What is your Spellbreaker build?

Cave Rock.4869

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ronin.7381 said:

> As far as PVE goes, any ideas for Greastsword / Rifle? I'm stumped, I just feel kitten due to my choice of weapons.

I haven't had that much success with PvE-Rifle and SpellBreaker: it feels like you really want to stay in melee range to take advantage of full counter and mage-bane tether.

That being said, I have been playing with a build that looks like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsYUnk6CVdgVeAudAM7ileATJxF+SDGBgPwSD/JPl7yA-jpQaABAUGAz9HAA

(Using sigil of might / crit on the sword, might / boon strip on the rifle. )

Knockback, Full Auto, Swap to Sword, Blade Trail, Rush .... it never gets old

This is a rifle - dagger/dagger that is fun as well... it's never going be to 'meta', but I am having a good time doing the PvE quests.

The lightning field with leap = daze, so between dagger-2, dagger-3, bull's rush... you can clear break bars easily.

Between the kicks and rifle butt, snares... you can trivialize a lot of fights.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoYUnk6CldgVeAWdAM7iFiAzIA8B7ZK7tp3WA/HnkfyA-jpQaABAUGAz9HAA

> @Zakka.2153 said:

> I love all these builds using hammer, oh how I missed the hammer. I was planning on a marauder build with hammer/dagger+dagger.

Hey Zakka, yeah ain't it great that we now have hammer-time back again ;P Especially for those that made the legendary Juggernaut they finally get some use from it again.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42

> @Simeonus.9237 said:

> SB was made with WvW/PvP in mind so I didn't think about any PvE build and will use [this one](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR4enMdAVhglhAu6CM7ilqADvDPibxK9gYXOApA0ACAA-jFCFABppbohHAQhq/clSQGuAAEcEAA4gAg0+jyPSBo6YA-w "this one") for zerging/roaming. You can change runes if you lack survivability but I still think that the best defence is a good offence. Warrior itself and Spellbreaker especially have more than enough traits that provide survivability, so gear can be focused on increasing your damage.

Hey Simeonus, I hear from friend that do WvW on a regular basis, that the warrior these days can still be pretty survivable. Especially when you have adrenal healing in conjunction with the sun and moon from the Spellbreaker elite specialization trait line. But i can't agree with you more that the way forward for the Spellbreaker is to have a really good offense. Mostly i say that because we are so fortunate now to have counter attack which innately is a very defensive skill to absorb enemy targets damage and then turn it on them quiet effectively doing considerable damage. Plus i like your build primarily because it focuses on what the Spellbreaker should be doing and that is removing boons and dealing plenty of power damage to their targets. One would think the Spellbreaker isn't a very good team support player but if you really consider how effective boon removal is in pvp and competitive play, it can be a game changer removing a buff like stability etc etc. I guess i just liked that it focus on what the Spellbreaker really excels at mostly and that it has plenty of movement speed and mobility to A) either get into combat quicker or B) to get out of it if things turn bad.

Cheers for the comments btw Simeonus, sorry it took me a little bit to get back to you. Real life has been pretty busy over the last few days. As i had to have some treatment for my cancer :( From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42. Take it easy bud and good luck out there with your Spellbreaker build in WvW and SPvP.

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > @Simeonus.9237 said:

> > SB was made with WvW/PvP in mind so I didn't think about any PvE build and will use [this one](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR4enMdAVhglhAu6CM7ilqADvDPibxK9gYXOApA0ACAA-jFCFABppbohHAQhq/clSQGuAAEcEAA4gAg0+jyPSBo6YA-w "this one") for zerging/roaming. You can change runes if you lack survivability but I still think that the best defence is a good offence. Warrior itself and Spellbreaker especially have more than enough traits that provide survivability, so gear can be focused on increasing your damage.

>

> My Spellbreaker build has this in mind, and was validated when I brought someone from 100 to 0 using Arcing Slice, Full Counter, Arcing Slide in quick succession thanks to Burst Mastery adrenaline refund.

