Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > >

> > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > Don't forget the promotion goes on until the end of September. You can always wait for them to fix the problems, or just for demand to die down, and then try again later.

> > >

> > > Yes, this is exactly true. I've seen other forum members say the same. I totally understand wanting to get the rewards, but feel sure you'll be able to get the goody/goodies soon.

> >

> > Hi Gaile, could you confirm that the account upgrade is only usable to upgrade an existing account rather than a F2P one?

>

> Why would she confirm that and where did you even get this idea? This is the first time I even see anyone assuming this.

>

> Half this thread consists of people complaining about other people making lots of new accounts and using codes on them and we already know that people who heavily abuse the system by creating lots of new accounts and then use lots of codes on them to remove the f2p restrictions had these accounts closed, Chris Cleary posted that. How would that even work if newly created accounts would not accept the codes.

>

>

No idea why you are being so incredulous - there are plenty of people talking on Reddit about older accounts being locked, and saying its not following the pattern claimed. But yeah what a stupid idea....asking for some clarity in this clusterkitten, on a thread specifically set up to share information.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat related @"Gaile Gray.6029" :

The app spit 2 sets of keys at me, so I could get everything I need on my main account, and gift the heroic edition to a coworker..but the second shirt I don't need.

So, after googling what people are doing (a giveaway site or something), I found that people are getting dragon shirt keys to sell on eBay for something like $50 a pop. (I am not selling mine, btw) Failing forward, is there a plan to dissuade such behavior in future endeavors?

eg. Apply for key in app --> "You get key, click here to open! Key will only be valid for 1 hour after opening" --> User must open the key and enter it into GW within an hour of opening.

No I don't know if that would work by any means, but as-is it would be very easy to create a bogus facebook or twitter account and hammer the app to get infinite accounts/shirts.

> @"Kaynide.5387" said:

> Somewhat related @"Gaile Gray.6029" :

> The app spit 2 sets of keys at me, so I could get everything I need on my main account, and gift the heroic edition to a coworker..but the second shirt I don't need.

> So, after googling what people are doing (a giveaway site or something), I found that people are getting dragon shirt keys to sell on eBay for something like $50 a pop. (I am not selling mine, btw) Failing forward, is there a plan to dissuade such behavior in future endeavors?

>

> eg. Apply for key in app --> "You get key, click here to open! Key will only be valid for 1 hour after opening" --> User must open the key and enter it into GW within an hour of opening.

>

> No I don't know if that would work by any means, but as-is it would be very easy to create a bogus facebook or twitter account and hammer the app to get infinite accounts/shirts.

With how often the app is crashing and codes showing then not showing then showing again before people have a chance to use them, limiting the codes usage time to an hour would probably screw a lot of people over.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > When the reward list finally comes up, I don’t see the one for the outfit any more. Just the deluxe giveaway entry and the three $1 ones now. :/

>

> Same

When the promo don't show in the reward page anymore it's because they're sending it to you. Don't logoff or unlink your account and keep looking in the message inbox in the profile page.

Some people say eventually there's a small (1) notice on the message, but mine didn't show that, I just kept checking the inbox every few minutes, and eventually(about 3 or 4 hours later) it was there.

App only shows the share a photo of the drink reward now.

Took three days to get my facespace linked and I couldn't get a code. Now it's not available?

I am Jack's pissed off liver. A company i care nothing about has my PII now and I have nothing to show for it?

If I was European i would be gdpr mad, but im american so I'm just going to sit here and go rabble rabble rabble. (Seriously though. Not cool from a data privacy perspective though at least we knew what we were getting into to get a reward.)

> @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > When the reward list finally comes up, I don’t see the one for the outfit any more. Just the deluxe giveaway entry and the three $1 ones now. :/

> >

> > Same

>

> When the promo don't show in the reward page anymore it's because they're sending it to you. Don't logoff or unlink your account and keep looking in the message inbox in the profile page.

> Some people say eventually there's a small (1) notice on the message, but mine didn't show that, I just kept checking the inbox every few minutes, and eventually(about 3 or 4 hours later) it was there.

