Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Hey folks,

>

> Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

Still no mention of removing the ad from the launcher. Definitely smells like sneaky to me.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:I fail to see how this could be anet's issue to fix.

>

> 1 - Anet decided that this promotion was to be worldwide from the start

> 2 - KFT changed the term of the promotion to US only

> 3 - Anet are certainly aware of this change. Either they are agreeing to the change or they are not

> 4 - Anet is voluntarily keeping their non-US player base in the dark as to why it was done and if they agree to the change or not.

What the kitten?

No, we do not know the terms of the contract between the two companies. If I had to bet I would say it was agreed (whether or not kft realized it or not) that it would be worldwide but unless you have seen the terms they agreed to ....

No, anet is not agreeing, they are not saying anything. I have explained why this most probably would be the case several times but I suppose you did not want to read that. Most likely the one that loses out by not saying anything before the weekend is kft.

As a European player who has no idea what kung fu tea is (from what I've read on the links to their site etc I'm guessing it is some sort of starbucks like chain with the focus on tea that has a point system to reward 3d parties maybe...), please please please don't sell out to 3d parties. As someone who plays pretty intensly and has a completionist attitude (if that's even a word), I wanna unlock everything reasonably available in the game, but I don't wanna link any of my social profiles to a 3d party software no matter how "harmless" it is. Anyways, only read the latest post in this forum so not sure if this is even relevant but felt I had to say this, have a nice day!

> @"Greener.6204" said:

> > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > @"Wolfb.7025" said:

> > > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > I read your paid prizes at the cost of a drink, classed as a lottery!

> > > > - You have children playing GW2

> > >

> > > And how does this affects Christmas?

> >

> > Is this a attempt at a joke?

> >

>

> It's about as appropriate as you asking for Anet to provide you with steps on how to proceed with a GDPR and gambling filing against a company with which it has business dealings, specifically ones related to the issues you'd like addressed. Non-defamation, indemnity, and other clauses exist for a reason.

>

> If you are concerned, then this would be a moment of self-empowerment. Research the steps that are needed, and proceed with them; the information necessary is out there.

I disagree, if they have been part of anything that has been illegal the responsible thing would be to either take ownership, or offer advice. It is in my opinion a serious breach in data protection and id theft, via fraud has taken place.

The other issues regarding gambling are another issue altogether.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> I fail to see how this could be anet's issue to fix.

I was with you right up until this part. Anet has a major customer satisfaction issue on their hands, somewhat comically over a free virtual t-shirt, and it is very much their issue to fix. We're their customers, not KFT's (especially now). ANet told us about this completely botched promo; most of us had never even heard of KFT before. They need to put things right.

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> > > @"Absconditus.6804" said:

> > > I'm upset over feeling deceived into giving my private details and past post history to a third-party company for absolutely nothing in return, but I am willing to let ArenaNet take their time to figure out how to best resolve the issue they've been part of creating.

> >

> > This. I really feel like we've been scammed -- data mined and left empty handed for it.

> >

> Same. No point getting upset. No point feverishly hitting refresh in a broken app. No point staring at the forums waiting for an official announcement.

>

> I'm just going to wait the month out and see if I get what I was promised by the end of the promo. If they don't make it right, I'm not going to storm off. I'll still play the game. But I'll be done giving them money.

I believe they are having trouble.. and trying to figure out best approach to manage this. Give them time.

Just like to remind everyone that Anet advertised the contest on EU launcher because KFT did not tell anyone it was US only. Some Euro player were able to get the rewards for linking their FB account to the app. KFT took down the promotion and are saying it's US only.

Some players are reporting having their FB account hacked on Anet devs favorite social board Reddit. Now can you imagine the legal mess if a Euro player who was not supposed to be allowed to participate gets hack, gets his info stolen and sues KFT and anyone involved. This is becoming my favorite soap. Jessica who?

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > Lol this is the best promotion ever, I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. :# =) B) :p =)

>

> Yea europeans love to get treated as second class by US developpers. Tells us quite a lot.

