Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> So I assume Anet are doing nothing for us, not willing to fight our cause.. its all gone quiet again.. they just want us to forget ?

If anything I've learned from watching courtroom shows; if there is an agreement (which there should be) then Anet cannot rescind it before the terms are concluded, currently the 30th September. KFT have until the 30th to resolve the issue and _then_ Anet can decide on what action to take.

> @"Graymalkyn.8076" said:

> Sorry if this has been asked already, but didn't want to read thru 37 pages...

>

> I've downloaded the app, and linked it to my FB and Twitter accounts. Now what? I see nothing in the app. Do I get an email with the codes? A text?

>

> Nearest location is literally 200 miles away, so that's not gonna happen.

In brief, the app's social rewards have been disabled by KFT who have not explained what's going on or when the promotion will continue, Anet say to talk to KFT and some users have reported getting their social media accounts hacked since registering.

> @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > @"Graymalkyn.8076" said:

> > Sorry if this has been asked already, but didn't want to read thru 37 pages...

> >

> > I've downloaded the app, and linked it to my FB and Twitter accounts. Now what? I see nothing in the app. Do I get an email with the codes? A text?

> >

> > Nearest location is literally 200 miles away, so that's not gonna happen.

>

> In brief, the app's social rewards have been disabled by KFT who have not explained what's going on or when the promotion will continue, Anet say to talk to KFT and some users have reported getting their social media accounts hacked since registering.

It is very confusing as KFT are advertising the comp as if its on and running on their website https://www.kungfutea.com/ so they continue to data mine people, under false pretences... why is there no notice to say its on hold?

> > @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > > @"Graymalkyn.8076" said:

> > > Sorry if this has been asked already, but didn't want to read thru 37 pages...

> > >

> > > I've downloaded the app, and linked it to my FB and Twitter accounts. Now what? I see nothing in the app. Do I get an email with the codes? A text?

> > >

> > > Nearest location is literally 200 miles away, so that's not gonna happen.

> >

> > In brief, the app's social rewards have been disabled by KFT who have not explained what's going on or when the promotion will continue, Anet say to talk to KFT and some users have reported getting their social media accounts hacked since registering.

>

> It is very confusing as KFT are advertising the comp as if its on and running on their website https://www.kungfutea.com/ so they continue to data mine people, under false pretences... why is there no notice to say its on hold?

There is if you click on that same header...

https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> If it wasn't such a mess this promotion would be fantastic.

I snipped this, because this just has me baffled. You'd think all involved would have an interest to solve this whole mess as fast as possible, with as much needed catering to customers to smooth things out. Instead they quite obviously try to bury it.

Atm, Anet and KungFuTea are portrayed as being neglectfully incompetent at best, deceitful datagrabbers at worst. That kind of rep might not harm a company like google or twitch. But neither Anet nor KungFuTea are somewhere close to that.

At this point, this whole promotion was the worst marketing Anet has ever done. It might not directly result in lost customers, but at least for me, a lot of my trust in Anet has been destroyed with their reaction to this mess.

Maybe KFT keep telling Anet the same thing they're telling us - they'll get it working 'soon'.

Honestly that's ridiculous at this point, it was sort-of working for 4 days and then 'paused' for 8 (I'm not counting today yet because it's still early morning in the USA) and we've heard nothing in that time except that they claim to be working on it and they changed the terms and conditions to exclude most of the world. We're nearly 1/2 way through the promotion and apart from a few people (and a lot of hackers apparently) who got codes through blind luck in the first few days no one has gotten anything good from this, including Anet and KFT. It's almost impressive for a relatively simple promotion to go so wrong.

Honestly though all it would take is a bit more communication from KFT to make it better. Ideally of course they or their contractors would have been able to get the problems with the app fixed within a week, but if that's not possible for some reason all they need to do is tell us. Instead we've had nothing from them since the problem first started. They put one message up and then appear to have forgotten all about it. That's what makes it look really bad.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Maybe KFT keep telling Anet the same thing they're telling us - they'll get it working 'soon'.

>

> Honestly that's ridiculous at this point, it was sort-of working for 4 days and then 'paused' for 8 (I'm not counting today yet because it's still early morning in the USA) and we've heard nothing in that time except that they claim to be working on it and they changed the terms and conditions to exclude most of the world. We're nearly 1/2 way through the promotion and apart from a few people (and a lot of hackers apparently) who got codes through blind luck in the first few days no one has gotten anything good from this, including Anet and KFT. It's almost impressive for a relatively simple promotion to go so wrong.

>

> Honestly though all it would take is a bit more communication from KFT to make it better. Ideally of course they or their contractors would have been able to get the problems with the app fixed within a week, but if that's not possible for some reason all they need to do is tell us. Instead we've had nothing from them since the problem first started. They put one message up and then appear to have forgotten all about it. That's what makes it look really bad.

Do not forget them blaming bots. At this point I would not blink if they said aliens did it. There have been some messages on FB (both OPs and replies) but none of them have been informative.