How can they send something to me when I havent seen the reward icon to click on to begin with?`

Was nothing untill 15 mins ago and then its only the deluxe edition photo req one.

> @"Rococo.8347" said:

> No idea why you are being so incredulous - there are plenty of people talking on Reddit about older accounts being locked, and saying its not following the pattern claimed. But yeah what a stupid idea....asking for some clarity in this clusterkitten, on a thread specifically set up to share information.

I was not calling anyone stupid, please don't overreact. There are just a few people (I remember two right now, where one of them made multiple posts about it) and not plenty, and the statement by Chris Cleary (which was also quoted in this thread, but you should know it anyway as you know the reddit thread) was that only accounts of people were closed for heavily abusing the codes on newly created accounts. Now, there is always the possibility of a few errors happening, but as far as I know ArenaNet has also always corrected it when there were honest mistakes.

Just because some random people do the usual "I have been banned but I am so innocent" posts you believe that ArenaNet would actually do a big crosspromotion, include it in their launcher, and then ban people for using the codes on their accounts? I think I should point the word "incredulous" back to you.

Also, your initial post did not even ask if it was allowed or maybe bannable to use the code on an existing account. You asked if the codes were usable (which they are).

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > > When the reward list finally comes up, I don’t see the one for the outfit any more. Just the deluxe giveaway entry and the three $1 ones now. :/

> > >

> > > Same

> >

> > When the promo don't show in the reward page anymore it's because they're sending it to you. Don't logoff or unlink your account and keep looking in the message inbox in the profile page.

> > Some people say eventually there's a small (1) notice on the message, but mine didn't show that, I just kept checking the inbox every few minutes, and eventually(about 3 or 4 hours later) it was there.

>

> How can they send something to me when I havent seen the reward icon to click on to begin with?`

> Was nothing untill 15 mins ago and then its only the deluxe edition photo req one.

They said it doesn't show "any more", so I assumed it showed before and they clicked on it.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> The company needs to be much more clear about what is happening. When they say delays they need to be clear. If they removed the reward temporarily they need to say so. Right now the communication has been very vague and it is frustrating.

Its funny they said 22 hours ago they said delays: but i got mine at around 10 this morning.

> @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > > > When the reward list finally comes up, I don’t see the one for the outfit any more. Just the deluxe giveaway entry and the three $1 ones now. :/

> > > >

> > > > Same

> > >

> > > When the promo don't show in the reward page anymore it's because they're sending it to you. Don't logoff or unlink your account and keep looking in the message inbox in the profile page.

> > > Some people say eventually there's a small (1) notice on the message, but mine didn't show that, I just kept checking the inbox every few minutes, and eventually(about 3 or 4 hours later) it was there.

> >

> > How can they send something to me when I havent seen the reward icon to click on to begin with?`

> > Was nothing untill 15 mins ago and then its only the deluxe edition photo req one.

>

> They said it doesn't show "any more", so I assumed it showed before and they clicked on it.

>

In my particular case, I linked this account “before” looking for any deals. After the link “took”, I went to the rewards and continually closed and opened until they showed up. When they do, there is the GW2 buy drink one, the three $1 options, but not the one to get the two codes just for linking.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > What promotion? I am gonna assume this was advertised on social media and ask what it is? We need to take a picture with a box of tea?

>

> It's on the Launcher, social media, game magazine sites, forums, etc., etc.

>

> Here's a link: https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

It says we need to link an account to it in order to even register. Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

I know what Facebook is and I don't use it. I think Instagram is a cloud image library that people can see? And Twitter is a public text I think.

Why can't we just link it to our account?

Can we talk about the outfit itself? Who the heck put this together?????????

Come on a T-shirt, shorts, and then knee high fur boots??????

The outfit should have had the sandals from the cooks outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why we need mix n match armor pieces from the town clothes and not outfits!

Years later, YEARS LATER, and still stuck on this same conversation. -shakes fist-

go look for yourselves

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Dragon_Emblem_Clothing_Tonic

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Kaynide.5387" said:

> > Somewhat related @"Gaile Gray.6029" :

> > The app spit 2 sets of keys at me, so I could get everything I need on my main account, and gift the heroic edition to a coworker..but the second shirt I don't need.