Not just Europeans, it's anyone outside of the US. There are even those of us who play on the NA server who are neglected just because we're outside the US.

I don't get why people keep missing that.

> @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > > Lol this is the best promotion ever, I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. :# =) B) :p =)

> >

> > Yea europeans love to get treated as second class by US developpers. Tells us quite a lot.

>

> Not just Europeans, it's anyone outside of the US. There are even those of us who play on the NA server who are neglected just because we're outside the US.

>

> I don't get why people keep missing that.

Because a good part of the GW2 community is made of european players. Which is why we talk about EU because that’s where (besides the US) the game gets most traffic and where those who refer to EU live.

Not saying non-US/EU players don’t count of course. If you’re from Asia or Africa just make yourself and your community heard.

Also I’ve seen quite many times EU players getting excluded from promos, event and many other things just because they’re in the EU and not US. I can somehow understand why, but it seems they don’t understand that it’s better to get their brand known under a good light.

Just my 0,02€.

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Hey folks,

> >

> > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

>

> Can you provide your player base any advice as to reporting this GDPR Breach, and also gambling Breach : this is taken from the gambling commision:

> 2 The distinction between lotteries, prize competitions and

> free draws

> 2.1 The Act defines two types of lottery: a simple lottery and a complex lottery.

> A simple lottery is where:

> • persons are required to pay to participate

> • one or more prizes are allocated to the participants in the scheme

> • prizes are allocated wholly by chance.

>

> I read your paid prizes at the cost of a drink, classed as a lottery!

> - You have children playing GW2

GDPR is a European thing, the sweepstakes only applies to the United States, and each state has their own individual laws, and even then, the sweepstakes is limited to specific cities where you buy it.

The part about linking your social media requires no purchase at all and the rewards are guaranteed, at least when the system works.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > Hey folks,

> > >

> > > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

> >

> > Can you provide your player base any advice as to reporting this GDPR Breach, and also gambling Breach : this is taken from the gambling commision:

> > 2 The distinction between lotteries, prize competitions and

> > free draws

> > 2.1 The Act defines two types of lottery: a simple lottery and a complex lottery.

> > A simple lottery is where:

> > • persons are required to pay to participate

> > • one or more prizes are allocated to the participants in the scheme

> > • prizes are allocated wholly by chance.

> >

> > I read your paid prizes at the cost of a drink, classed as a lottery!

> > - You have children playing GW2

>

> GDPR is a European thing, the sweepstakes only applies to the United States, and each state has their own individual laws, and even then, the sweepstakes is limited to specific cities where you buy it.

>

> The part about linking your social media requires no purchase at all and the rewards are guaranteed, at least when the system works.

You’re missing the point.

The first four days of this promotion didn’t specify US only for the DLC codes, only the sweepstakes.

In those four days, many EU players gave KFT their info in exchange for these codes, because of their lacksidaisical writing. Whether they obtained the codes or not is a different story. I (in the UK) personally DID get codes, without location spoofing, on 1st September. Therefore, we are certainly covered under the GDPR whether KFT likes it or not.

Anet had the promo in all Game Launchers in ALL supported languages until the 4th of September, there was no need for the localised language if this was indeed US only, no?

KFT adjust their ‘unofficial’ rules (there are/were no official rules) for the promo to only be for US residents 4 days into the promotion (changing anything about a promo like this is illegal pretty much everywhere, unless there’s a unique unavoidable circumstance in which you need to change the TaC/Prize, eg, you win a holiday to a destination that has recently had a tragic natural disaster, so the prize needs to be changed, that sort of circumstance)

There are no official rules, or Terms and Conditions for the promo. Only the 4 bulletpoints we get, which from the 1st to the 4th of September, were ambiguous to location. Both the Sweepstakes and DLC were considered separate promos under the same brand.

There’s no age restriction like there should be with any sort of giveaway/lottery/sweepstakes etc.

