Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

There's no way in hell i'm installing a foreign unknown third party App on my cell phone.

So i can get none stop add's & what ever crap that pops up over using my CPU & Bandwith.

Even less for Gw2 rewards.

Keep your D reward, ...

**(Feel's like Esport is a great idea..will make tons of money & get more players to play all over again)**

Who takes credit for taken dease decisions? like really

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Well looks like they disabled the promo.

>

> Kung Fu Tea

> 18 tim ·

>

> Thank you for all the enthusiastic GW2 fans and your support for our promotion. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that occurred while claiming the DLC codes via our app.

> Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we are trying our best to resolve the issue.

> We will make sure that you guys get the DLC codes anyway. We will have another update for you guys tomorrow!

Yeah... guess we all need to change passwords ASAP... “Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers.”

For emphasis... “the hackers”

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > Can someone give me a very clear breakdown of EXACTLY where the rewards show up? I go into Social rewards from the lines icon on the left top corner - I have Rewards/Activity/Profile options in there - when I go into rewards there is nothing there - am I doing it right and its just not processing it? It was the profile tab that i originally got the option to link to Instagram ( it was the only way i could get it to pop) The button for linking is switched on.

> >

> > For the love of God please someone feeling generous give me a code i would be forever grateful( but will settle for a clarification on if its the app or im not looking in the right place.

>

> It seems the app will get stuck in the following places:

> 1. Logging in

> 2. Connecting to FB/instagram

> 3. Showing you the Rewards after it has connected.

> 4. Clicking on the reward will then crash the app

> 5. The reward will get claimed and disappear but the message with the code won't show up (this is as far as I've gotten; no reward anymore, no code yet).

> 6. Opening the message itself? I think?

So can you tell me exactly which tab/page etc I actually will find a reward and what it will look like? is it a box I can click on in social rewards that says gw2? which tab is it in? Rewards/Activity/Profile ty!

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > Well looks like they disabled the promo.

> >

> > Kung Fu Tea

> > 18 tim ·

> >

> > Thank you for all the enthusiastic GW2 fans and your support for our promotion. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that occurred while claiming the DLC codes via our app.

> > Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we are trying our best to resolve the issue.

> > We will make sure that you guys get the DLC codes anyway. We will have another update for you guys tomorrow!

>

> Yeah... guess we all need to change passwords ASAP... “Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers.”

>

> For emphasis... “the hackers”

I'm pretty sure "the hackers" are simply the vast number of GW2 players (and some gold sellers) jamming an app not made to handle that many users for the past few days.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> My Facebook account is locked because of “suspicious activity” and now I have the joy of trying to reclaim it. I actually managed to log in using Instagram for all the good that did. No rewards showed even after hours had passed.

>

> I wonder... will ANet give out a free account and outfit to anyone who doesn’t manage to get this buggy app to work? Because I think they should.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> My Facebook account is locked because of “suspicious activity” and now I have the joy of trying to reclaim it. I actually managed to log in using Instagram for all the good that did. No rewards showed even after hours had passed.

>

> I wonder... will ANet give out a free account and outfit to anyone who doesn’t manage to get this buggy app to work? Because I think they should.

Ive had three FB accounts locked, two twitter ( when you could use Twitter) and the Instagram like you shows nothing even tho' it is now linked -oh yeah and if you saw above a completely different person has now been assigned my account - I am now beyond annoyed and side eyeing the very late response...

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> There's no way in hell i'm installing a foreign unknown third party App on my cell phone.

> So i can get none stop add's & what ever crap that pops up over using my CPU & Bandwith.

> Even less for Gw2 rewards.

> Keep your D reward, ...

>

> **(Feel's like Esport is a great idea..will make tons of money & get more players to play all over again)**

> Who takes credit for taken dease decisions? like really

A little bit less paranoia would be healthy. I'm pretty sure KFT isn't some malicious company that does evil stuff with your data. All they probably wanted was some publicity among their target demographic group which are teenagers and young adults. That's why they probably did the stuff with social networks so your friends and the friends of your friends notice KFT. Data protection is important and fine, but some people really exagerrate.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > Well looks like they disabled the promo.

> >

> > Kung Fu Tea

> > 18 tim ·

> >

> > Thank you for all the enthusiastic GW2 fans and your support for our promotion. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that occurred while claiming the DLC codes via our app.

> > Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we are trying our best to resolve the issue.

> > We will make sure that you guys get the DLC codes anyway. We will have another update for you guys tomorrow!

>

> Yeah... guess we all need to change passwords ASAP... “Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers.”

>

> For emphasis... “the hackers”

Unfortunate choice of words. The problem is probably that their infrastructure can't handle that much traffic, basically having people (and obviously also goldseller-bots) who participate in the promotion cause something that's very similar to a DDoS-attack. It has nothing to do with hackers, so chill.

> @"Jevati.4328" said:

> And as a side note, I hope GW2 people stop leaving 1-star reviews on Kung Fu Tea's FB page. Yes, this whole thing is annoying, but if I'm looking up reviews for a restaurant or food place, I'd like to be able to trust that the reviews are good or bad based on things like the quality of the food, not how angry some gamers got because an app didn't work and they couldn't obtain codes for pixels on a screen.

I'd also like to second this. People really have to relax and not hurt that business (which is probably totally fine since they actually did receive several positive reactions about their service and their products) because of some not well thought out promotion. I also don't like the notion that this is purely KFT's fault. ANet should have been able to predict the outcome of such a promotion - they know their product better than KFT. It's possible that KFT didn't even know what codes they hand out. It's not necessarily obvious to a third party that the heroic edition codes are a feast for goldsellers and that the dragon emblem shirt is a much sought after cosmetic item.