Sup Mikeskies, thanks heaps for participating in the discussion, and i can't agree more ain't it great to share around the ideas like Simeonus did to improve other Spellbreakers builds and therefore ultimately their own playstyles and game play.

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Magnuzone.8395 said:

> Only played it in WvW yet.

> Running it with defence and discipline, full pvt gear. Hammer + dagger/shield. And it's pretty sweet in group fights.

> Extra resistance, speeds, boon removals and the new heal that remove 7 conditions.

>

> I can see myself running this.

Hey Magnuzone, Thanks heaps for sharing your ideas for a WvW Spellbreaker. Yeah it really does sound like that hammer might make a return by the sound of things at least in WvW, because of its AoE damage ability and the fact it will allow for more boon removal. Plus yeah that heal is pretty nice but don't forget you loose all your boons at the same time. So it can be really beneficial to remove those 7 conditions but also detrimental at the same time as it completely removes all our boons. I think for that reason many Spellbreakers might avoid using the new heal ability that was given to us for Path of Fire.

> @Cortano.5419 said:

> > @Ronin.7381 said:

> > As far as PVE goes, any ideas for Greastsword / Rifle? I'm stumped, I just feel kitten due to my choice of weapons.

>

> I haven't had that much success with PvE-Rifle and SpellBreaker: it feels like you really want to stay in melee range to take advantage of full counter and mage-bane tether.

> That being said, I have been playing with a build that looks like this:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsYUnk6CVdgVeAudAM7ileATJxF+SDGBgPwSD/JPl7yA-jpQaABAUGAz9HAA

> (Using sigil of might / crit on the sword, might / boon strip on the rifle. )

>

> Knockback, Full Auto, Swap to Sword, Blade Trail, Rush .... it never gets old

>

Hey Cortano, and yeah your not wrong the Spellbreaker is very limited by range as it is dependent on its elite specialization mechanics like counter and mage-bane tether. But i imagine Arenanet did this because the invisioned the Spellbreaker as being a melee fighter verses a distance based long range caster. Although the sad part is they really didn't give the Spellbreaker that many abilities to close the gap on those so called 'Mages' we are supposed to be tethering. But luckily great sword offers us a gap closer and it seems to fit really well with the Spellbreaker elite specialization, additionally we also have access to bulls rush if required.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

>

>

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeRnMdAt6iVhAehAciglqADPEXiXxK9gYXOApA0ACAA-jpgARAg9HulBAA

> >

> > seekers amulet is the way to go for pvp. make u ask what a condi even is

>

> Hey Choovanski, may i ask why condition damage?

>

> Please explain from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

click on the build link before you ask about it dude, it’s not a condition damage build

it’s a power damage build with high resistance uptime. so an anti condi build

> @Lan.1968 said:

> Does anyone have a build for spvp specifically?? I'm a little lost as to where I should go with this.

This is the build I am currently testing out in sPvP and having a lot of fun with: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoYRnk6Cldgt6CudAcigFiAD/HnkfyGBgIQPT5LM92CA-jZROABAs/A3lBs+EAo+hA48nAAA. I like the more active playstyle in comparison to taking a Shield and the Defense trait line. Sustain and survivability comes from Might Makes Right and the massive amount of might generation.

I have a quick question, maybe not the best topic for it, but I figure some of you may know. Does stealing a boon also count as removing a boon for the purposes of "Loss Aversion"? I know it should in theory, since you are also removing the boon when you steal it, but you never know with how games are coded. Has anyone tested this at all?

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > @Lan.1968 said:

> > Does anyone have a build for spvp specifically?? I'm a little lost as to where I should go with this.