KFT app was/is not region-locked.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > Hey folks,

> > >

> > > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

> >

> > Anet not even giving any explanation yet?

> > I started to feel sorry for those two staff who got fired on holiday for unfriendly behavior toward player.

> > How about those event designer who pissed off all EU player with this event?

> > That's a really unfriendly move toward all player who are not living in the US.

> >

> > No wonder why Ruby keeps repeating in twitch live again and again how Anet values the player community. You need to repeat a lie till everyone believes you....

> > Wish the "KFT" provides a better solution next week, but I had a bad feeling about this...

>

> Well I dont see how anet can fire kft staff but please enlighten me

So you suggesting that no one from Anet side has done anything to promote this event?

> @"WSL.5931" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > Hey folks,

> > > >

> > > > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

> > >

> > > Anet not even giving any explanation yet?

> > > I started to feel sorry for those two staff who got fired on holiday for unfriendly behavior toward player.

> > > How about those event designer who pissed off all EU player with this event?

> > > That's a really unfriendly move toward all player who are not living in the US.

> > >

> > > No wonder why Ruby keeps repeating in twitch live again and again how Anet values the player community. You need to repeat a lie till everyone believes you....

> > > Wish the "KFT" provides a better solution next week, but I had a bad feeling about this...

> >

> > Well I dont see how anet can fire kft staff but please enlighten me

>

> So you suggesting that no one from Anet side has done anything to promote this event?

Not saying that but anet was not the ones who changed the deal making it only us, forcing them to take away their advertisment about it.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > Hey folks,

> > > > >

> > > > > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

> > > >

> > > > Anet not even giving any explanation yet?

> > > > I started to feel sorry for those two staff who got fired on holiday for unfriendly behavior toward player.

> > > > How about those event designer who pissed off all EU player with this event?

> > > > That's a really unfriendly move toward all player who are not living in the US.

> > > >

> > > > No wonder why Ruby keeps repeating in twitch live again and again how Anet values the player community. You need to repeat a lie till everyone believes you....

> > > > Wish the "KFT" provides a better solution next week, but I had a bad feeling about this...

> > >

> > > Well I dont see how anet can fire kft staff but please enlighten me

> >

> > So you suggesting that no one from Anet side has done anything to promote this event?

>

> Not saying that but anet was not the ones who changed the deal making it only us, forcing them to take away their advertisment about it.

Do you really think one side of the agreement can change the terms on a whim? Wow, brb Im gonna take a huge loan and then change the agreements on my own to not pay it.... We are not talking about some mouth to mouth agreement, we are talking about serious(or not serious as we can see) agreement between two, probably multimulionaire companies

> @"RankoR.1942" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > > Hey folks,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anet not even giving any explanation yet?

> > > > > I started to feel sorry for those two staff who got fired on holiday for unfriendly behavior toward player.

> > > > > How about those event designer who pissed off all EU player with this event?

> > > > > That's a really unfriendly move toward all player who are not living in the US.

> > > > >

> > > > > No wonder why Ruby keeps repeating in twitch live again and again how Anet values the player community. You need to repeat a lie till everyone believes you....

> > > > > Wish the "KFT" provides a better solution next week, but I had a bad feeling about this...

> > > >

> > > > Well I dont see how anet can fire kft staff but please enlighten me

> > >

> > > So you suggesting that no one from Anet side has done anything to promote this event?

> >

> > Not saying that but anet was not the ones who changed the deal making it only us, forcing them to take away their advertisment about it.

>

> Do you really think one side of the agreement can change the terms on a whim? Wow, brb Im gonna take a huge loan and then change the agreements on my own to not pay it.... We are not talking about some mouth to mouth agreement, we are talking about serious(or not serious as we can see) agreement between two, probably multimulionaire companies

Thats how the look dont it why would anet translate and make a promotion in their own client, if they knew all along it was only for americans?

