Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Haishao.6851" said:

> This is weird

> I went on to make an Instagram account and my email was showing like it's already been used.

> I don't remember ever having an Instagram account so I did a password reset, and once I got into the account I found out someone from Asia has been using my email for their Instagram.

And now that person will be freaking out because he can't get into "his" Instagram. Serves him right.

> @"Vegeta.2563" said:

> I doubt in store people have a clue about this promo.. This is probably online only in terms of promoting. In store people just sell the drinks, and have nothing to do with the promotion at all.

I see retail and fast food people handle third party promos like this constantly, and while I agree that they likely don't know about it in this case, I still believe that it would be easier to implement it that way and it would be far less hassle than what this turned out to be. They could have just had you download the app and buy an item of merchandise using it. Send an email with the code and done.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Also the app have a very bad rating in google play now, 2.1/5 by the way.

>

> That's actually pretty harsh and shows that it's proper trash. xD Even the most blatant cash-grabs like that stupid mobile Harry Potter game are above 4 stars.

It only shows that all try to get dozens of Twink Account and get angry its Not working.look at Text of ratings

> @"Zaron.1987" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > Also the app have a very bad rating in google play now, 2.1/5 by the way.

> >

> > That's actually pretty harsh and shows that it's proper trash. xD Even the most blatant cash-grabs like that stupid mobile Harry Potter game are above 4 stars.

>

> It only shows that all try to get dozens of Twink Account and get angry its Not working.look at Text of ratings

It was already at 2,5 stars out of 5 in the morning when the promotion launched, so GW2 only reduced the rating by 0,4 stars.

Kinda sad to see people on ebay who sell codes for 50 £/€/$ upwards on ebay. :/

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

>

> That's actually pretty harsh and shows that it's proper trash. xD Even the most blatant cash-grabs like that stupid mobile Harry Potter game are above 4 stars.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

>

"Proper trash" is a bit harsh as an analysis. It's probably more accurate to say that it wasn't designed around world+dog all trying to log in to it all at once (and neither was their back-end infrastructure), and because back-end connectivity errors are supposed to be rare, the developers didn't put a lot of effort into handling the errors. Under normal circumstances, a niche-y app like this one wouldn't get a whole lot of traffic, and error handling for stuff that will be used by Joe Public is really hard.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's a great app. It's not. But in the circumstances, it probably doesn't rate this kind of treatment. See also https://xkcd.com/937/ for another take on the value of averaged star ratings.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > This is weird

> > I went on to make an Instagram account and my email was showing like it's already been used.

> > I don't remember ever having an Instagram account so I did a password reset, and once I got into the account I found out someone from Asia has been using my email for their Instagram.

>

> And now that person will be freaking out because he can't get into "his" Instagram. Serves him right.

Same happened for me some time ago. Someone entered my Mail in Spotify. Cause it was a free Account i closed it. :p Some Week before he did Same with paid Sony Network Account also with my mail but recognized his fail in Minutes and changed it to His Mail... So his Mail seems almost similiar to Mine. But how he could fail two times its Just lol.

But you See sometimes its Not scam Just a fail with Mail similarity. And now btt.

Anet, seriously. WHO thought this promo was a good idea?! It's not working and it's really frustrating. I can't connect with twitter. I can SOMETIMES connect with Instagram, but it's not working. I can't redeem the rewards.

I don't have a facebookaccount and thought "Ok, I will sign up..." But Facebook IS A NIGHTMARE!!! They want to know EVERYTHING! I can't sign up without a phone number. What do they wanna know next? My shoe size??

Just give us the damn code and be done with it. I love this game, but stupid, complicated stunts like these really are annoying. Instead of playing and relaxing I wasted over an hour on this stupid app without success. ARGH!!!!!!

1- Delete the app

2- Shut down phone

3- Restart

4- Re-download

5- Reconnect with Social media fb/twi/insta

6- You can re-login but not link it seems, but better, charge during a several time like working but then "An error occurred when registering" whereas it's the same screen... that's mind blowing... btw, twitter have been removed from link options it seems.

Well, I tried making a dummy facebook account for my character, but now I can't log back into facebook without submitting a photo...of my character (I guess?), and I tried uploading another screenshot of my character, with the face clearly visible, and no other characters on the screen, but they won't accept my 'photo'.

So that whole approach is a simulation hypothesis spinning out of control. :/

Hopefully it will take my character's new Instagram account eventually.

I super-deleted my Facebook account a few months back, and wouldn't agree to give it if it was still active. I have an Instagram account, to follow my family and keep up with their awesomeness and be supportive and what not, but I'm not about to offer that up for sale either.

So hopefully ANet will respond to my support ticket and just give me two codes I can use to get my free things. I think I put the work in at this point. :3

Nothing in particular worked for me. I just kept trying every so often throughout the day and eventually it worked. Had to fight through the error messages and FB worked in the end. Instagram kept looking like it was working but wouldn't make the toggle switch green, and Twitter never showed.

Progress!

Okay, I think I finally got my character's Instagram connected. I can come back to it, and I see her little profile picture that's pulled from Instagram. I kept trying the setup through the reward thing, and now that reward thing is gone (I can no longer pick it), so presumably I'll get an email (in app?) message with my codes soon?

![](https://i.imgur.com/Knvl4mP.gif "")

> @"Penguin.1345" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > I don't understood they have put that amount of rewards behind that app and the app herself doesn't work...

>

> I think the Kung Fu Tea company vastly underestimated how much interest there would be in their app. Things are propably on fire on their end.

The server guy coming back from lunch:

![](https://i.imgur.com/cMWalaa.gif "")

> @"Haishao.6851" said:

> So Instagram doesn't work either, so i tried to use an old trash facebook account, it worked for a few minutes but now there's no way to connect to it anymore unless I give them my mobile number.

>

> By the time I get this to work, every abuser will have drained all the codes.

I'm guessing that a lot of people have been making throw away FB accounts for this. FB software probably started flagging accounts that are brand new or rarely used that suddenly have linked the Kung Fu Tea app as suspicious activity. When that happens I think FB wants a mobile number to confirm the account is legit.

Success!

I tried the deleting the app, powering down, re-installing and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier (thanks for that suggestion, @"hugo.4705"!), but waited until I could finally get the reward options to come up, picked the one, then kept trying to login with Instagram from that "$1 off" pop-up until it finally took.

Took maybe another 10-15 min after that to get my in-app message with my codes.

THIS is why I dont have loads of social media accounts and don't get suckered in to stupid promotions that are just an attempt at grabbing your data - I thought this time would be different, no idea how any of you have managed to even get this? I cant even get Instagram to load up via the app - its just continues to say 'there was a problem'? ive been trying on an off for 5 hours...

And this is after setting up an android emulator, researching throw away email accounts and setting up an encrypted one instead, setting up an Instagram ( FB is just for work) initially trying to set up an alternative Twitter because it seemed to be the one that worked best, now its completely disappeared as an option.

Giving up, if someone can point me to a breakdown of how to gte around the 'there was a problem issue' I would appreciate - but honestly, many of us do not have hours to throw at this situation, im already pissed ive lost several hours at a weekend.