>

> This is the build I am currently testing out in sPvP and having a lot of fun with: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoYRnk6Cldgt6CudAcigFiAD/HnkfyGBgIQPT5LM92CA-jZROABAs/A3lBs+EAo+hA48nAAA. I like the more active playstyle in comparison to taking a Shield and the Defense trait line. Sustain and survivability comes from Might Makes Right and the massive amount of might generation.

>

>

ohh tyvm

> @SWI.4127 said:

> I have a quick question, maybe not the best topic for it, but I figure some of you may know. Does stealing a boon also count as removing a boon for the purposes of "Loss Aversion"? I know it should in theory, since you are also removing the boon when you steal it, but you never know with how games are coded. Has anyone tested this at all?

I just now went into pvp and put on sigil of absorption. Waited for thief NPC to might itself, then interrupted it's unload. Stole might from NPC and combat log reported damage from loss aversion.

> @Darkhydrox.8560 said:

> > @SWI.4127 said:

> > I have a quick question, maybe not the best topic for it, but I figure some of you may know. Does stealing a boon also count as removing a boon for the purposes of "Loss Aversion"? I know it should in theory, since you are also removing the boon when you steal it, but you never know with how games are coded. Has anyone tested this at all?

>

> I just now went into pvp and put on sigil of absorption. Waited for thief NPC to might itself, then interrupted it's unload. Stole might from NPC and combat log reported damage from loss aversion.

thank you very much for testing that out

Hey all, I wonder if we have thought of all the possible build options for the Spellbreaker? Any more ideas that have come to fruition by play testing. Things that work or don't would also be good to know.

I am starting to wonder if my prediction that the Spellbreaker would be overpowered was wrong and that we aren't in as good a position as I first thought in all game modes.

We are definitely competitive in Spvp and possibly Wvw, but what about PvE, Fractals and Raids?

My initial thoughts I talked about were in this YouTube video about the nine new elite specializations.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> >

> >

> > > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeRnMdAt6iVhAehAciglqADPEXiXxK9gYXOApA0ACAA-jpgARAg9HulBAA

> > >

> > > seekers amulet is the way to go for pvp. make u ask what a condi even is

> >

> > Hey Choovanski, may i ask why condition damage?

> >

> > Please explain from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> click on the build link before you ask about it dude, it’s not a condition damage build

>

> it’s a power damage build with high resistance uptime. so an anti condi build

Hey Choovanski, sorry mate it was late night when I responded. You post confused me with the 'make you ask what a condi is', so what I was trying to ask is what you meant?

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42, and once again sorry for the confusion.

> @JVJD.4912 said:

> I am running right now Str-arms-spell breaker as i am mostly doing open world content right now axe/dagger - bow

> Mobility is no longer an issue thanx to mounts

> Still trying to get use to full counter as it is a reactive skill

Hey JVJD, are you running the Sun and moon trait by any chance? If so do you get much healing from it. The other day some buddies of mine encountered an almost un-killable Spellbreaker. That guy had so much healing and damage avoidance they could not believe it. Even with 4-5 hitting him he still survived and still did decent damage.

Yeah no run speed works well in PvE, but will still be required in SPvP and WvW.

Full counter might be reactive in use but it sure does rock, especially how it increases our survivability.

Cheers For the post JVJD, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @SWI.4127 said:

> > @Darkhydrox.8560 said:

> > > @SWI.4127 said:

> > > I have a quick question, maybe not the best topic for it, but I figure some of you may know. Does stealing a boon also count as removing a boon for the purposes of "Loss Aversion"? I know it should in theory, since you are also removing the boon when you steal it, but you never know with how games are coded. Has anyone tested this at all?

> >

> > I just now went into pvp and put on sigil of absorption. Waited for thief NPC to might itself, then interrupted it's unload. Stole might from NPC and combat log reported damage from loss aversion.

>

> thank you very much for testing that out

Interesting test SWI and Darkhydrox, thanks for looking into it and sharing the boon trick in conjunction with Loss Aversion. That is also good to know that it works on mobs.