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > Hey folks,

> > > >

> > > > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

> > >

> > > Can you provide your player base any advice as to reporting this GDPR Breach, and also gambling Breach : this is taken from the gambling commision:

> > > 2 The distinction between lotteries, prize competitions and

> > > free draws

> > > 2.1 The Act defines two types of lottery: a simple lottery and a complex lottery.

> > > A simple lottery is where:

> > > • persons are required to pay to participate

> > > • one or more prizes are allocated to the participants in the scheme

> > > • prizes are allocated wholly by chance.

> > >

> > > I read your paid prizes at the cost of a drink, classed as a lottery!

> > > - You have children playing GW2

> >

> > GDPR is a European thing, the sweepstakes only applies to the United States, and each state has their own individual laws, and even then, the sweepstakes is limited to specific cities where you buy it.

> >

> > The part about linking your social media requires no purchase at all and the rewards are guaranteed, at least when the system works.

>

> You’re missing the point.

> The first four days of this promotion didn’t specify US only for the DLC codes, only the sweepstakes.

>

The sweepstakes is the lottery the person was talking about in regards to children, however, you acknowledge the sweepstakes was always US only, making the GDPR in regards to the sweepstakes irrelevant.

> @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> They really should just dumpster this "promotion" and mail active players the outfit at least. Feels really unfair that people could get 100's of codes by spamming early and those that just wanted ONE are now left out.

And the heroic thingy too, not everybody wanted the outfit. Some people want the heroic edition for the armor skin or to unlock their f2p account and they gave their info same as the people who wanted the outfit.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"RankoR.1942" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"WSL.5931" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > > > Hey folks,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anet not even giving any explanation yet?

> > > > > > I started to feel sorry for those two staff who got fired on holiday for unfriendly behavior toward player.

> > > > > > How about those event designer who pissed off all EU player with this event?

> > > > > > That's a really unfriendly move toward all player who are not living in the US.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No wonder why Ruby keeps repeating in twitch live again and again how Anet values the player community. You need to repeat a lie till everyone believes you....

> > > > > > Wish the "KFT" provides a better solution next week, but I had a bad feeling about this...

> > > > >

> > > > > Well I dont see how anet can fire kft staff but please enlighten me

> > > >

> > > > So you suggesting that no one from Anet side has done anything to promote this event?

> > >

> > > Not saying that but anet was not the ones who changed the deal making it only us, forcing them to take away their advertisment about it.

> >

> > Do you really think one side of the agreement can change the terms on a whim? Wow, brb Im gonna take a huge loan and then change the agreements on my own to not pay it.... We are not talking about some mouth to mouth agreement, we are talking about serious(or not serious as we can see) agreement between two, probably multimulionaire companies

>

> Thats how the look dont it why would anet translate and make a promotion in their own client, if they knew all along it was only for americans?

>

It only means that Anet knew all along in the first place it was "not" only for americans. Then KFT or Anet agree with each other to change the rule mid way and take off all ads on luncher.

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Hey folks,

> >

> > Kung Fu Tea posted a [message ](https://www.facebook.com/kungfuteausa/posts/10155678683821016?__xts__%5b0%5d=68.ARBkkAMy2sDhWm8xNiamebbSyv008cNBJEGFpgpdBQqVQemSEB0QHxbF_DNjEGYJJTvdeZfhQyYCBMFuuZUJzAo-H9Af11PPEOHDkIB3CrQVkXBjGCWkzg-Zk7mAXKCAOFCpStHK0ryHqgzLRQM_4rnTgGCxhDH14VCEl1ei5AGFqU5vsvt_QZg&__tn__=-R "message ")about the status of the giveaway this afternoon. In short, they still are working on resolving the issues that resulted in the pause of the promotion and will be giving another update next week.

>

> That's it?

>

> What about the fact that they changed the promotion from worldwide to US only? Does Anet has NOTHING to say about it?

>

> Comon, you can inform us better than that Gaile.

>

> Too bad I cannot give your message : Helpful : -1  Thumbs Up : -1

>

>

Don't take out your frustrations on Gaile, she can only say what she is allowed to say.