Commanders voice change with ep4 ?

Is your norn male or female? And what language is the dialogue in?

There's 40 voice actors for the Commander - one for each race/gender combination in English, French, German and Spanish. It's unlikely they'e changed all 8 norn voice actors, and without knowing which one you're hearing it's hard to say if it sounds different or not.

> @"brando.7320" said:

> What about charr male? it seemed different from the personal story

Just a few posts above you, actually:

> @"Griever.8150" said:

> AFAIK There was no voice actor changes to the Commander **outside of the Male Charr one from season 3 onwards.**

(My emphasis)

The male Charr PC got a new voice actor between HoT and LS3.

> @"Titanium Pig.1462" said:

> Is it just me or has the commanders voice changed with episode 4 ? (playing Norn warrior).

No, but they _finally_ stopped making the actors for Charr and Norn speak in such low registers that it sounded completely unnatural and somewhat creepy. ;) I definitely prefer these normal voices. :+1:

Also, obviously, the voice director no longer advises the actors to. Speeeak. Innn. Slowww. Mo-. -Tionnn. =)

I love these changes! <3

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> There was a quite few years pasted since Character Creation, compared to latest story. When character is created, it's just young male\female. Years pass, voice changes :)

I don't think 6 years makes your voice change that drastically, unless the voice actors were still in there teenage years.

Besides, the small changes that may happen will not really be noticeably if you play the game chronologically, since you are most likely used to the most current voice.

Maybe there has been a change in the sound files, different way it's being stored, resulting in a different quality?

This affected all the characters, including the PC. Basically, they dropped their policy of trying to keep the emotional atmosphere neutral, a common criticism since PoF+LS4, and instead seem to have started adding personality into the characters.

What you are hearing is more realistic voice acting like the VA's are more used to from other works.

I wonder how much of it is differences in sound mixing/studio management. Actors age of course, and they don't always get their characterization nailed when they come back to a role after a long delay, but the sound techs change as well. Every detail from microphone placement to eqaulizer balance and many others changes the sound of a recorded voice a lot.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> This affected all the characters, including the PC. Basically, they dropped their policy of trying to keep the emotional atmosphere neutral, a common criticism since PoF+LS4, and instead seem to have started adding personality into the characters.

>

> What you are hearing is more realistic voice acting like the VA's are more used to from other works.

Just to be fair, this has been a criticism since release. Why anyone would spend the money to hire skilled voice actors and then tell them "Hey, you know that whole 'acting' thing you do with your voice, don't do that." I will never understand.