like, have a functioning brain and you get kills for no effort.

Let's give a spec the damage of a thief and twice the health of one. Because, you know how Holosmith needs to use their Forge form to deal significant damage. It's that, but with a second health bar and more damage amplifiers. Reaper and Forge mode are literally slightly different versions of eachother; but one gets a second healthbar and more damage potential. So imagine if the Heat gauge also acted as a healthbar and the Engineer had over half a dozen traits in their vanilla lines that also buffed Forge form ontop of all that.

Why do you think there is one necromancer in each team virtually every game now, if not two. If it's a Reaper, it's practically worth two players. If it's a Scourge, mass AOE damage all the time. Scourge just effortlessly spawns AOEs everywhere to completely overwhelm their opponents with utter spam that also impaires your movement so you can't even run away from it. And I tried Scourge as well, that's literally how it plays out. You spawn AOEs everywhere, and just spam the buttons until the other player dies in the storm of nonsense. It's not interesting to play as or against, because it's not even real combat; but it gets kills. So, same tier of gameplay quality as one-shot Mesmers and perma-stealth Deadeyes.

Just buff it again. Buff it until everybody starts using it, then everybody can be equally overpowered. The matchmaking can't accidentally give one team more necromancers then another if every team is just necromancers.

Here's a legit question for you: did anyone try kiting?

Reaper damage can be countered with WASD. There's a reason it's high. And before you say "but chill!" Yeah. That's the point of Reaper. Stay out of its reach, and you will be fine. Get caught and, well, probably won't go well for you. Never goes well for those getting caught by Pyramid Head or Jason either.

> @"Aisling.5901" said:

> Seems like a balanced class honestly that I can get top of the scoreboard with no knowledge or experience on how to use it and a ramshackle build also made with no experience on how to use the class. As broken as Deadeye can be, at least it takes time to learn how to effectively perma-stealth and space yourself from enemies to become unkillable. But Reaper is just like, have a functioning brain and you get kills for no effort.

>

> Let's give a spec the damage of a thief and twice the health of one. Because, you know how Holosmith needs to use their Forge form to deal significant damage. It's that, but with a second health bar and more damage amplifiers. Reaper and Forge mode are literally slightly different versions of eachother; but one gets a second healthbar and more damage potential. So imagine if the Heat gauge also acted as a healthbar and the Engineer had over half a dozen traits in their vanilla lines that also buffed Forge form ontop of all that.

>

> Why do you think there is one necromancer in each team virtually every game now, if not two. If it's a Reaper, it's practically worth two players. If it's a Scourge, mass AOE damage all the time. Scourge just effortlessly spawns AOEs everywhere to completely overwhelm their opponents with utter spam that also impaires your movement so you can't even run away from it. And I tried Scourge as well, that's literally how it plays out. You spawn AOEs everywhere, and just spam the buttons until the other player dies in the storm of nonsense. It's not interesting to play as or against, because it's not even real combat; but it gets kills. So, same tier of gameplay quality as one-shot Mesmers and perma-stealth Deadeyes.

>

> Just buff it again. Buff it until everybody starts using it, then everybody can be equally overpowered. The matchmaking can't accidentally give one team more necromancers then another if every team is just necromancers.

lets be serious. the "second" healthbar isnt a healthbar, cause LIFEPOINTS didnt Decay with 1000 per second. and necro has this additional LIFEFORCE as replacment for all the invuls, blocks, dodges, and invis the other classes have. but while you can bomb a reaper in 1-2 seconds out of his shroud it is simply impossible to bomb a Mirage, holo or whatever to kill them while invul. so the additional lifeforce is a minor defense mechanic.

your Question, why most Teams have at least 1 necro, is because of the massive boonspam in this game. every class is designed to strenghten itself, by boons, heal and other stuff. necro mechanic is different to that mechanic, cause necromancers are not designed to buff themself but weaken the enemies. thats the reason necros have boonhate. atm there are 2 classes in the game that have a good amount of boonhate skills (necro and spellbreaker). to counter the boonspam in gw2 you Need at least one of those professions to debuff enemies. so you can easier kill the enemies Team. it is simply necromancers unique role as boonhate class that at least every Team Need one. it is the SAME role that punish necros in pve since release that makes him important for pvp modes. would anet reduce the boons on every other class, necromancers would get less important, cause other classes have way more Sustain, mobility and equal dmg in comparison to necromancers.

finally everyone ever think his own main class Need more skill to get played (in your case mesmer or thief) while the grass is Always greener on the other side (here necro).

in comparison to mesmers and thiefs there are way more counters against necros, because of his lack in mobility, Sustain and stability. some People already linked a thread where People help the community to understand how reapers works and how to fight them. read there and you will see that reaper are one of the easier opponents in pvp.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> ghastly claw + lesser shivers is 100% full on braindead mode though.

