Emergency Waypoint Tactic: a suggestion

Eclipsiste.3251

I find the emergency waypoint to be an interesting tactic, too bad it became a "wait there to aoe all incoming defenders before they can even use a skill" tactic.

I was wondering wether it would be possible to link that tactic to several waypoint options.

For example: in a keep you'd have 3 emergency waypoints available, and the guild putting the tactic would have to check a box to chose waypoint 1, 2 or 3... That way enemies would not be able to know exactly where the waypoint would appear before the tactic is activated.

In a tower you could probably have 2 spots.

Allies could always check the tactic to indicate incoming defenders where the WP is going to be.

I know it's not a perfect idea, but I feel the emergency would be more interesting that way...

I don't think they really need to move the EWP, more so that people need to learn when to properly use it. Not after the enemy has breached the objective, but some time before they breach it so you can get people in and positioned to defend. Usually people pull it way too late and the enemy is able to take advantage of that. However, you will still have to suffer through the tactivator troll that will pull all of your tactivators before the zerg comes to take your stuff.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

>

> Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

> >

> > Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

>

> hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

>

> oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

>

> especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

Fights that go on and on and people have time to run back and the epic fight is still going on.

That sounds fantastic.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> People tend to pull the EWP too late it should be going off before the inners are breached. Pro tip though just port in once, die and immediately hit the wp again you will get invuln for a second or two and you can safely dodge out of the bomb.

This guy gets it.

If you die on EWP you can reuse it for easy 5 second invuln...so really you shouldn't waste abilities on inc and just die first instead.

D:

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

> > >

> > > Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

> >

> > hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

> >

> > oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

> >

> > especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

>

> Fights that go on and on and people have time to run back and the epic fight is still going on.

>

> That sounds fantastic.

Amen to that. I wish we saw those 30 minute lords room fights every night.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

>

> Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

Hard pass to that defenders already have enough advantages.

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

> >

>

> Yep, the old way was better. I member.

It was a bug member, at least anet consider it as one unlike their playerbase.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> >

>

> hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

>

> oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

>

> especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

That mainly happened because warriors could banner res the lord.

> @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

> > >

> > > Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

> >

> > hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

> >

> > oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

> >

> > especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

>

> That mainly happened because warriors could banner res the lord.

yea and where did those warrior all come from? yea they ported in, and where did those ppl come from to hold the cap open while the warrior ran in to throw his banner? right, through the wp

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

> > > >

> > > > Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

> > >

> > > hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

> > >

> > > oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

> > >

> > > especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

> >

> > That mainly happened because warriors could banner res the lord.

>

> yea and where did those warrior all come from? yea they ported in, and where did those ppl come from to hold the cap open while the warrior ran in to throw his banner? right, through the wp

They really didn't... usually there was a group fighting in the lords room and if the lord went down, they would be bannered along with other players.

Yes, every 3-4 minutes SOME players could re-enter via WP when the defense event ticked out, and the WP opened for 10 seconds.

And sure, some came through the WP, but if that was the only way, you were going to lose it.

I miss the 30-60 minute Lords room fights on reset especially. Normally that was a Garry thing.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

> > > > >

> > > > > Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

> > > >

> > > > hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

> > > >

> > > > oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

> > > >

> > > > especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

> > >

> > > That mainly happened because warriors could banner res the lord.

> >

> > yea and where did those warrior all come from? yea they ported in, and where did those ppl come from to hold the cap open while the warrior ran in to throw his banner? right, through the wp

>

> They really didn't... usually there was a group fighting in the lords room and if the lord went down, they would be bannered along with other players.

>

> Yes, every 3-4 minutes SOME players could re-enter via WP when the defense event ticked out, and the WP opened for 10 seconds.

>

> And sure, some came through the WP, but if that was the only way, you were going to lose it.

>

> I miss the 30-60 minute Lords room fights on reset especially. Normally that was a Garry thing.

Odd, I was on the other side and found those fights to be endless 1fests where the keep actually flipping was a matter of luck as much as endurance.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > I think the normal waypoint instead should open every 4 minutes or so just for a couple of seconds between contests to allow for a wave style defense.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its totally unheard of and such a far out idea I know but that'd be nice.

> > > > >

> > > > > hell no, sometimes it was fun and made for epic comebacks, i give you that, but most of the time it just drags out fights waaay too long, i remember fights where we stood in the lordroom for more than 30minutes until we finally took it or got wiped out of it because ppl got bored

> > > > >

> > > > > oh but while we are at it, why not do a complete rollback and let warrior banner rezz lords, its completely unplayed now because everyone is just using winds of disenchantment

> > > > >

> > > > > especially on the red border that change could greatly increase the pve experience in wvw and make it more of a raid if those terrible cc spamming monstrosities get revived everytime they die

> > > >

> > > > That mainly happened because warriors could banner res the lord.

> > >

> > > yea and where did those warrior all come from? yea they ported in, and where did those ppl come from to hold the cap open while the warrior ran in to throw his banner? right, through the wp

> >

> > They really didn't... usually there was a group fighting in the lords room and if the lord went down, they would be bannered along with other players.

> >

> > Yes, every 3-4 minutes SOME players could re-enter via WP when the defense event ticked out, and the WP opened for 10 seconds.

> >

> > And sure, some came through the WP, but if that was the only way, you were going to lose it.

> >

> > I miss the 30-60 minute Lords room fights on reset especially. Normally that was a Garry thing.

>

> Odd, I was on the other side and found those fights to be endless 1fests where the keep actually flipping was a matter of luck as much as endurance.

There was that.. :smile:

That's why on reset it made it fun.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Better on reset because we skipped the open field and went right to the waypoint/lord shuffle?

>

>

To a point. Bu it was less about siege as the walls and gate were paper, and supply was a premium. So, fights went on for longer.

Even vs those who were all about the PPT.

Getting a PPT server into open field is futile.

I would rather a lords room fight without seige over taking a tier three vs turtlers

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> I'm surprised, I thought people would want fights?

They don't want fights at all unless they already know they can win. It's why they keep stacking and stacking on a server, and if that fails, restack again to try again. Everyone just wants fast, easy loot and wxp. The best way to do that is stack a server, and only fight in groups of 50-70. Even with dwindling populations, the blobs now are as big as ever. Even in T4. "Oh look, a 40 man group, we almost have that many, let's engage". "Oh look, it's their OTHER 40 man blob (same server) come to save them from having to fight with even odds". Every time.

The real tactic for ewp is someone says they're about to pull it when the enemy is on outer, you have a blob of 50+ running from garri/keep/spawn to defend whilst saying "don't pull!" repeatedly, then it gets pulled. Simply rage in chat, perhaps using a few epitaphs and maybe derogatory names towards the individual who pulled ewp, then wipe the group of 5 that broke in.

Simple tactic to follow.