> @"Vash.2386" said:

> Weren't we supposed to get an update from KTF at the beginning of this week? This has gone beyond ridiculous.

They did not specify when this week, just sometime this week, I do feel that this company does not care about the promotion or the GW2 community, which is probably why so many people are pleading with Anet, but until the promotion is over, there may be nothing Anet can do.

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you for your continued patience and feedback as we work through issues around the Kung Fu Tea Guild Wars 2 promotion. Both Kung Fu Tea and ArenaNet are continuing to troubleshoot the technical difficulties that affected the roll-out of Guild Wars 2 serial codes. Because of the issues, on Friday, September 7 any distributed serial code that had not yet been redeemed was deactivated. We’re working to make sure all eligible participants who were not able to redeem their serial code reward will be able to reclaim a new set of serial codes after the campaign resumes.

For additional information as it becomes available, please visit the [Kung Fu Tea blog](https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/ "Kung Fu Tea blog"). We all appreciate your continued patience as we work to ensure a positive experience for everyone.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Thank you for your continued patience and feedback as we work through issues around the Kung Fu Tea Guild Wars 2 promotion. Both Kung Fu Tea and ArenaNet are continuing to troubleshoot the technical difficulties that affected the roll-out of Guild Wars 2 serial codes. Because of the issues, on Friday, September 7 any distributed serial code that had not yet been redeemed was deactivated. We’re working to make sure all eligible participants who were not able to redeem their serial code reward will be able to reclaim a new set of serial codes after the campaign resumes.

>

> For additional information as it becomes available, please visit the Kung Fu Tea blog. We all appreciate your continued patience as we work to ensure a positive experience for everyone.

>

Great this is some positive news, but please can you elaborate in regards to European residents that participated before the rules where changed ie the first 4 days of the promotion.

Are European residents who entered within the first 4 days, going to receive codes?

- But also what about all the people that tired for 4 days, and could not connect due to the faulty app?

- Some people connected via social, but could not see the promo options - does that count?

- Some people connected with Instagram, but then that social option was removed - does that count?

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Thank you for your continued patience and feedback as we work through issues around the Kung Fu Tea Guild Wars 2 promotion. Both Kung Fu Tea and ArenaNet are continuing to troubleshoot the technical difficulties that affected the roll-out of Guild Wars 2 serial codes. Because of the issues, on Friday, September 7 any distributed serial code that had not yet been redeemed was deactivated. We’re working to make sure all eligible participants who were not able to redeem their serial code reward will be able to reclaim a new set of serial codes after the campaign resumes.

> >

> > For additional information as it becomes available, please visit the Kung Fu Tea blog. We all appreciate your continued patience as we work to ensure a positive experience for everyone.

> >

>

> Great this is some positive news, but please can you elaborate in regards to European residents that participated before the rules where changed ie the first 4 days of the promotion.

> Are European residents who entered within the first 4 days, going to receive codes?

> - But also what about all the people that tired for 4 days, and could not connect due to the faulty app?

> - Some people connected via social, but could not see the promo options - does that count?

> - Some people connected with Instagram, but then that social option was removed - does that count?

>

Well since its changed to usa only this from the post "eligible participants" make it sound like we wont be getting anything.

But then again when you read further it ends with "as we work to ensure a positive experience for everyone" could mean they are looking in to ways for eu players to get it too.

It would be in anets best interest to make their whole playerbase happy.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > What about those who were never able to claim one in the first place?

>

> If you were not able to claim a code, please try again when the promotion resumes.

Thanks! Just was worried that it would get discontinued altogether.

> @"Yasi.9065" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > If it wasn't such a mess this promotion would be fantastic.

>

> I snipped this, because this just has me baffled. You'd think all involved would have an interest to solve this whole mess as fast as possible,

It's entirely possible they are trying to solve this as quickly as they can.

It should be obvious by now that they were entirely unprepared for all the things that seem obvious to us, not just in retrospect, also in things we talked about here (and on reddit) even before we knew the details. The US vs not US, the giving away a free app, the potential interest, the clarity of rules.

If they were unprepared for (what seems) the obvious, then I can't think of how they could possibly be ready to deal with the fall out of things going wrong.

Think of a 6 year old watching mom make lemonade from a mix and then thinking, "hey, let's make a tubful of lemonade." They turn on the water to fill the tub, then go to the kitchen to get on the chair to get box of mix from the shelf, and it's too heavy, so it drops on the floor. Meantime, the water in the tub is overflowing while they try to find towels and brooms to get rid of the spilled mix. Only, they tried to use water from the sink to help, and now it's all a sticky blob that they can't get traction on.

As Danikat says, the idea is great. It just doesn't seem to have been thought through.

> with as much needed catering to customers to smooth things out.

That's how I would do it if I were in charge. I'm guessing that they haven't figured out who or what they might do yet.

> Instead they quite obviously try to bury it.

>

Or, as I suggested above, they are simply at a loss as to what they even might do.