>

>

I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

> @"Coolguy.8702" said:

> Now watch all these salty nec mains rush in to defend their hilarious cancer specs

comon man you ll do the same

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > ghastly claw + lesser shivers is 100% full on braindead mode though.

> >

> >

>

> I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

i am wondering why so many People have problems with it. lesser spinal shivers procs on enemies below 50% so in most fights the first proc goes against one of the Auto invul procs that also came at 50% life. with the 20 seconds cooldown on LSS necros most of time have their first successfull proc after ~25-30 seconds in a fight against an enemy.

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > ghastly claw + lesser shivers is 100% full on braindead mode though.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

>

> i am wondering why so many People have problems with it. lesser spinal shivers procs on enemies below 50% so in most fights the first proc goes against one of the Auto invul procs that also came at 50% life. with the 20 seconds cooldown on LSS necros most of time have their first successfull proc after ~25-30 seconds in a fight against an enemy.

i know that but you have to admit it require no skill at all

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > ghastly claw + lesser shivers is 100% full on braindead mode though.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

> >

> > i am wondering why so many People have problems with it. lesser spinal shivers procs on enemies below 50% so in most fights the first proc goes against one of the Auto invul procs that also came at 50% life. with the 20 seconds cooldown on LSS necros most of time have their first successfull proc after ~25-30 seconds in a fight against an enemy.

>

> i know that but you have to admit it require no skill at all

true, it Need the same amount of skill like the Auto invul procs. so i agree, lets delete ALL Auto invul procs of other classes + lesser spinal shivers. i think necro would loose less then all the other classes ;D.

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > ghastly claw + lesser shivers is 100% full on braindead mode though.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

> > >

> > > i am wondering why so many People have problems with it. lesser spinal shivers procs on enemies below 50% so in most fights the first proc goes against one of the Auto invul procs that also came at 50% life. with the 20 seconds cooldown on LSS necros most of time have their first successfull proc after ~25-30 seconds in a fight against an enemy.

> >

> > i know that but you have to admit it require no skill at all

>

> true, it Need the same amount of skill like the Auto invul procs. so i agree, lets delete ALL Auto invul procs of other classes + lesser spinal shivers. i think necro would loose less then all the other classes ;D.

No no NO dont get me wrong i am a main necro and i actually want the ALL Auto invul procs of other classes to be deleted from ranked PvP and give them to unranked as a way to teach the new player how to play the SPvP(without trait for free) but we dont need that Auto invul procs in ranked and all will be the same as necro to say at least

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

> > >

> > > i am wondering why so many People have problems with it. lesser spinal shivers procs on enemies below 50% so in most fights the first proc goes against one of the Auto invul procs that also came at 50% life. with the 20 seconds cooldown on LSS necros most of time have their first successfull proc after ~25-30 seconds in a fight against an enemy.

> >

>

> true, it Need the same amount of skill like the Auto invul procs. so i agree, lets delete ALL Auto invul procs of other classes + lesser spinal shivers. i think necro would loose less then all the other classes ;D.

The only auto invulnerable on 50% that gets used is defy pain. No one runs marksmanship and S procs on 25.

Anet again proves they are unable to fix necro. This class viability always relied on stupid damage and pressure which means noobs gonna be stomped and good players will farm necro as always. Problem is anet do not listen good players when it comes to balancing, so when next patch comes I expect necro to be decimated again with stupid nerfs and patch after that will fix real issue leaving necro in worse state then ever.

In higher tiers doesnt matter how much dmg you are doing. It matters how much pressure you can survive. And necro is dead in seconds.

Of course due to duo q being a thing now we will se a lot of broken necro firebrand duos, which will only mask necro inability to survive and make damage real problem.

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

the passive of "chill of death" should have increased cd btw. It is a passive after all and should be set to 90 sec cd.

I'd like to remind everyone that the only buffs reaper got last patch that are causing people to suddenly melt are these:

>Death Perception: The critical hit chance increase of this trait has been reduced from 50% to 33% while in a shroud. This trait now additionally grants up to 300 >ferocity at level 80.

>Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.\

>Gluttony: In addition to its previous life force gain increase, this trait now grants the necromancer a stack of might for 6 seconds when they gain life force.

And death perception is technically a nerf, because I used to use it pre patch and had 100% crit chance in shroud on my power reaper. It's counterbalanced by reaper being faster to deal its damage now.

Reaper was garbo because they originally couldn't catch anyone to deliver their damage in shroud. but now that people are suddenly considering soul reaping because of the tweaks and they have quickness on shroud, _suddenly_ it's overpowered and a carry and too strong?

Dodge. Nothing has changed, you just get punished for sleeping on the reaper now. Don't facetank axe 2 and stay away from reaper when they pop shroud and youll live. It's even easier to dodge their non autos now because of how fast they complete.