Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

This whole promotion just comes off as .... strange. To existing players it is the skins, cool. However why in the world would they include a free unrestricted game code, well beyond what a FTP player gets? That is quite a bit of coin right there and you HAVE to know you will get a lot of people, especially people like gold sellers, rushing at the opportunity. The rush is a no-brainer to anticipate and should have been tested, especially since it starts on a weekend (a 3-day weekend where net and this company are located). Existing arenanet customers are a bit kittened off, the tea shop gets bad PR, how does either company come out of this looking good?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"phoenixxx.8230" said:

> > @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> > **If, like some players, I get multiple codes, does it count as promotion abuse if I only use one code for myself and gift away the rest?**

> >

> > Chris also said this: "To my knowledge, we are only closing the newly created promotion heroic edition accounts created by those that are heavily abusing the promotion to do so."

> > So if I happen to get multiple codes via a bug, does that count as abusing the promotion? I understand banning those who create multiple core accounts for their personal use and gain, but what if I only upgrade my one alt account and give away the rest of the codes? Again, this doesn't sound like a bannable offense to me, but I want to be absolutely sure.

> >

>

> There have been account of players who redeemed multiple codes (e.g. via different FB accounts) but it may not be as straight forward because each FB account was used to redeem exactly one code. Even if detected, it will be difficult to prove that these codes are being abused by one single person wanting multiple accounts vs. him/her actually giving it to, say, a family member or partner living in the same house.

>

> Same for those who bugged out with the app giving out more than one code... would love to have one myself :P

>

> I don't think transferring login rewards is an issue... this is a common practice and is accepted in GW2. People have been doing it for years.

Actually, it’s very easy to prove.

I don’t get at all why ANet is handing out free game codes with this promotion. Seeing as the Dragon outfit would be a big deal for people who own the game that means the main people who would go for this promotion would be people who already play the game and goldsellers hoping to snag multiple free accounts. The numbers of people trying the game for the first time will be far fewer. They should have just given away the Dragon outfit in the gemstore rather than have all these free accounts entering the game like this through an unregulated source.

I finally got it to work while sat in the train station using their free WiFi. (Probably a coincidence that's where it worked, I was just killing time going between the app and debating the history of witchcraft on Twitter.)

Signed into both my accounts on the GW2 site to apply the codes, now I just have to wait until I get home to make sure they work.

I didn't have to do anything special to get it working, just trying the same steps over and over until it finally connected. Had a stressful moment when it said I had the codes then suddenly said I had no messages, but I restarted the app and they were back.

Signed up, didn't work initially and then got sent 3 codes for the heroic additon and none for the actual dragon emblem outfit thing and now all the messages with codes are gone.

I appreciate Anet breaking out and trying to give us lil promos and gifts but this is honestly a wreck since the app being used bugs out, crashes repeatedly and then doesn't work as advertised... Not to mention the other half of the rewards (the deluxe edition of the game) happens to be US only. What about the rest of the fanbase that play your game, Anet? There's people in places other than the US.

Here are some extra codes I got due to the glitchy app crashing everytime I tapped on the promo enjoy

Heroic pack codes

D22QTM-J9KV8-GXKN-T8T6TFD

F4473J-7RWPF-H7T1-SF2-QGRQH33

CQQCM8-VXCWP-CSM6-JQ9-WVBP2FS

H11918-FPBHC-6GMS-L6B-P8CPR38

CJJ932-FXCS9-PKL1-P9PWD9C

8DDVC6-R3D3P-49DR-X96-C6JWG7B

CVVTL3-2M6M7-VXQN-W8P-31F79WX

CKKC78-B91SK-VGF8-K24-V3HNTP2

Shirt codes

922HSD-SBHF6-41S3-FM1-J8N6Q7D

B22VPH-QLKXP-JD27-D69-KCMJWGB

GVVJP8-MDWCL-FRN8-K6D-4RLHGK3

FVVBR4-T6QVG-H1BN-TMH-1RNKTHS

1778V2-SVLS7-NDWB-74F-2CHWJ6W

3DD94C-P37TP-16BN-3FC-SWVKPW1

6RR187-NMNRS-T6JD-7WN-FRS6DLB

B667GJ-46HLF-87XB-QND-MNDCRJP

Enoy

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I'll let you know.

>

> I got 2 sets of codes so I used 1 on my main account and 1 on my free account. I'm fully intending to share items between the two, not for any illegal purpose, just because they can help each other.

>

> If I get banned I'll tell you.

Just wondering, did the code turn your free account into a full account? That is, did it add two more character slots and daily awards?

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I'll let you know.

> >

> > I got 2 sets of codes so I used 1 on my main account and 1 on my free account. I'm fully intending to share items between the two, not for any illegal purpose, just because they can help each other.

> >

> > If I get banned I'll tell you.

>

> Just wondering, did the code turn your free account into a full account? That is, did it add two more character slots and daily awards?

Yes, putting the code on a free account turns it into a full base account.

Yep, it turned my free account into a full core game account. I've got all 5 character slots unlocked, login rewards and the thing nagging me to upgrade in the corner of the screen is gone. Interesting even though the account is over 2 years old (created when free accounts first became available) a lot of the new account restrictions are still in place - I can't buy most items on the Trading Post or use the guild bank. I'll have to wait and see if they unlock after the waiting period, or if they don't unlock without buying an expansion.

Of course now I'm going to have to make a new free account next time I want to check out how the limitations affect something.

They could have done a miniquest or some in-game stuff to award the t-shirt, they could have done Twitch, FB, Twitter promo...instead they support a weird app that has hardly any real use outside of the promo (and even there it fails badly).

But who knows...maybe this partnership means 'Bubbles' expansion confirmed? =)

> @"Irbis.4932" said:

> They could have done a miniquest or some in-game stuff to award the t-shirt, they could have done Twitch, FB, Twitter promo...instead they support a weird app that has hardly any real use outside of the promo (and even there it fails badly).

Given the obvious demand/popularity for the shirt, they could've thrown it in the gemstore for 700 gems (or more) and raked in the dough.

Finally i got mine. I'm thankfull to Anet (and Kung Fu Tea) for this gifts.

Because of the app bugs, i had one code ... and few more. I used the first outfit code for my main account, and a second outfit code for my wife's account. No problem, it perfectly worked. Now, with my main account, i don't need the Heroic Edition code, so i've tried to use it on my wife's account... But the code doesn't work. I've tried the 2nd heroic code and it doesn't work too.

Should i contact the support team ? Is it on purpose and no Heroic code work now ?

Then, if i understood well, i am allowed to offer the few more codes i got to my guildies ? Right ?

I did not use any program or anything illegal. I only use my finger ^^ That's all, and the app just made mistake and gave me these codes. Now, i want to be kind with a community i play with since 2007. Some of these players can't use smartphones or don't have social accounts. So, is it allowed ?

Thanks a lot for your answer(s).