Mystic Toilet I'm pissed!

Ankas.9023

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> In order to get close to the average, you need to do it more times. Which means do the 1x recipe, more often. The 10x is for convenience, but statistically, in the long run, it will cost you considerably more.

Actually in the long run its cheaper but the length is quite long

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > In order to get close to the average, you need to do it more times. Which means do the 1x recipe, more often. The 10x is for convenience, but statistically, in the long run, it will cost you considerably more.

>

> Actually in the long run its cheaper but the length is quite long

I read the recipe as exactly 10 x the cost, producing 10 x the output, so over the *looong* term, they should be equal, right? Unless the probabilities are different...

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > In order to get close to the average, you need to do it more times. Which means do the 1x recipe, more often. The 10x is for convenience, but statistically, in the long run, it will cost you considerably more.

> >

> > Actually in the long run its cheaper but the length is quite long

>

> I read the recipe as exactly 10 x the cost, producing 10 x the output, so over the *looong* term, they should be equal, right? Unless the probabilities are different...

It's not exactly the same cost. You pay less spirit shards although this is a marginal difference

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > In order to get close to the average, you need to do it more times. Which means do the 1x recipe, more often. The 10x is for convenience, but statistically, in the long run, it will cost you considerably more.

> > >

> > > Actually in the long run its cheaper but the length is quite long

> >

> > I read the recipe as exactly 10 x the cost, producing 10 x the output, so over the *looong* term, they should be equal, right? Unless the probabilities are different...

>

> It's not exactly the same cost. You pay less spirit shards although this is a marginal difference

Regular recipe: 6 Phil. Stones. Ten times that is 60. Purchased at 10/1 spirit shard comes out at *6 spirit shards*.

10x recipe: 10 Mystic Crystals, purchased at 5/3 spirit shards comes put at *6 spirit shards*.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > In order to get close to the average, you need to do it more times. Which means do the 1x recipe, more often. The 10x is for convenience, but statistically, in the long run, it will cost you considerably more.

> > > >

> > > > Actually in the long run its cheaper but the length is quite long

> > >

> > > I read the recipe as exactly 10 x the cost, producing 10 x the output, so over the *looong* term, they should be equal, right? Unless the probabilities are different...

> >

> > It's not exactly the same cost. You pay less spirit shards although this is a marginal difference

>

> Regular recipe: 6 Phil. Stones. Ten times that is 60. Purchased at 10/1 spirit shard comes out at *6 spirit shards*.

> 10x recipe: 10 Mystic Crystals, purchased at 5/3 spirit shards comes put at *6 spirit shards*.

Thank you for correcting my mistake. I must have misremembered.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > >

> > > It's not exactly the same cost. You pay less spirit shards although this is a marginal difference

> >

> > Regular recipe: 6 Phil. Stones. Ten times that is 60. Purchased at 10/1 spirit shard comes out at *6 spirit shards*.

> > 10x recipe: 10 Mystic Crystals, purchased at 5/3 spirit shards comes put at *6 spirit shards*.

>

> Thank you for correcting my mistake. I must have misremembered.

Happens easily. And a difference in the spirit shard price, on *that* scale? Completely negligable, as you said!

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Cerberus.4315" said:

> > Yeah I'm not a friend of the toilet either, this morning I dumped 190 coins, spirit shards, obi shards and ecto's to only get 10 clovers. The thing is complete GARBAGE. Very bad day, the coins and ecto I don't really care about but that's a lot of shards especially seeing I'm making Verdarach and more obi shards are required to make 2nd gen leggy weapons

>

>

> Man! I have never seen someone so pissed about the Mystic Toilet that he starts to nerco post.

>

Pfft. That's only a two month gap. The SWTOR forums are regularly plagued by **six-year** necros. (Worse, people who correct six-year-old posts for inaccuracies caused by the natural evolution of the game.)

And back on topic, my own experience of using the single-clover recipe is that it does, indeed, work out pretty close to 1/3 of the time. I've had runs of three or four consecutive clovers, and runs of up to about eight non-clovers, but on average, yeah, about one-in-three. (But nothing in that beats the one time in GW1 where Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support gave me six consecutive bonus damage successes on a one-in-ten chance.)

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Cerberus.4315" said:

> > > Yeah I'm not a friend of the toilet either, this morning I dumped 190 coins, spirit shards, obi shards and ecto's to only get 10 clovers. The thing is complete GARBAGE. Very bad day, the coins and ecto I don't really care about but that's a lot of shards especially seeing I'm making Verdarach and more obi shards are required to make 2nd gen leggy weapons

> >

> >

> > Man! I have never seen someone so pissed about the Mystic Toilet that he starts to nerco post.

> >

>

> Pfft. That's only a two month gap. The SWTOR forums are regularly plagued by **six-year** necros. (Worse, people who correct six-year-old posts for inaccuracies caused by the natural evolution of the game.)

>

> And back on topic, my own experience of using the single-clover recipe is that it does, indeed, work out pretty close to 1/3 of the time. I've had runs of three or four consecutive clovers, and runs of up to about eight non-clovers, but on average, yeah, about one-in-three. (But nothing in that beats the one time in GW1 where Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support gave me six consecutive bonus damage successes on a one-in-ten chance.)

I know its off topic but that would be my forum nightmare.

I kitten HATE necro posts.

> @"Ankas.9023" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Ankas.9023" said:

> > > I have a bone to pick with design of mystic toilet! I needed mystic clovers so I'm placing in 10 mats at the time to 10 obsidian shards, 10 Mystic coins (not cheep at all) 10 Crystals and 10 ectos only to receive back 20 obsidian shards and on 2nd try 20 mystic crystals! what the F is this mats that are used to make an item I don't want back. I understand other junk I receive its a gamble but I should not be getting same item I'm putting in. Design of this is extremely stupid!

> >

> > The chance of getting clover is only 25-35% on average (wiki data has 33%; my personal experience is just under 30%). It's unrealistic to expect you'll need less than a stack to get 77 clover. And using the 10x recipe, bad streaks are more noticeable and more painful.

> >

> > Try not to focus on what you get as a consolation; keep your eyes on the main prize: the clover.

>

> I don't have problem with the steaks of getting them! I have a problem of receiving a useless 1 mat that is part of the recipe back such as crystals and obsidian shards...

That's how it was from day-one, people accepted that. Deal with it.

> I don't have problem with the steaks of getting them! I have a problem of receiving a useless 1 mat that is part of the recipe back such as crystals and obsidian shards...

I don't understand why that would be an issue - surely this is the best possible 'failure' as it helps you to provide the mats for another try.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

>

> > I don't have problem with the steaks of getting them! I have a problem of receiving a useless 1 mat that is part of the recipe back such as crystals and obsidian shards...

>

> I don't understand why that would be an issue - surely this is the best possible 'failure' as it helps you to provide the mats for another try.

Agreed. I never complain on crystals or shards.

Now, gossamer scraps? I might go through the roof..

So, I’ll leave this here:

The 10 recipe is streaky, but that can work in your favor as well. I recently dropped 230 crystals/coins/shards/ectos in and got back **120 clovers**.. along with **50 mystic coins**. I could have gotten more shards and crystals to continue, but I’ve **never** seen that type of return, so I figured that was time to stop.

Next time I try it I’m going to the single recipe... won’t want to push my luck...