> > So, after googling what people are doing (a giveaway site or something), I found that people are getting dragon shirt keys to sell on eBay for something like $50 a pop. (I am not selling mine, btw) Failing forward, is there a plan to dissuade such behavior in future endeavors?

> >

> > eg. Apply for key in app --> "You get key, click here to open! Key will only be valid for 1 hour after opening" --> User must open the key and enter it into GW within an hour of opening.

> >

> > No I don't know if that would work by any means, but as-is it would be very easy to create a bogus facebook or twitter account and hammer the app to get infinite accounts/shirts.

>

> With how often the app is crashing and codes showing then not showing then showing again before people have a chance to use them, limiting the codes usage time to an hour would probably screw a lot of people over.

I think you misunderstood/I wasn't clear in my example. My meaning was, once you get through the BS/crashing, you get a message with the key in it that you can open at your leisure. Once opened, however, the timer starts. Meaning that one should be sitting at their computer with the game open/ready to go when they open said message.

Though I guess it could very well crash when pushing trying to open the message itself, so fair point.

Either way, it's a good learning experience for both Anet and Kung Fu Tea.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > What promotion? I am gonna assume this was advertised on social media and ask what it is? We need to take a picture with a box of tea?

> >

> > It's on the Launcher, social media, game magazine sites, forums, etc., etc.

> >

> > Here's a link: https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

>

> It says we need to link an account to it in order to even register. Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

> I know what Facebook is and I don't use it. I think Instagram is a cloud image library that people can see? And Twitter is a public text I think.

>

> Why can't we just link it to our account?

Because your GW2 account doesn't have any valuable real life data. Your social media accounts have valuable data to mine. Which is likely whats paying for the promotion really.

> @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > > What promotion? I am gonna assume this was advertised on social media and ask what it is? We need to take a picture with a box of tea?

> > >

> > > It's on the Launcher, social media, game magazine sites, forums, etc., etc.

> > >

> > > Here's a link: https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

> >

> > It says we need to link an account to it in order to even register. Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

> > I know what Facebook is and I don't use it. I think Instagram is a cloud image library that people can see? And Twitter is a public text I think.

> >

> > Why can't we just link it to our account?

>

> Because your GW2 account doesn't have any valuable real life data. **Your social media accounts have valuable data** to mine. Which is likely whats paying for the promotion really.

Which is why for stuff like this I use a fake account with fake info. I’m not going to hand out personal info to some unknown company and their “who knows who designed it” app. They get the publicity and the login numbers to show to management and I get some pixels. Fair enough trade as far as I’m concerned.

I'm assuming the "Heroic Edition codes" were meant to be used as an existing account upgrade only. Not to be used to create another account or used to upgrade a F2P account into a full account. Anyone using the code as anything other than upgrading an existing account is playing with fire. A person should expect to get these accounts banned.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > > > What promotion? I am gonna assume this was advertised on social media and ask what it is? We need to take a picture with a box of tea?

> > > >

> > > > It's on the Launcher, social media, game magazine sites, forums, etc., etc.

> > > >

> > > > Here's a link: https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

> > >

> > > It says we need to link an account to it in order to even register. Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

> > > I know what Facebook is and I don't use it. I think Instagram is a cloud image library that people can see? And Twitter is a public text I think.

> > >

> > > Why can't we just link it to our account?

> >

> > Because your GW2 account doesn't have any valuable real life data. **Your social media accounts have valuable data** to mine. Which is likely whats paying for the promotion really.

>

> Which is why for stuff like this I use a fake account with fake info. I’m not going to hand out personal info to some unknown company and their “who knows who designed it” app. They get the publicity and the login numbers to show to management and I get some pixels. Fair enough trade as far as I’m concerned.

>

If the app is on a phone, they'll likely grab your device id, phone number, and contact list.

Then merge the data by the device ID and phone number.

You'll get swept up by others that have you in their contact list anyway.

Big data is disgusting and unavoidable.