Sun's Refuge Portal Scroll [Merged]

Lahmia.2193

Daniel, I don't quite see what a story instance issue has to do with the scroll you get from doing a collection after the story is complete.

If you're talking about the first story instance, you need to use your Special Action. Use it to drop a target circle on the Free Awakened, they will run towards where you are. Make sure to round up all of them in the area you are in before progressing to the next room, they won't react if you didn't get all of the previous bunch. (I'm not sure, given that, why I didn't get the achieve for rescuing all of them -- there must be extras tucked away somewhere).

As to the scroll, I'm happy it's also on the Plea. I imagine the reason the scroll exists is so that people who haven't done any of the griffon collection can still get Refuge access; I saw someone worrying that the Plea having it is a mistake and I'm sure the Plea will continue to have it as a convenience for those doing griffons.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Deepcuts.9740" said:

> > > Why don't you add the scroll to the Season 4 Portal Tome?

> > It is not addable at the moment. And since none of the VIP area scrolls have been added to their respective season tomes (yet), this would be a first.

> This isn't a VIP area.

The home instance isn't a VIP area either, yet in the context of teleportation devices for unique instances, I call it such.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Daniel, I don't quite see what a story instance issue has to do with the scroll you get from doing a collection after the story is complete.

>

> If you're talking about the first story instance, you need to use your Special Action. Use it to drop a target circle on the Free Awakened, they will run towards where you are. Make sure to round up all of them in the area you are in before progressing to the next room, they won't react if you didn't get all of the previous bunch. **(I'm not sure, given that, why I didn't get the achieve for rescuing all of them -- there must be extras tucked away somewhere).**

>

> As to the scroll, I'm happy it's also on the Plea. I imagine the reason the scroll exists is so that people who haven't done any of the griffon collection can still get Refuge access; I saw someone worrying that the Plea having it is a mistake and I'm sure the Plea will continue to have it as a convenience for those doing griffons.

I watched 2 of them get smooshed by Kralks paw...bhwaaa...so much for that achieve. I thought it was funny though.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> I think the devs mentioned a plan to add the Sun's Refuge portal scroll to the S4 tome in the future on Reddit. Better just bank it for now instead of deleting.

This is correct! We're aware of it and hoping to add it in a future release.

In regards to Spearmarshal's Plea, the teleport option there is completely intentional. It's a special bonus for those who went through the work to get that item. It isn't going anywhere. :)

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I'm sure it won't poof off the Plea. The scroll is probably there to help those who don't have the Plea, ie anyone that hasn't started/bothered with the griffon collections.

That was my thought and it seems a fair way for everyone involved to access the area with atleast 1 character regardless of whether they own a griffon or not. The only bonus to owning the griffon (if I read correctly) is alt characters can access suns refuge (once unlocked) immediately via the plea instead of having to go after the portal scroll, whereas non griffoneers have to go after the scroll to get their alts there.

It's not as if the scroll collection is difficult, but having the Plea shortcut is a good bonus to those who invested in the griffon with a minor drawback of having 2 access scrolls.

> @"Kirk Williford.2653" said:

> In regards to Spearmarshal's Plea, the teleport option there is completely intentional. It's a special bonus for those who went through the work to get that item. It isn't going anywhere. :)

Thanks for the response! <3

P.S. Are there any plans for a universal collective tome to put all current tomes/passes into? :)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Kirk Williford.2653" said:

> > In regards to Spearmarshal's Plea, the teleport option there is completely intentional. It's a special bonus for those who went through the work to get that item. It isn't going anywhere. :)

>

> Thanks for the response! <3

>

> P.S. Are there any plans for a universal collective tome to put all current tomes/passes into? :)

Right. Like a tome with multiple pages, one for each season.

i finished the instance that unlocks the sanctuary and have it on my spear marshals plea without ever making the scroll. Haven’t even seen that collection yet. I was pleased to see that after leaving it drops you back on the same map you were on in the first place, much like entering the guild hall or mistlock sanctuary.

-Edit- merge brought in additional info that invalidated much of my post

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Deepcuts.9740" said:

> > Why don't you add the scroll to the Season 4 Portal Tome?

>

> It is not addable at the moment. And since none of the VIP area scrolls have been added to their respective season tomes (yet), this would be a first.

Sun's Refuge is not a VIP area like Mistlock Sanctuary or Lily of Elon. It is a core mechanic that every player is expected to unlock during "A Star to Guide Us". It is an integral part of the LW episode.