> @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > > @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > > Can someone give me a very clear breakdown of EXACTLY where the rewards show up? I go into Social rewards from the lines icon on the left top corner - I have Rewards/Activity/Profile options in there - when I go into rewards there is nothing there - am I doing it right and its just not processing it? It was the profile tab that i originally got the option to link to Instagram ( it was the only way i could get it to pop) The button for linking is switched on.

> > >

> > > For the love of God please someone feeling generous give me a code i would be forever grateful( but will settle for a clarification on if its the app or im not looking in the right place.

> >

> > It seems the app will get stuck in the following places:

> > 1. Logging in

> > 2. Connecting to FB/instagram

> > 3. Showing you the Rewards after it has connected.

> > 4. Clicking on the reward will then crash the app

> > 5. The reward will get claimed and disappear but the message with the code won't show up (this is as far as I've gotten; no reward anymore, no code yet).

> > 6. Opening the message itself? I think?

> So can you tell me exactly which tab/page etc I actually will find a reward and what it will look like? is it a box I can click on in social rewards that says gw2? which tab is it in? Rewards/Activity/Profile ty!

It *should* appear on the Social Rewards page, under the Rewards tab, with a GW2 logo.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> I live 96 miles away from the nearest Kung Fu Tea, and that's "close" compared to some of the people in this thread. Not sure why ArenaNet thought this was a good decision.

Yes, I live in a major metropolitan area so there are a few relatively near .... but none near where I would normally be at. Does anyone seriously think we will make special trips to go to their stores? An internet company doing a cross-promotion with a brick-and-mortar location (unless it is someplace that is pretty much everywhere) makes 0 sense.

> @"Jevati.4328" said:

> And as a side note, I hope GW2 people stop leaving 1-star reviews on Kung Fu Tea's FB page. Yes, this whole thing is annoying, but if I'm looking up reviews for a restaurant or food place, I'd like to be able to trust that the reviews are good or bad based on things like the quality of the food, not how angry some gamers got because an app didn't work and they couldn't obtain codes for pixels on a screen.

Actually, look at the dates and what was written. Not all the 1 star reviews are from GW2 people, it seems this version was not exactly popular already.

I tried to have a look to see what places were near me and it could not do that either. So it is not just this functionality.

> @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> So ppl wanted to abuse the promotion by making free accounts heroic and now are mad they get lock out of facebook. Lol this is the best promotion ever, I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. :# =) B) :p =)

Most of the anger is from people legit just trying to get one code and not being able to and giving up.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > Well looks like they disabled the promo.

> > >

> > > Kung Fu Tea

> > > 18 tim ·

> > >

> > > Thank you for all the enthusiastic GW2 fans and your support for our promotion. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that occurred while claiming the DLC codes via our app.

> > > Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we are trying our best to resolve the issue.

> > > We will make sure that you guys get the DLC codes anyway. We will have another update for you guys tomorrow!

> >

> > Yeah... guess we all need to change passwords ASAP... “Our developers are working hard during the Labor Day weekend to fight against the hackers.”

> >

> > For emphasis... “the hackers”

>

> I'm pretty sure "the hackers" are simply the vast number of GW2 players (and some gold sellers) jamming an app not made to handle that many users for the past few days.

Yes, anytime someone sees their numbers on a web report spike they start screaming that they have been attacked. The most likely reason is their site just got some publicity somewhere.

> @"Digger.8659" said:

> I would like to get this Dragon Emblem outfit, but sadly I don't have a smartphone or any social media accounts to participate with. Is there another way to get the outfit?

You can install Android apps on your PC using an emulator, and create a throw-away profile on one of the relevant social media sites (even using a throw-away email if you want) just to link it with the app, then delete the whole lot once you've got the outfit.

Alternatively some people have been getting 2 or more codes because of the app running so slowly, so they might have a spare one to give you.

> So ppl wanted to abuse the promotion by making free accounts heroic and now are mad they get lock out of facebook. Lol this is the best promotion ever, I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

People are trying to get the one outfit and the one gamecode but because it’s requiring multiple attempts it causes FB accounts to lock up. Trying to get one isn’t abusing the promotion.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Jevati.4328" said:

> > And as a side note, I hope GW2 people stop leaving 1-star reviews on Kung Fu Tea's FB page. Yes, this whole thing is annoying, but if I'm looking up reviews for a restaurant or food place, I'd like to be able to trust that the reviews are good or bad based on things like the quality of the food, not how angry some gamers got because an app didn't work and they couldn't obtain codes for pixels on a screen.

>

> Actually, look at the dates and what was written. Not all the 1 star reviews are from GW2 people, it seems this version was not exactly popular already.

>

> I tried to have a look to see what places were near me and it could not do that either. So it is not just this functionality.

I was talking about Facebook reviews about the company itself, not reviews on the iTunes store for the app. I've seen several reviews like this over the past couple days on Facebook, although I think KFT is trying to remove them, because there aren't hardly any right now. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

![](https://i.imgur.com/FP3sKeE.png "")

> So ppl wanted to abuse the promotion by making free accounts heroic and now are mad they get lock out of facebook. Lol this is the best promotion ever, I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. :# =) B) :p =)

Blame the victims much?

The heroic edition as part of this can take a flying leap. I have two PAID accounts, both the highest digital level of basic while it was still on sale and one of those with both expansions. I wanted to add the DLC.

This is so funny, app updated with new activities showing people posting "their" drinks, and one picture was literally reused by two other people, one cut away a bit on the outer edge and one clearly took a picture of the picture off of his monitor. This is so funny. Next up we will see ebay auctions for pictures of kung fu tea that can be used to enter the sweepstake :)