Unable to turn off on screen story notification 'Mythwright Gambit'

GW2 has always provided notifications for certain types of new content, regardless of who might be disinterested. Some people don't do festivals, some don't do WvW, and notifications appear for special events relevant only to those.

I'm not against ANet adding an option to _temporarily_ hide notifications (because you never know if folks might change their minds). And I'm also not against them choosing to do nothing; the details can be collapsed and it will go away soon enough anyhow. There are lots of other UI changes I'd rather see first.

> @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> A simplest solution is to head to lions arch aerodrome and go in an out the raid instance. This will make it disappear.

> If you don't have commander tag for this, ask from a comm to invite you just for that.

You dont have to anyone can start a 10 man commanderless squad and go in.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> > A simplest solution is to head to lions arch aerodrome and go in an out the raid instance. This will make it disappear.

> > If you don't have commander tag for this, ask from a comm to invite you just for that.

>

> You dont have to anyone can start a 10 man commanderless squad and go in.

That does not work. Or at least it did not work for me. Entered once with a commander and a second time with a 1 person squad I created myself, both times I/we let the Zommoros talk until the first boss encounter. The advertisement is still there. Maybe it will get deactivated after some time.

> @"aikatara.3462" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> > > A simplest solution is to head to lions arch aerodrome and go in an out the raid instance. This will make it disappear.

> > > If you don't have commander tag for this, ask from a comm to invite you just for that.

> >

> > You dont have to anyone can start a 10 man commanderless squad and go in.

>

> That does not work. Or at least it did not work for me. Entered once with a commander and a second time with a 1 person squad I created myself, both times I/we let the Zommoros talk until the first boss encounter. The advertisement is still there. Maybe it will get deactivated after some time.

Of course it will get deactivated with time; otherwise we would see all the Festival notices and all the Raid notices and any other orange/gold notice that has ever been there. It is just a matter of waiting a bit.