necro damage...a question to the dev/balance team.

Eddbopkins.2630

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > > @"santso.9201" said:

> > > When do ppl learn to walk away from reaper when in shroud...+damage is all what necro has.

> >

> > Why does the GW2 playerbase always defend trash like this? "Oh, just kite; just walk away." Real games just let the better player beat the idiot bot (which is effectively how most builds work in GW2 because they are all brainlessmy low effort, shallow, and scripted). GW2 is not a decent game if a player can't simply destroy an incoming opponent with good aim and movement, however, most GW2 players will consistently advocate that player just get out of the way of incoming opponents. This isn't even covering the invuln crisis. Such a massive joke it is.

>

> If you don't hit hard on reaper, you don't punish players.Bad enough we can't keep up.What you want necros to roll down and die? yeah not happening.

>

> people have said in the past don't stand in the scourges aoe

>

> Don't walk into reapers shroud run away from them or kite them.There are things that have less counters to them such as i said before:Mesmers are harder to counter, thieves.I heard warriors are pretty hard too with their newest elite.If you gut the damage, necros basically have nothing anymore.On reaper form the reaper form doesn't last very long anymore because it was buffed in a certain way for pve, and for pve it still underperforms by a little, and still offers little to no support.What supprot it has others can do better such as banner slave warriors.

I'm serious, though. There are a lot of games which feature players who walk forward without really thinking about the consequences of their actions or positioning; and in a lot of those games, those players will get liquidated by better players even if the better player is in a disadvantage. GW2 just tells people to "walk away" because there is nothing to be done. I don't care if necro is good or bad, it's more about how this sort of game design is a huge, laughable joke and you're defending it for no reason except that you arbitrarily like "DPS color DARK-GREEN" more than the other homogenized class flavors.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > > yet DE can get away with more damage, more mobility, more escape tools and all that... please.

> > >

> > > And single dmg (mostly)

> >

> > ranged damage...

>

> so is necro lol.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > The mentality of "I must stand on the point 100% of the time even if it means standing in AoE/Cleave else I will lose the game" also doesn't help. Players will actively run into and eat huge amounts of damage just to be on point.

>

> No kidding. It takes time to neutralize a point, let alone take it. You do NOT have to be on a point the entire time to contest it.

Neither stay if you can finish an opponent, i have seen that a lot now that im leveling (ranking up) my core mesmer. They dont move even a little if they can finish an opponent (5-10% hp), even against classes that will recharge all burst and health faster.

First, it is reaper spec, not entire necro. The other two necro specs are at the bottom, being core necro not playable at all, and scourge, in pvp terms, only worth to play when paired with a fb.

Second, as someone has pointed in the thread the build thas is OP its just not viable for high ranked pvp because it has no sustain and can be counted very effectively by others if they know what they doing. Its just another troll build, like the gs mesmer one, like the pp thief one, like the core guardian one, etc.

You want a solution? The solution is not nerfing the damage of the spec (and as a side effect, of the profession in pve terms). The solution is removing from pvp all of pve oriented amulets, runes and sigils. Just force ppl in pvp to choose health, healing and other defensive stats over fury or crit.

Two wrongs don't really make a right, but ANET's fail balancing team fails to realize this. See here's the thing, they weren't prepared for the next potential evil tbh. But HoT just made their jobs harder so maybe it's time to make a classic GW2 "expansion" where HoT and PoF people can keep their specs, but the classic expansion only allows core specs from before HoT in sPvP. That might be easier to balance tbh. Too bad that's only going to happen in a dream, where ANET finally makes a good decision.

> @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Swagg.9236" said:

> > > > @"santso.9201" said:

> > > > When do ppl learn to walk away from reaper when in shroud...+damage is all what necro has.

> > >

> > > Why does the GW2 playerbase always defend trash like this? "Oh, just kite; just walk away." Real games just let the better player beat the idiot bot (which is effectively how most builds work in GW2 because they are all brainlessmy low effort, shallow, and scripted). GW2 is not a decent game if a player can't simply destroy an incoming opponent with good aim and movement, however, most GW2 players will consistently advocate that player just get out of the way of incoming opponents. This isn't even covering the invuln crisis. Such a massive joke it is.

> >

> > If you don't hit hard on reaper, you don't punish players.Bad enough we can't keep up.What you want necros to roll down and die? yeah not happening.

> >

> > people have said in the past don't stand in the scourges aoe

> >

> > Don't walk into reapers shroud run away from them or kite them.There are things that have less counters to them such as i said before:Mesmers are harder to counter, thieves.I heard warriors are pretty hard too with their newest elite.If you gut the damage, necros basically have nothing anymore.On reaper form the reaper form doesn't last very long anymore because it was buffed in a certain way for pve, and for pve it still underperforms by a little, and still offers little to no support.What supprot it has others can do better such as banner slave warriors.

>

> I'm serious, though. There are a lot of games which feature players who walk forward without really thinking about the consequences of their actions or positioning; and in a lot of those games, those players will get liquidated by better players even if the better player is in a disadvantage. GW2 just tells people to "walk away" because there is nothing to be done. I don't care if necro is good or bad, it's more about how this sort of game design is a huge, laughable joke and you're defending it for no reason except that you arbitrarily like "DPS color DARK-GREEN" more than the other homogenized class flavors.

Why reward stupid players on unranked who walk into reapers attack though? i mean everyone and his mother can outrun a reaper.Bad excuse to nerf something bad design which in the end wrecks a class because people are too lazy to learn how to play and how to couunter something.

Also they have to sacrifice sustain in order to be so damaging, so if you take away damage, they got neither sustain or damage.The poor design is that other classes can have better tools such as invulns protections mass self heals etc and instant 1 hit kill attacks with no repercussions, such as dead eye, and warriors and mesmers.

Reaper has few ways of countering ranged attacks, so as others said:Instead of crying about a class hitting hard, get on your deadeye or soulbeast and immob/cripple the reaper then go to town on him with ranged attacks, because he has to sacrifice a slot of a useful slot ability to get poison cloud, and soul spiral has a 30 seconds cd, and shroud doesn't last very long because it drains power very fast now, and once necros are outside of reaper they are free kills.There is a reason why necros hide behind a line of people and get babysat:its because without shroud they don't stand a chance a lot of times in 1v1.

There is also a reason why necromancers at the start of a match get targeted as well:No life force, no shroud, no shroud no small security.

Also nerfing reaper would just create a bigger issue with balance between old and new specs.See thing is:for reapers are selfish and right now they get big burst within a small window, and if you take that away they don't have much else.